HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

World Cup Games

Offline DJBRYAN

• Academy Star
Reply #150 on: 27 Apr 2012, 06:15:17 pm
Well if the RL are interested at all in keeping the games in this part of the world then why not give one each to Town and Haven as we stand. After all both grounds are well below any decent standard.  So lets have a game each and support both and let the RL see we can get some decent gates at these matches.
« Last Edit: 27 Apr 2012, 06:17:30 pm by DJBRYAN »

Offline wigan106

• Academy Star
Reply #151 on: 27 Apr 2012, 07:17:55 pm
Keith:

No, it is not at odds with Mr. Morgan's professed confusion. It is simply the facts from someone who knows what was happening. It may not be the negative you seek, but it is what it is.

I fail to see what your goal is in this matter. Your speculation serves to only undermine these partnerships and create resentment and the inclination not to support Workington based Cumbrian Rugby League activities by Whitehaven fans and sponsors. A result detrimental for both teams.
You are wrong, Copeland and Whitehaven decided to go it alone and exclude Allerdale. Allerdale then dropped out.

Offline wigan106

• Academy Star
Reply #152 on: 27 Apr 2012, 07:27:25 pm
Well if the RL are interested at all in keeping the games in this part of the world then why not give one each to Town and Haven as we stand. After all both grounds are well below any decent standard.  So lets have a game each and support both and let the RL see we can get some decent gates at these matches.
That would seem the sensible solution, but we know what the RFL are like so it will probably never happen.

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #153 on: 27 Apr 2012, 07:30:48 pm
Keith:

No, it is not at odds with Mr. Morgan's professed confusion. It is simply the facts from someone who knows what was happening. It may not be the negative you seek, but it is what it is.

I fail to see what your goal is in this matter. Your speculation serves to only undermine these partnerships and create resentment and the inclination not to support Workington based Cumbrian Rugby League activities by Whitehaven fans and sponsors. A result detrimental for both teams.

JD:

I do not seek any negative I was merely as confused as others are about the West Cumbria bid!!!   That is exactly how it started out with both councils and both clubs "Backing the Bid".    Hundreds of signatures were collected for the joint venture.
I think everyone, certainly those that I spoke with about the bid, understood that any game (s) that came as a result of the bid would be at the Copeland new stadium.

When Mr Morgan reported in his 2011 article that the person from the RFL referred to a Copeland Consortium bid he was surprised and pulled him up pointing out it was a West Cumbria bid.   Mr Dutton from the RFL corrected Mr Morgan and said there were two bids but it was hoped that at some point they would come together.    The public were led to believe and obviously the press as well that they were supporting a joint bid.    In that article he says that Mr Bowden was also surprised to hear of seperate bids!!!   

Going by that does that mean there wasn't one joint bid but two competing bids from Allerdale and Copeland?   Seeing as you know what was happening, what exactly was going on at the time of Mr Morgan's article?   

Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline wigan106

• Academy Star
Reply #154 on: 27 Apr 2012, 07:44:04 pm
Keith:

JD:

I do not seek any negative I was merely as confused as others are about the West Cumbria bid!!!   That is exactly how it started out with both councils and both clubs "Backing the Bid".    Hundreds of signatures were collected for the joint venture.
I think everyone, certainly those that I spoke with about the bid, understood that any game (s) that came as a result of the bid would be at the Copeland new stadium.

When Mr Morgan reported in his 2011 article that the person from the RFL referred to a Copeland Consortium bid he was surprised and pulled him up pointing out it was a West Cumbria bid.   Mr Dutton from the RFL corrected Mr Morgan and said there were two bids but it was hoped that at some point they would come together.    The public were led to believe and obviously the press as well that they were supporting a joint bid.    In that article he says that Mr Bowden was also surprised to hear of seperate bids!!!   

Going by that does that mean there wasn't one joint bid but two competing bids from Allerdale and Copeland?   Seeing as you know what was happening, what exactly was going on at the time of Mr Morgan's article?
Quite right Keith, I believe the press informed Town that there was going to be separate bids and that was the first Town had heard of it. Up until then Town were fully behind the joint bid.

Offline harbouragrudge

• First Team Backup
Reply #155 on: 27 Apr 2012, 09:19:43 pm
Said for while lots on here were saying we don't want the new ground etc that 8 miles up the road they would jump at the chance.If this turns out to be true then no doubt those not wanting the ground will now be complaining about money being given up the road ,very shortsighted

Except of course that the two sided, 3,500 seater stadium could never have been suitable for SL, as has been established ages ago!

PS where has anyone who was 'anti' the stadium complained about money now maybe going to Town?

Surely there is no evidence whatsoever for those expressing doubts about the Pow Beck scheme being at fault for it not actually going ahead?
Freud said that the essence of the comic was the conservation of psychic energy. But then Freud never played Second House, Friday night at the Glasgow Empire - Ken Dodd

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #156 on: 27 Apr 2012, 10:14:56 pm
Said for while lots on here were saying we don't want the new ground etc that 8 miles up the road they would jump at the chance.If this turns out to be true then no doubt those not wanting the ground will now be complaining about money being given up the road ,very shortsighted

Except of course that the two sided, 3,500 seater stadium could never have been suitable for SL, as has been established ages ago!

PS where has anyone who was 'anti' the stadium complained about money now maybe going to Town?

Surely there is no evidence whatsoever for those expressing doubts about the Pow Beck scheme being at fault for it not actually going ahead?
Don't think anyone has been more anti stadium than myself, but the fact remains the money for a stadium is in the bank at EC and is earmarked for the purpose of what must be now A Stadium rather than THE stadium. Has anybody complained about money going up the road? The general doubts about the stadium have been rumbling on for well over a year but CBC would take no notice. I can't for the life of me see where they can get alternative access other than at the railway and that would take at least a year to even sort out the legalities let alone planning and building. I just feel that the main stumbling block is not the access but the "business plan" the contents of which they will not reveal so it must be bad and the access row is very conveinient and gives CBC to use a modern term "an exit stratergy."

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #157 on: 28 Apr 2012, 11:12:48 am
The times and stat is reporting that town are going to try and salvage the bid and try and get the games hosted at derwent park
wont happen  :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake:

Is that a "definitely" or "I hope it" in front of your post, Shaun?  :nod:
deffo wont happen keith
born and bred haven.

Offline African exile

• First Team Backup
Reply #158 on: 01 May 2012, 03:49:46 pm
Just reading the editorial column in RLexpress. When did the stadium become 8000 capacity? What have I missed Cran Cran?
If it's a girl they're naming her Sigourney after an actress, if it's a boy the 're naming him Rodney after Dave

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #159 on: 01 May 2012, 05:33:02 pm
Just reading the editorial column in RLexpress. When did the stadium become 8000 capacity? What have I missed Cran Cran?
Dear AE, just think it's rank bad reoprting and journalism, stadium hasn't been anything other than the 2,590 under cover since I think from memory late 2010.

Offline African exile

• First Team Backup
Reply #160 on: 01 May 2012, 07:28:55 pm
Cheers marra
If it's a girl they're naming her Sigourney after an actress, if it's a boy the 're naming him Rodney after Dave