HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Amateur Targets

Offline TheCollier

• First Team Backup
on: 25 Mar 2012, 01:05:34 pm
Didnt attend Mont/ Brow games but I hear there was a few stellar performances. Who stood out?

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 25 Mar 2012, 02:01:57 pm
I liked Wath Brow stand off.

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #2 on: 25 Mar 2012, 02:41:40 pm
I liked Wath Brow stand off.

Isn't he signed with Warrington

Offline bustling billy

• Academy Star
Reply #3 on: 25 Mar 2012, 08:52:22 pm
Reece davis..egremont full back...watched him since he was a kid....barla international..lrght attitude ...would defo. make it

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #4 on: 25 Mar 2012, 11:38:30 pm
Karl Dixon brow stand off good kid. Kieran Glenn from egremont good kid.

Offline harry callaghan

• Academy Star
Reply #5 on: 26 Mar 2012, 08:47:50 am
Attitude with some is a major stumbling block,some have the attitude they are too good to play for haven . A recent signing is proof that you can have all the ability in the world but if your attitude is wrong then it will never work

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #6 on: 26 Mar 2012, 08:49:45 am
the club should be looking at these lads with a view to next season where the reserve side will be started up again and the club can look forward,at the moment its pointless signing any local young guns
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline harbouragrudge

• First Team Backup
Reply #7 on: 26 Mar 2012, 09:07:42 am
It should be an honour, no a dream, for any local kid to pull on the Chocolate Blue and Gold.

One or two good seasons with Haven and then the bigger boys from SL and the league above will come knocking on their door.
Freud said that the essence of the comic was the conservation of psychic energy. But then Freud never played Second House, Friday night at the Glasgow Empire - Ken Dodd

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #8 on: 26 Mar 2012, 02:21:11 pm
It should be an honour, no a dream, for any local kid to pull on the Chocolate Blue and Gold.

One or two good seasons with Haven and then the bigger boys from SL and the league above will come knocking on their door.

Done kyle amor no harm signing for us

Offline the good doctor

• Academy Star
Reply #9 on: 26 Mar 2012, 02:21:47 pm
Attitude with some is a major stumbling block,some have the attitude they are too good to play for haven . A recent signing is proof that you can have all the ability in the world but if your attitude is wrong then it will never work

heard craic at the game yesterday about this certain egremont ranger

Offline TheCollier

• First Team Backup
Reply #10 on: 26 Mar 2012, 03:03:37 pm
Apparently Bewsher wants to return to Egremont AND retain his Amateur status. That's fine with me IF HE PAYS HIS MONEY BACK!

Offline Soss (formerly known as gonch)

• Academy Star
Reply #11 on: 26 Mar 2012, 06:52:25 pm
Why would an amateur player such as Karl Dixon give up the chance to tour and play rugby with his mates to sign for a reserve team of a bottom division team? And a players dream to sign for haven? Have a word with yourself.

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #12 on: 26 Mar 2012, 06:54:19 pm
maybe once it would have been but times have changed - perhaps we haven't changed with them on somme things ? ? ?

Offline Soss (formerly known as gonch)

• Academy Star
Reply #13 on: 26 Mar 2012, 06:58:36 pm
Times have changed I know 3 lads who went on tour last year turned under 20 SL contracts down to do their apprenticeships and stay amateur so its not just champ clubs

Offline TheCollier

• First Team Backup
Reply #14 on: 26 Mar 2012, 07:59:19 pm
Why would an amateur player such as Karl Dixon give up the chance to tour and play rugby with his mates to sign for a reserve team of a bottom division team? And a players dream to sign for haven? Have a word with yourself.

Exactly the attitude we're up against.

If your instiling the same attitude in young players that you portray on here I feel sorry for them.