HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

World Cup Games

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #30 on: 25 Apr 2012, 02:36:16 pm
bkm, how many years is it, 7, 8,  since I told you and others on here and in private messages of the difficulties involved in administering charity land and not to think that it was going to be easy either doing up the Rec or the new stadium?    If I knew that through dealing with some of the people that the council will have had to have spoken with, why did the expensive consultant not know this?

You obviously haven't read, or don't want to believe, what Brian Birkett said in the Whitehaven News but if a brick built storage building was promised originally for the Miner's how come it was reduced to a prefabricated garage?   That was one very small example he gave of what has been happening.   Do you not believe him?    Read what the man says that even when that article was published on 13th March 2012 they were still waiting for confirmation of what they were actually being asked to agree to.

The very pro- Haven press and media are obviously going to give a distorted view if they only get one side and keep repeating that it has broken down because of a lack of agreement with the Miner's.    Try reading up charity guidelines as laid down on the Charity Commission website and you might , although I doubt it, see how difficult it is for the Miner's Trustees.

keith you have been banging on for years about this and how they have to get the best deal for the miners welfare ,so tell me now they are getting nothing how did they do?
THE MULLET IS BACK

Online haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #31 on: 25 Apr 2012, 02:45:48 pm
The loss of the World Cup games is unfortunate but all in all I view this as very good news. More important than the games is the future of the stadium and Club itself. Removing the obstacle preventing progress can only be seen as a positive.
time for people to walk away and hang there heads in shame  :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake:
born and bred haven.

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #32 on: 25 Apr 2012, 02:47:29 pm
bkm, I have already done this in previous posts and you obviously have dismissed it but here goes again!!!    The charity trustees are charged by law to act only in the best interests of the charity, not any user group or any other body.

They were approached and offered a deal which they agreed to in principle but wanted details.    They say that since then what they were offered has been watered down and what they are being asked to agree to is no longer the best offer.   The original offer not a lower offer is the best they can do for their charity but it isn't the best they can do for the PSV who want them to take less.

They have no control over what the PSV decide so if they want to go another way that is up to them.    The charity still has the land and I'm sure that in time if the charity is no longer operating as laid down in it's objectives, then the land could be sold for the market value or more to the highest bidder but the proceeds would go to some other coal industry charity elsewhere.

Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline DJBRYAN

• Academy Star
Reply #33 on: 25 Apr 2012, 02:50:35 pm
The loss of the World Cup games is unfortunate but all in all I view this as very good news. More important than the games is the future of the stadium and Club itself. Removing the obstacle preventing progress can only be seen as a positive.
J.D the stadium has been a joke from the word go and todays announcement has not came as a shock to a lot of people. I agree with you that the future of the club is more important than a world cup game but with regards to the future of the stadium, I would just bin the whole idea and move on now before certain people end up with zero dignity left. 

Online haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #34 on: 25 Apr 2012, 02:52:50 pm
J.D the stadium has been a joke from the word go and todays announcement has not came as a shock to a lot of people. I agree with you that the future of the club is more important than a world cup game but with regards to the future of the stadium, I would just bin the whole idea and move on now before certain people end up with zero dignity left.
  :nod: :nod: :nod:
born and bred haven.

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #35 on: 25 Apr 2012, 02:53:45 pm
so keith what your saying is Mr birkett is telling the truth in the whitehaven news,but barry rich the engery coast the council nmp and the haven bias press are not telling the truth
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #36 on: 25 Apr 2012, 03:00:47 pm
so keith what your saying is Mr birkett is telling the truth in the whitehaven news,but barry rich the engery coast the council nmp and the haven bias press are not telling the truth

No I have not said that but they are all singing from the same hymn sheet and have the same vested interest.    Mr Birkett this last week said that there was nothing new in the 40 points they were seeking clarification about but yet it is being made to sound as if this is a new list of demands.   

I am not privy to what those 40 points were but going by his article in the Whitehaven News I can imagine he is re-iterating the original offer which the PSV can't afford in their ever increasing budget.   

Anyhow, that's my final word we'll just have to agree to disagree.
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline The wash

• Academy Signing
Reply #37 on: 25 Apr 2012, 03:07:35 pm

Offline realist_2010

• Academy Star
Reply #38 on: 25 Apr 2012, 03:09:54 pm
bkm...you can argue all day long about where the blame may lie, bottom line is that basic project management principles were not followed by who ever was responsible for project management, and that certainly was not the miners.

Would you build a house with your own money without being certain that you had AGREED, SIGNED AND SEALED pre build, that you had access to your front door ?. A yes or No will suffice.

Yes the miners may have played awkward, of that I don't know, but I do know the project management side has been appalling, I suspect the external consultants are now busilly referring to the clevely worded disclaimers in the contracts they had with whoever instructed them, that the council will spurt out the usual ''it wasnt our fault'' line ( aka Asda, Transport Interchange, new hotel on the harbour, I could go on) and finally once again Copeland is seen through the eyes of outsiders as a joke.

Maybe also the Whitehaven News will stop raising false hopes, be in new jobs, new hotels, new multi million pounds this, new that, new the other, with its eye catching headlines full of Mr Irvings small print maybe's, could be's and, possibilies etc, cos in reality few of them rarely come to fruition, still its sells papers. Whether its a new bus station, 2 new players from PNG,10,000 new jobs, a cruise terminal, a cable car ride to Kells, a 5 * holiday village in Lowca with mega screen cinema blah blahwe have had it all.....

I could go on.....

Offline the spy

• Academy Star
Reply #39 on: 25 Apr 2012, 03:10:24 pm
Any body with half a brain could see this comeing ,a public enquiry is long over due and an ordit of how all this money
on the stadium as been wasted

Offline The wash

• Academy Signing
Reply #40 on: 25 Apr 2012, 03:11:38 pm
bkm...you can argue all day long about where the blame may lie, bottom line is that basic project management principles were not followed by who ever was responsible for project management, and that certainly was not the miners.

Would you build a house with your own money without being certain that you had AGREED, SIGNED AND SEALED pre build, that you had access to your front door ?. A yes or No will suffice.

Yes the miners may have played awkward, of that I don't know, but I do know the project management side has been appalling, I suspect the external consultants are now busilly referring to the clevely worded disclaimers in the contracts they had with whoever instructed them, that the council will spurt out the usual ''it wasnt our fault'' line ( aka Asda, Transport Interchange, new hotel on the harbour, I could go on) and finally once again Copeland is seen through the eyes of outsiders as a joke.

Maybe also the Whitehaven News will stop raising false hopes, be in new jobs, new hotels, new multi million pounds this, new that, new the other, with its eye catching headlines full of Mr Irvings small print maybe's, could be's and, possibilies etc, cos in reality few of them rarely come to fruition, still its sells papers. Whether its a new bus station, 2 new players from PNG,10,000 new jobs, a cruise terminal, a cable car ride to Kells, a 5 * holiday village in Lowca with mega screen cinema blah blahwe have had it all.....

I could go on.....

Post of the day, no, the month, no the year.

Offline realist_2010

• Academy Star
Reply #41 on: 25 Apr 2012, 03:15:17 pm
well thankyou sir lol

If only I wasnt so angry grrrrrrr

Offline red white and blue

• Academy Star
Reply #42 on: 25 Apr 2012, 03:20:19 pm
well said jd raaz,the team comes first and to hell with the rest,
just look at all the other white elephants thats been built.
and was anyone really interested in attending these non event games,they would have pulled in a crowd much less for a haven town game.

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #43 on: 25 Apr 2012, 03:21:19 pm
An udit should follow and I presume it will, Ms.Woodburn should be standing up and make an accounting of her and her appointees to the last BOD, actions. It would be nice to see the "40" questions, also the business plan, detailed accounts of who was paid what for doing what, who should have seen to the lease arrangements in the first place. Please though don't put Mr.Walker [the man who recently said the stadium would be built THIS october] in charge his last report on the doings of the Council's directors action was lamentable and he is a highly paid individual. It will be interesting to see if ANYONE stands up and says they were partly to blame!

Offline The wash

• Academy Signing
Reply #44 on: 25 Apr 2012, 03:26:53 pm
This is from Jamie Reed's twitter page:

Pow Beck Stadium: losing the RL World Cup is an unacceptable embarrassment. The money is there, so why no delivery? More.
Everyone involved in this humiliating episode needs to take a long,hard look at themselves. Community wont stand for this. More.
Britain's Energy Coast is the best vehicle we have for delivering West Cumbria's ambitions. Local government - evidence shows - can't.

And this is from Karl Connor's

Awful news on Pow Beck. Time for a full scale public review. Openness and transparency key to regaining public trust