HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Haven v Town - Good Friday, Your thoughts/comments?

Offline vaselino

• Academy Star
Reply #165 on: 08 Apr 2012, 03:06:51 pm
Heart and passion, yes. Quality rugby, no. I'd agree with Ralph, think town were mediocre, we were poor.
We must be far worse than poor if a "mediocre" side can put over 70 points on us in 2 games.

We were bad vaselino but they only put 18 on us in this game, a half decent side would have put more than 40 on us. Fact.
The winning margin was 18 but they scored 30 and scored 44 at dp. Thats over 70 points for me and a decent side will put more than 40 on us as things stand Im afraid.
« Last Edit: 08 Apr 2012, 03:09:15 pm by vaselino »

Offline Ralph

• Academy Signing
Reply #166 on: 08 Apr 2012, 03:17:04 pm
Heart and passion, yes. Quality rugby, no. I'd agree with Ralph, think town were mediocre, we were poor.
We must be far worse than poor if a "mediocre" side can put over 70 points on us in 2 games.

We were bad vaselino but they only put 18 on us in this game, a half decent side would have put more than 40 on us. Fact.
The winning margin was 18 but they scored 30 and scored 44 at dp. Thats over 70 points for me and a decent side will put more than 40 on us as things stand Im afraid.

I agree with your maths vas, but I was only commenting on this game. I also agree with you on were we stand at the moment, it's worrying.

Offline Chris

• Academy Signing
Reply #167 on: 08 Apr 2012, 03:28:11 pm
Simple fact is town played to the conditions, you don't throw the ball about on a wet pitch. A coach or player with half a brain would recognise you had to play simple rugby, on a dry summers day we would of cut you to ribbons. Our pack is twice as creative,fast and powerful as yours, and if they had been allowed to open up like in recent weeks then your defence would not of been able to contain them. I look at both sides and theres only 1 haven player could get near our 17 and that is mcavoy. And he is nowhere near as solid in defence as mossop or Rooney, but far more explosive going forward. And just because the score line wasn't 40 or 50, it was still a big of a hammering, not once did haven look as though they could win the game, even when you brought it back to 12 points there was no one in the ground who truly believed you were staging a comeback.

Yes but we have not played well in any game so far. it's not like town stopped us playing and it was exactly pouring down I've said before and I'll say again a good side would have completely annihilated us.

Offline Ralph

• Academy Signing
Reply #168 on: 08 Apr 2012, 03:39:10 pm
Hi Chris, I think you meant it WASN'T exactly pouring down. In fact I would only say it was mildly moist!

Offline Chris

• Academy Signing
Reply #169 on: 08 Apr 2012, 03:41:05 pm
  :-[

Offline skidaw

• Academy Star
Reply #170 on: 08 Apr 2012, 05:37:25 pm
second half score was only 14-10 hardly battered is it ::)

We were that bad we couldn't pick up a bonus point at home. No matter how bad we play a bonus point is a must.
Seedsy made the Rec. a fortress. Don has got to do the same.

Offline Ralph

• Academy Signing
Reply #171 on: 08 Apr 2012, 06:56:19 pm
I agree bonus point a must, and rec a fortress of invincibility!

Offline this is haven

• Academy Star
  • We r better than them up the road, FACT!!!!!!
Reply #172 on: 09 Apr 2012, 10:08:43 am
Wen we were in thechampionship the likes of fax fev sheffield n other clubs were afraid to cum to the rec cis they new they were leaving wid nowt. Think it was 18 month we were unbeaten at home in the league. Now we lose to town at home. Pfff we rnow a poor team in the worst league.
Hope town always fail

Offline Bigjimk77

• Academy Signing
Reply #173 on: 09 Apr 2012, 09:29:02 pm
Wen we were in thechampionship the likes of fax fev sheffield n other clubs were afraid to cum to the rec cis they new they were leaving wid nowt. Think it was 18 month we were unbeaten at home in the league. Now we lose to town at home. Pfff we rnow a poor team in the worst league.

To not get a BP at home is shocking

Offline random2

• Academy Star
Reply #174 on: 09 Apr 2012, 09:44:45 pm
How much were we spending on the wage bill back then compared to now?

Offline stockporthaven

• Academy Star
Reply #175 on: 13 Apr 2012, 04:40:47 pm
always look on the bright side of life, I have already wiped the game from my mind. The one really funny thing I enjoyed at the match when our mascot was walking behind the kells end before the game and one town fan tried to start a chant of " who ate all the zebras"

Still think we have enough to make the top 4

Offline this is haven

• Academy Star
  • We r better than them up the road, FACT!!!!!!
Reply #176 on: 14 Apr 2012, 01:32:09 am
always look on the bright side of life, I have already wiped the game from my mind. The one really funny thing I enjoyed at the match when our mascot was walking behind the kells end before the game and one town fan tried to start a chant of " who ate all the zebras"

Still think we have enough to make the top 4

Until we sign sum decent props keep thinking marra
Hope town always fail