HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

New Stadium to go ahead

Offline random2

• Academy Star
Reply #15 on: 23 Mar 2012, 07:07:29 pm
Wonder if I could cough up the money to sponsor one of the 'rope stands'. Imagine just like the 'Sir Alex Ferguson Stand' except with my name on it and er.....no seats or concrete or roof!

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #16 on: 23 Mar 2012, 07:21:07 pm
I just hope everyone gets behind the project now. I like many others feel we have been over sold on expectations and under sold on proposed delivery, but hey ........ it's our future now like it or not...so lets make the most of it.

Bottom line is EVERY facility in the new stadium is bound to be better than what we have at the moment.

Stands
Playing Surface
Access
Parking
Toilets
Training Facilities
Club House
Changing Facilities
Flood Lighting
Total Ambiance

Not everything we wanted / expected...but better than we have.
« Last Edit: 23 Mar 2012, 07:22:54 pm by cbandg01 »

Offline African exile

• First Team Backup
Reply #17 on: 23 Mar 2012, 07:28:02 pm
So can we expect the club to come cap in hand asking for sponsors of seats and bricks etc? It could raise a bit of revenue. Wonder if anything will come of the 100 quid many of us donated to the last build a stand farce? That one left me 300 quid out of pocket.
If it's a girl they're naming her Sigourney after an actress, if it's a boy the 're naming him Rodney after Dave

Offline gmc66

• First Team Regular
Reply #18 on: 23 Mar 2012, 07:54:51 pm
people say it wont be finished in time????? remember the pitch is already there and these new stands can be finished in weeks once the concrete foundations are in, roofs are just bolt ons so no issues there.... providing they get cracking soon it shouldnt be a problem i wouldnt of thought  ;) ;)

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #19 on: 23 Mar 2012, 08:56:26 pm
people say it wont be finished in time????? remember the pitch is already there and these new stands can be finished in weeks once the concrete foundations are in, roofs are just bolt ons so no issues there.... providing they get cracking soon it shouldnt be a problem i wouldnt of thought  ;) ;)

19 months til world cup, plenty of time, 13 months build and readiness programme based on other build projects
"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA

Offline Conrad Penguin

• Academy Star
Reply #20 on: 23 Mar 2012, 09:15:45 pm

Yes but is part of the scheme not an improved drainage system? I think that may take up a bit of time but I suppose football season will be finishing soon enough. The stands will probably be pre fab so probably a week to errect them.
Who ever you vote for Government wins.

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #21 on: 24 Mar 2012, 06:43:54 am

Offline gibsonspiesandoxo

• First Team Backup
Reply #22 on: 24 Mar 2012, 07:33:29 am
 dear cran.cran i don't know pal, but over on the other side madge seems to fall on her feet concerning finances why not try and get her on our BOD and with her getting married again and changing her religion to muslim we would then be classed multi cultural embracing one and all surely this would qualify us for lots of government and EU grants and who knows it could maybe help us on our UK border agency speed up. Who knows,madge on the BOD,  a new stadium with protection against the elements and a bar big enough to cater for our needs and not just a concrete passage way and a council that got something right, manna from heaven but cran.cran "i have a feeling we're not in kansas anymore"

Offline Haven Crazy

• First Team Backup
  • Is tho in yan? Is tho in yan? oohoo
Reply #23 on: 24 Mar 2012, 12:09:31 pm
How many times have we heard that?!?
Can't stand Jam, eh!