HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Is This the End

ca28

Reply #30 on: 14 Mar 2012, 07:33:18 am
Boycott the car park and the miners bar....They will soon get the message. Greedy SSI

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #31 on: 14 Mar 2012, 09:33:06 am
Why is it always ....when there seems to be a little bit of light at the end of the tunnel....it always seems to cave in again...someone needs to be hauled over the coals for this(pardon the pun)
The whitehaven miners committee is where the fault lies fairly and squarely. The guy from the RL tonight said that as far as they were concerned, all parties had said they were on board,the signing of the agreement was to take place last week, then at the very last minute the miners committe issued their demands, as much as I do not give much creedence to our council this is not of their doing.  This will come back to haunt the miners unless they have a change of heart in the next 48 hrs ( timescale quoted by the RL guy)

A feller called Steve Ball from the RFL was paid a lot of money as a consultant by WRLFC and CBC  to sort things out with the miners over the past two years. Maybe he was speaking to the wrong people. Hard to believe that this came totally out of left field.

And still begs the question why did they let it get to such a critical time before the lease was signed -- this should have been sorted before plans were ever drawn up. Mismanagement by CBC allowed the miners to be in a position to make such a demand.
dear Wash, can you give me any specifics about this Mr.ball, though I have to say I doubt it very much WRLC gave him any money? Unless perhaps he is part of the srchitects scheme - I ask because though his name sounds familiar I can't place his name in the scheme of things thanks if you can Cran Cran.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #32 on: 14 Mar 2012, 01:45:11 pm
Its all been a complete farce from start to finish. Ever since a new ground was first mooted its being beset with problems from Knotweed to a ground rights. Whilst a number of our rivals have had either new stadiums or revamps we've had years of talks and still nothing. No doubt someone somewhere has made a few bob out of this (consultants). Diabolical if you ask me.

Well I hope it never happens. The plans were of a mediocre stadium anyhow. If I were on the BOD I would be trying with the Miners blessing to get what funds we can and do up the ground. If this is not possible because it doesnt meet criteria then let the amateurs use the ground as well. After all we were meant to be sharing facilities.

As for the council they are a joke but then again we can't expect much of them. There's more important things in life than a new stadium. We have a Town centre full of empty shops, very few employment opportunities for the young'uns and a hospital thats been run down. Not much light at the end of the tunnel either :( :(

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #33 on: 14 Mar 2012, 02:41:57 pm
itl be they end for Haven if they dont get the new stadium as the not allowed to build extra on the recre. i said ages ago its a wonder near to the go ahead the miners ask for more.
they should have gone up to the athletic stadium from the start.

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #34 on: 14 Mar 2012, 03:31:38 pm
itl be they end for Haven if they dont get the new stadium as the not allowed to build extra on the recre. i said ages ago its a wonder near to the go ahead the miners ask for more.
they should have gone up to the athletic stadium from the start.
Dear maca, why are you saying "they will not be allowed to build extra on the recre.." what are you basing that assumption on ?

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #35 on: 14 Mar 2012, 04:09:32 pm
Dear Posters, Let me give you an example of how "spin" has again been used in the press and is typical of how this whole project has been mismanaged from day one. News and Star - tonight page 4 paragraph seven "It is understood all the funding for the stadium is now in place and tenders evaluated. An agreement with the miners is the only remaining stumbling block" If Mr.Morgan bothered to ring the Copeland Community Fund he would be told that the funding has not been approved, he would have found out that the request for funding has NOT been put on the agenda for the meeting to be held at the end of this month [the next meeting will be late May]  If he rang other persons he would find out that at this moment in time regardless of the miners debacle the council do NOT EXACTLY know how much the shortfall will be. Now unless Mr.Morgan is in receipt of information that the scheme has had money granted from another source and is not telling his readers who that source is then we can assume that he has not checked his facts and the funding IS NOT in place. Is this just a cynical paragraph inserted to put moral pressure on the miners. The tenders have been evaluated - to me and you basically looked at in detail, yet in various press releases we hear things like "..we were about to award a contract" again all hot air if you don't know how much money you need, if you haven't applied for the money, if you haven't got another source of funding how on earth can you even think of awarding a contract - it'll be the same contractor's bulldozers that were coming on site this month to level the Kells End and the JJ bar. I can go further and remind people that when Don gailer first met the fans on that sunday a certain club representative said and I thin I am quoting fairly accurately "....and everybody is onboard..." clearly they were not. Why do we keep getting drip fed false information? ? ?

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #36 on: 14 Mar 2012, 04:20:22 pm
why do you think they never have built on to the recre or didn't for this new stadium ? it wasn't just the knottweed, as the recre is charity land any extra building could cost the charity if Haven left the recre they would have to put it back to land for lease to someone else. Keith knows the ins and outs of all charity things if you needed to know more.
But the miners realy do hold the cards which has been a pain in Haven rl arse for sometime

like a say i,l believe it when the diggers go in not when i see some Shiite wrote and promised in a  news rag

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #37 on: 14 Mar 2012, 04:49:47 pm
What about the kells end the new stand and the popular side and railway end they are all new additions since the club took over the ground in 1948 there is nothing to stop any development other than the miners saying no. Which to be fair to them they have never done so. Building on the land wil only improve it and I am sure they could always find another user quite easily if 2010 walked away, but the RFL has a new long lease so there is at least security of tenure for RL to be played on the ground for the next 25 years.

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #38 on: 14 Mar 2012, 05:04:46 pm
What about the kells end the new stand and the popular side and railway end they are all new additions since the club took over the ground in 1948 there is nothing to stop any development other than the miners saying no. Which to be fair to them they have never done so. Building on the land wil only improve it and I am sure they could always find another user quite easily if 2010 walked away, but the RFL has a new long lease so there is at least security of tenure for RL to be played on the ground for the next 25 years.
Cran Cran the Rugby League will only fund the 25k lease per year for 25 years on the premise that a new stadium is built. Haven could not afford that at this moment. There hadn't Been a queue of people wishing to invest in the rec of late.
"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #39 on: 14 Mar 2012, 05:46:13 pm

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #40 on: 14 Mar 2012, 05:49:45 pm

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #41 on: 14 Mar 2012, 06:05:32 pm
would have been alot cheaper going the athletics stadium and could have been built by now

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #42 on: 14 Mar 2012, 06:27:14 pm
would have been better going along with the original plan and we would have a sl stadium as we speak.

Offline gibsonspiesandoxo

• First Team Backup
Reply #43 on: 14 Mar 2012, 06:39:29 pm
great posts cran.cran :tip: :tip: :bow: :bow:

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #44 on: 14 Mar 2012, 06:48:51 pm
both ways you'd still be under the miners last word and paying lease money least up there things could have been done with no one having the last word on what you do or extra lease money to pay out