HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Is This the End

Offline TheCollier

• First Team Backup
on: 12 Mar 2012, 07:49:55 pm

The hopes for a new Stadium destroyed and the club continuing on a downward spiral. Looks like it could be lights out.

Sickening.

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #1 on: 12 Mar 2012, 08:00:29 pm

The hopes for a new Stadium destroyed and the club continuing on a downward spiral. Looks like it could be lights out.

Sickening.
I'm so angry at the abject greed of the miners, they have just cost the town and themselves a decent future
"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA

Offline TheCollier

• First Team Backup
Reply #2 on: 12 Mar 2012, 08:07:23 pm

Its infuriating.

The actual Miners who worked in the Town will be turning in their graves after this evenings events.

When did Whitehaven become such a ***** place to live - no wonder everyone leaves hence the fat idiots known as our Council.

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #3 on: 12 Mar 2012, 08:20:11 pm

Its infuriating.

The actual Miners who worked in the Town will be turning in their graves after this evenings events.

When did Whitehaven become such a ***** place to live - no wonder everyone leaves hence the fat idiots known as our Council.
The public fallout over this will do untold damage now
"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #4 on: 12 Mar 2012, 09:14:06 pm
Who exactly are 'the miners', I know where the club is and the bowling green etc, but who are the people who run it ?

Is it a local group / committee, or some county or even country wide organisation. Who is exactly standing in the way ?

By the way, I also expect it's not as black and white as presently presented, (i.e. 'the miners' fault).

I would fully expect out inept, unprofessional and idiotic council to be embroiled up to their arm pits in this somewhere. Quite possibly they knew of this issue from a long time ago and have been trying to be political, cleaver and some what heavy handed with 'the miners' by keeping the real issue, (money for the miners), under wraps while they busied themselves putting pressure on them by setting up the 'new stadium' as a world cup venue and big step forward for the town.

Well if that is the case, it's backfired big time and our glorious council have egg on their face once again.

I suspected all of this some weeks ago, and actually posted to that effect on here by the way.

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #5 on: 12 Mar 2012, 10:35:34 pm
If the miners are being dicks about it jack em off and take it up to hensingham

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #6 on: 13 Mar 2012, 05:56:19 am
Why will the Council [as usual] not engage with fans and let everyone know the exact nature of the problem - and admit when they became aware they had a problem, that would be very interesting to find out.

Offline The wash

• Academy Signing
Reply #7 on: 13 Mar 2012, 08:06:49 am
you can't blame the miners -- they are doing what any one of us would do in the situation, holding out for the best price. Yes is excessive but the blame lies firmly with the council who have let it get to a s*it or bust situation instead of planning properly and having a contingency in place.

Remember the miners national office has no love for Whitehaven and or Copeland and no vested interest in us getting the world cup or a new stadium. Their interest is purely to get the best deal they can for their organisation, and mismanagement of the project by CBC means they'll probably end up getting six or seven times the value of the land, because the council will get the nuclear partners to fund it; just like when they paid Hanratty double what his land was worth so they didn't look stupid over Albion Square.

Offline random2

• Academy Star
Reply #8 on: 13 Mar 2012, 08:07:21 am
Rather than being up in arms I think if this falls through the majority of people will be delighted. Lots of Haven fans didn't want this 'half a stadium' and the vast majority of people in the area who don't follow Haven are glad that many millions are not being wasted on a private business which, most of the time,  embarasses the town with its sporting results.

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #9 on: 13 Mar 2012, 08:28:42 am
huge monies have already been wasted on this venture as nearly half has gone on what exactly?thats why we are down to a one stand ground!! so now we are about to let miners hold us over a barrel for further funds from this dwindling amount i say let the dream of a new stadium go and concentrate on the ground we have a lease for.
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline billybonzo

• Academy Signing
Reply #10 on: 13 Mar 2012, 09:17:36 am

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #11 on: 13 Mar 2012, 09:33:59 am
you can't blame the miners -- they are doing what any one of us would do in the situation, holding out for the best price. Yes is excessive but the blame lies firmly with the council who have let it get to a s*it or bust situation instead of planning properly and having a contingency in place.

Remember the miners national office has no love for Whitehaven and or Copeland and no vested interest in us getting the world cup or a new stadium. Their interest is purely to get the best deal they can for their organisation, and mismanagement of the project by CBC means they'll probably end up getting six or seven times the value of the land, because the council will get the nuclear partners to fund it; just like when they paid Hanratty double what his land was worth so they didn't look stupid over Albion Square.
Sorry but you can blame the miners they have had years to alert the authorties that they wanted this amount just to sign the lease,and they have left it until the last meeting to drop the bombshell,knowing they have them over a barrel and as I have said if it looks likley that because of this it will not go ahead ,how is that what is best for the miners.They could have had a 25 years lease worth around 400k,New drwinge,changerooms,fencing etc.Instead what they are left with is havens 3 years remaining lease
« Last Edit: 13 Mar 2012, 09:36:16 am by brett kinghams mullet »
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #12 on: 13 Mar 2012, 09:38:06 am
huge monies have already been wasted on this venture as nearly half has gone on what exactly?thats why we are down to a one stand ground!! so now we are about to let miners hold us over a barrel for further funds from this dwindling amount i say let the dream of a new stadium go and concentrate on the ground we have a lease for.
Dear Choccy, I think you will find if you ring the RFL that the lease for the recre now lies not with 2010 ltd but with the Charitable arm of the RFL, the club has a lease on nothing.

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #13 on: 13 Mar 2012, 09:40:54 am

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #14 on: 13 Mar 2012, 09:44:13 am
Dear Choccy, I think you will find if you ring the RFL that the lease for the recre now lies not with 2010 ltd but with the Charitable arm of the RFL, the club has a lease on nothing.
cran cran im aware of that but just like bradford with their ground we could still carry on at the rec for years to come unless the rfl pull the plug on the deal now
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.