HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Whitehaven Diamond Jubilee Festival - Saturday Concert

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #15 on: 09 Mar 2012, 04:35:21 pm
Ayia napa or whitehaven festival...........gotta be cyprus for me
Any day of the week ha ha. I don't mind the festival different Banda every year. But it's the same old tripe on the harbour every year, same old food stalls.
nobody is forcing you to go and walk around the "same old tripe". perhaps you could contact the organizers and offer your services to ensure a new brand of tripe for the next one?

Personally none of it really interests me but i'll have a walk down on the sat evening
I will spend my usually 30 mins walking round then be off to the boozer.
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Offline African exile

• First Team Backup
Reply #16 on: 22 Mar 2012, 10:21:04 am

interesting to see who is gonna be on on the sunday

I heard mention of The Specials, Happy Mondays and Inspiral Carpets. How good would that be?

The Charlatans and The Enemy are playing on Sunday
If it's a girl they're naming her Sigourney after an actress, if it's a boy the 're naming him Rodney after Dave

Offline Bkenz92

• First Team Regular
  • Haven Til I Die
Reply #17 on: 22 Mar 2012, 11:25:08 am

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #18 on: 22 Mar 2012, 11:53:27 am

I heard mention of The Specials, Happy Mondays and Inspiral Carpets. How good would that be?

Are these at night get back from cyprus at 7ish wouldnt mind watching them mind

Offline harbouragrudge

• First Team Backup
Reply #19 on: 22 Mar 2012, 02:00:14 pm
Concerts tend to be on late afternoon on the Sunday.
Freud said that the essence of the comic was the conservation of psychic energy. But then Freud never played Second House, Friday night at the Glasgow Empire - Ken Dodd

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #20 on: 22 Mar 2012, 05:23:12 pm

That more like it :)
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Offline Caractacus Potts

• Academy Signing
Reply #21 on: 23 Mar 2012, 08:36:19 am

That more like it :)

"Be my spider woman, I'll be your spiderman........"!   :tip:

The Enemy have done some good chunes, but most of the time they just sound a bit like Paul Weller :mess:

Offline dcharlie

• Academy Signing
Reply #22 on: 02 Apr 2012, 01:20:09 am
As someone who hasn't lived in Whitehaven since 1993 i'm stunned at the job that's been done to turn Whitehaven/cumbria into a music hotbed. When i lived in Whitehaven i'd have to go to Newcastle, Manchester etc if i had any hope of seeing anyone (or Barrow/Carlisle every now and then )

Now ? wow - just wow. I'll be back in whitehaven in May and i'm looking at who i can go see - it really is mindblowing. But same has happened in the past - saw the Buzzcocks. THE BUZZCOCKS at the Civic Hall. That would have been unthinkable all those years back.

The work that's been done to attract people to the town, the establishment of festivals etc - it's the potential awakening of a whole region and hats off to all involved.

I'm just jealous as a huge music fan that this scene just wasn't there when i was young.

Offline Conrad Penguin

• Academy Star
Reply #23 on: 06 May 2012, 11:13:24 am
I got an e mail off a buddy today that still stays in Whitehaven. Said the crack round town was not many tickets had been sold and there were plans to sell the remaining tickets on the nights cheap. :witch: :witch:
 If this is true I will be very peeved as every bloody year I buy tickets for each day at full price but if this is the case after assurances last year that it would never happen again I feel the festival as a musical attraction will fall on its arse as no-one will pay for the tickets up front so he won't be able to get the cash to attract the bands.
I really hope there is no truth in it. Has anyone heard anything?  :witch: :witch:
Who ever you vote for Government wins.

Offline harbouragrudge

• First Team Backup
Reply #24 on: 06 May 2012, 10:18:41 pm
Why should people feel forced to 'splash the cash' on bands that are presented as a done deal?
Freud said that the essence of the comic was the conservation of psychic energy. But then Freud never played Second House, Friday night at the Glasgow Empire - Ken Dodd