HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

How Do We Save Our Season?

Offline TheCollier

• First Team Backup
on: 11 Mar 2012, 05:13:45 pm

- Get the PNG lads here ASAP
- Let Haggerty, Rudd, Bauer, Wilson, Flemming, Cunningham, Gee, Wiper, Youds, O'Neill go.
- Use the money to sign 2 big props
- Entice Brocklebank, Lowrey and Lofthouse to the club - when was the last time we signed a decent local amateur.

If results dont improve quickly - and im reluctant to say this as we need stability......... ask Don Gailer to leave the club of his own consent.

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 11 Mar 2012, 05:16:23 pm
Be lucky if lofthouse plays again this season pal dislocated and compound fractured his finger yesterday for Kells. Lowrey and mahovic should be brought in for definite I'd keep young o,Neil he will be a good player Leeds are interested in him. Agree with the rest plus bewsher.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #2 on: 11 Mar 2012, 05:17:05 pm
i think we should have made an aproach for these ametuer players at the start before we get poor players on board for gods sake these ametuer players will play with heart unlike certain others its decision time it must be fast

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #3 on: 11 Mar 2012, 05:18:01 pm
Be lucky if lofthouse plays again this season pal dislocated and compound fractured his finger yesterday for Kells. Lowrey and mahovic should be brought in for definite I'd keep young o,Neil he will be a good player Leeds are interested in him. Agree with the rest plus bewsher.
these arent the answer we need experienced props
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #4 on: 11 Mar 2012, 05:20:06 pm
Agree the PNG player need to arrive PDQ ..i would caution though they aint going to run the team they are powerful tryers but they aint going to instill direction and organisation.

Certain players need to go we can debate till the cows come home who they are and a lot depends on how much they are earning are being paid .

My biggest concern is the coach i can not see one improvement he has made to the team and our failings are repeated everytime we play ...its his job after 7 games to correct and improve the team and it isnt happening which means he is not doing a deceant job.  I would say unless we get three wins from the next three games he has to go.

• Haven Legend
Reply #5 on: 11 Mar 2012, 05:22:20 pm
if he dont improve next week he needs to go we cant affort many defeats hes not doing anything for the team i had high hope for the fella but iv been questioning it from game 3 on

shape up or shift out

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #6 on: 11 Mar 2012, 05:24:10 pm
Should have been Dave Woods proven himself over here

• Haven Legend
Reply #7 on: 11 Mar 2012, 05:26:10 pm
i wanted dave woods too instead we got ged stokes back probs gonna be worse i fear for the club this year this is gonna be the end

Offline haven24/7

• Academy Star
Reply #8 on: 11 Mar 2012, 05:52:51 pm
Back to reality!!!   Where do we get the money to pay him off?   Exactly. We can't!!   Think this link should be locked!!

Offline TheCollier

• First Team Backup
Reply #9 on: 11 Mar 2012, 06:12:43 pm

He would have to leave of his own accord. Which I think he would if it came to it as he seems like a decent fella. I'd allow him to choose someone locally to assist him with the team such as Smith Seeds or Brocklebank.

Now I've calmed down I think it's a bit early to call for his head but we must improve dramatically next Sunday or the knives will really be out.

Offline bobby

• Academy Star
Reply #10 on: 11 Mar 2012, 06:23:36 pm
I said a team of average travellers would be no good and their would be no team spirit. I got slated on hear for saying it also what credentials has galier got . We need a clear out. The PNG lads wont make a difference as forwards win games. Get seeds back with chris wright and get some locals involved before its to late.

Offline touchjudge57

• First Team Backup
Reply #11 on: 11 Mar 2012, 06:51:22 pm
Bringing in Lowrey and Mahovic from Kells will not help. It's a giant step up from amateur to  this level of pro RL. Young Bewsher is a classic example and someone in the past who would have been blooded in the U23/reserve side or failing that being nurtured in an experienced pack. I've no doubt he'll be a good signing, but at this momemt in my opinion is out of his depth.
The club badly needs a couple of BIG experienced props and an old head in the half backs. Doncaster are a classic example.

Offline cumbria 1

• Academy Star
Reply #12 on: 11 Mar 2012, 06:53:41 pm
We need some decent forwards even kids watching the game can see that.

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #13 on: 11 Mar 2012, 06:54:31 pm
We needed two props and experienced half back at the end of last season and we still need them  :bow:

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #14 on: 11 Mar 2012, 07:48:43 pm
Gateshead had a big number 8. First look he seemd unfit but in the end he did alot of damage. Took 3 every time to put him down and still got a few offloads in

Sadly this should have been done start of the season. Any decent props will have been snapped up. Maybe look at a loan or duel reg like we had with Paul king.