HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Amateur Targets

Offline African exile

• First Team Backup
Reply #15 on: 26 Mar 2012, 08:46:29 pm
Why would an amateur player such as Karl Dixon give up the chance to tour and play rugby with his mates to sign for a reserve team of a bottom division team? And a players dream to sign for haven? Have a word with yourself.

Exactly the attitude we're up against.

If your instiling the same attitude in young players that you portray on here I feel sorry for them.

Collier

Not everyone strives to be a professional sportsman. To me it appears a no brainer. Play at the summit of the amateur game have a few pints with your marras spend quality time with friends/family or play for a bottom league semi pro team training most days having to monitor your food and alcohol intake and not even get a game.
 I can see exactly where Soss is coming from.
If it's a girl they're naming her Sigourney after an actress, if it's a boy the 're naming him Rodney after Dave

Offline Soss (formerly known as gonch)

• Academy Star
Reply #16 on: 26 Mar 2012, 08:48:28 pm
You don't impose your will on any player, as a coach you are merely an enabler to help them develop as best they can, I am merely observing the stance of some of the younger players today.
Many of them do not see signing for their local clubs as a major thing any more, especially the lads who have had a taste of an international tour, look at Kyle and Brett P they both toured first before giving it a shot, Kyle is living the SL dream and Brett has the potential to follow. Each player is different and I've coached lads who have signed for town, haven and SL clubs.
The only thing to do is give them a balanced view of their options (if they want the coaches view) and let them and those around make up their mind what is best for them.

Offline talentspotter1

• Academy Signing
Reply #17 on: 28 Mar 2012, 10:31:50 am

Offline cumbrian

• Academy Star
Reply #18 on: 05 Apr 2012, 10:31:49 pm
Didnt attend Mont/ Brow games but I hear there was a few stellar performances. Who stood out?
[/quote
thats a shock.