HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Can the RFL ..... Please

Boxer · 54 · 1550

Offline DJBRYAN

• Academy Star
Reply #30 on: 30 Apr 2012, 06:46:23 pm
were did you vote for, see choccy dos not want taxpayers to do up dp or even travel to carlisle , he's to thick to realize in few years time maybe haven or town, will try and get in super league , and it dos nt look good when we cant even get our act together to host two games in the world cup
Carlisle. as a say it doesnt mean owt itll be interesting to see which place comes out on top.

larlad

Reply #31 on: 30 Apr 2012, 06:53:01 pm
this was nt haven hosting two games it was cumbria, how the hell are we surposed to go forward if we cant even organise two low games in the world cup

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #32 on: 30 Apr 2012, 11:50:57 pm
were did you vote for, see choccy dos not want taxpayers to do up dp or even travel to carlisle , he's to thick to realize in few years time maybe haven or town, will try and get in super league , and it dos nt look good when we cant even get our act together to host two games in the world cup
Carlisle. as a say it doesnt mean owt itll be interesting to see which place comes out on top.
putting these games in carlisle will be a disaster,as i feel there would be hardly any interest in it.
« Last Edit: 01 May 2012, 04:30:33 am by chocbluegold »
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline wonky

• First Team Backup
Reply #33 on: 04 May 2012, 12:59:07 pm
It looks as though the games have a strong possibility of being held at derwent park according to today's paper. And before the negative moronic twins start chirping in... Please engage brain before putting you foot into your mouth again.

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #34 on: 04 May 2012, 01:11:07 pm
winky the games have gone out of the county and will not be played in workington believe all you like whats in the papers,the rfl wont play games in a run down ground like yours.
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Online spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #35 on: 04 May 2012, 01:25:03 pm
Have read the bit in the paper i think the RFL are just showing face saying they,ll look into towns application got no chance if you ask me , i mean rundown DP or an international class all seater stadium at gateshead not a hard choice is it

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #36 on: 04 May 2012, 01:38:22 pm
Have read the bit in the paper i think the RFL are just showing face saying they,ll look into towns application got no chance if you ask me , i mean rundown DP or an international class all seater stadium at gateshead not a hard choice is it
exactly right.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #37 on: 04 May 2012, 02:10:21 pm
run down stadium spacey have you seen those toilets quality  :D :D :D
born and bred haven.

Online spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #38 on: 04 May 2012, 02:22:05 pm
run down stadium spacey have you seen those toilets quality  :D :D :D

Dont get me wrong our grounds a dump DP is better than ours (but not by much) but gatesheads is a million times better than DP

Offline The Jackal

• Academy Star
Reply #39 on: 04 May 2012, 02:37:32 pm
The only thing is would Gateshead get anywhere near as good an attendance as they would in West Cumbria?
They maybe split the two games and keep one in Cumbria.

Offline Bigjimk77

• Academy Signing
Reply #40 on: 04 May 2012, 03:35:13 pm
As I have previously stated in another post it looks very much like our neighbours have been waiting to pounce for some time and not just for the games, some funding also.
They have, and always have been, the back up to the plan, EC and NMP dont give a rats about WRLFC they just want the publicity of riding in on their white horse and bailing out the WC bid
If you notice they have been bereft of blame in this whole scenario so in they come funding the renovation of DP to save the WC games another thing to note is that the money is there for a regeneration not naming any areas etc.
This back up plan has to have been in place for some time as I know for a FACT that Allerdale have already seen the plans and are ready to Ok this and Town have confirmed the funding in place.
The major contractor has already quoted and prices agreed for an immediate start should they get the nod from the RFL added to which our chairman is packing up and moving on, or deserting a sinking ship as some may say then it looks like we are the biggest mugs in Cumbria, these stories in the papers are just the co-conspirators making it look like it came out of the blue for PR reasons

Just before other people start saying things one of my close relatives is a PM in the major contractor and he has seen the docs first hand.

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #41 on: 04 May 2012, 03:51:08 pm
Dear Big Jim, what's a PM?

Offline HavenStoker

• Academy Star
Reply #42 on: 04 May 2012, 03:53:07 pm
If the above is true then the people involved should not be allowed to show their faces in Whitehaven again.

And as for Calvin.....,

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #43 on: 04 May 2012, 03:54:00 pm
:D :D :D come on cran cran :D :D :D
born and bred haven.

Offline Bigjimk77

• Academy Signing
Reply #44 on: 04 May 2012, 03:59:13 pm

Project manager