HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

MARK CALDERWOOD

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #60 on: 11 May 2012, 05:19:30 pm
wanna bet!! lets see how well you dont cut barrow up on sunday? theres one for you to run back to your mates with. :P

I've kept out of the childish comments til now choccy but did you see the headline last week in the local rag written by your own reporter?   I think it read something like, "Haven want their missing fans to come along and see their big money signings".    Once again you're worrying unnecessarily about Town's finances, and you needn't as we are doing fine.   ;D ;D
keith i aint worried one iota about towns finances,i know for a fact our lads aint on big money i also know how much your lads are on!!as they say let the good times roll or not as may be the case.keep up the spending,famous last words "were doing fine" ::)
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline splodge99

• Academy Star
Reply #61 on: 11 May 2012, 10:34:44 pm
Hope he does well for them... he has become very injury prone and has had a lot of problems with hamstrings... its a gamble but probably no more so than our gamble on rooney.

However; anybody who tries to say town aren't taking a financial gamble is delusional. lupton; Jamie Thackeray; calderwood; mattinson; crowds of 400+?

Offline HavenStoker

• Academy Star
Reply #62 on: 11 May 2012, 10:44:13 pm
wanna bet!! lets see how well you dont cut barrow up on sunday? theres one for you to run back to your mates with. :P

I've kept out of the childish comments til now choccy but did you see the headline last week in the local rag written by your own reporter?   I think it read something like, "Haven want their missing fans to come along and see their big money signings".    Once again you're worrying unnecessarily about Town's finances, and you needn't as we are doing fine.   ;D ;D

Showing your true colours their Keith eh! Are NES giving Calderwood a 'job'?

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #63 on: 11 May 2012, 11:18:24 pm
Hope he does well for them... he has become very injury prone and has had a lot of problems with hamstrings... its a gamble but probably no more so than our gamble on rooney.

However; anybody who tries to say town aren't taking a financial gamble is delusional. lupton; Jamie Thackeray; calderwood; mattinson; crowds of 400+?
But they are not doing it on crowds of 400. They get 30k plus from speedway in rent, bar takings from speedways 900 odd crowds and if what I am told is true town also get a small percentage of the gate money oh and their sponsorship deal with NES. So it is not just on 400 odd crowds.
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #64 on: 11 May 2012, 11:21:27 pm
Showing your true colours their Keith eh! Are NES giving Calderwood a 'job'?

Haven Stoker there are many digs at Town and their finances on this forum, especially from choccy, who used to have it in his signature.   Mind he has been wrong every time but never mind!!!!   If you object to what I said then I was only quoting a News and Star headline - http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/haven/whitehaven-call-for-fans-to-return-to-see-big-money-recruits-1.950297?referrerPath=sport/haven - at that link.     Are NES giving Claderwood a job?   I would say "No" why would they as there is no need.   He is signed to the end of the season which doesn't mean he is on big money.   True colours?   Well I've never hidden the fact that I am a Town supporter and have never hidden behind a false name.
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #65 on: 11 May 2012, 11:34:15 pm
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline wigan106

• Academy Star
Reply #66 on: 12 May 2012, 09:15:46 am

keith i aint worried one iota about towns finances,i know for a fact our lads aint on big money i also know how much your lads are on!!as they say let the good times roll or not as may be the case.keep up the spending,famous last words "were doing fine" ::)
Calderwood is on match payments only so if he don't play he doesn't get paid and he is travelling with Thacks so there will be no additional travelling costs, so it's quite a low risk strategy I would say.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #67 on: 12 May 2012, 10:42:18 am
Well done its good ambition from them