HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

lunt the rhino

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
on: 19 Apr 2012, 08:57:34 pm
Taken from bbc sport website.........

New Leeds Rhinos signing Shaun Lunt "did not have to think" when he heard the club wanted to sign him.

The versatile 25-year-old joined the Rhinos on loan from Super League rivals Huddersfield Giants until the end of the season on Wednesday.

"I didn't have to think at all once I found out Leeds were interested, that was that," he told BBC Radio Leeds.

"It was no secret that I wasn't getting many minutes at the Giants and I asked the coach if I could go out on loan."

He added: "The club has been fantastic in the matter and not stood in my way, so credit to them in that sense."

Lunt has been unable to hold down a regular place in the starting 13 this season and became surplus to requirements at the Galpharm Stadium after the arrival of Scott Moore on Tuesday.

Despite the disappointment of falling down the pecking order at Huddersfield, Lunt has no hard feelings about having to look elsewhere for first-team action.

"I was gutted but that's just rugby league for you. Tommy Lee was playing fantastic and I couldn't really whinge or sulk," he continued.

"It's not that I was playing badly and I knew that, sometimes you just have to take things on the chin."

The England international could make his debut for the World Club champions against Catalan Dragons on Friday.
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline gibsonspiesandoxo

• First Team Backup
Reply #1 on: 19 Apr 2012, 09:05:46 pm
put another post earlier he is 3/2 to score anytime looks a good bet

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #2 on: 19 Apr 2012, 09:07:53 pm
good player shaun lunt some townies thought he was going back there :D :D :D :D
born and bred haven.