HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

town and barrow fans

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
on: 14 May 2012, 02:00:14 pm
looking round the forums seems there s a bit of a love in going on between them and both have fans posting on the oldham board asking them to hammer haven,wonky thinks town barrow and donny will pull away while morty thinks town and barrow are the best 2 teams in the league,i could understand all this if they were 8/10 points a head,but donny are 6 points ahead but played a game more,barrow 4 points an town only ahed because of bonus points.We have town fans saying they have played their best rugby for years yet like us have still only beaten 1 team in the top 6 and like us most of their wins have come against teams in the bottom half of the table.
Our form to start  with was poor but we seem to have steadily improved and now we seem to be playing a fairly settled team week in week out we are seeing better defence and a more organised attack.
Not knocking town or barrow they are where they are but making some big calls, im pleased we have now been away to both welsh teams and gateshead  and got 9 points from it as all 3 teams at some point will take a scalp of a top 6 team at home or even away like the cru did at oldham
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline Barramarra

• First Team Regular
Reply #1 on: 14 May 2012, 06:45:20 pm
We've got tough away fixtures to come yet. Not sure what you've read is indicative of our support.
the only way is up.

Offline Penno

• Academy Signing
Reply #2 on: 14 May 2012, 07:09:15 pm
From another Barrow fan, I want to see all three Cumbrian sides go up.

I for one wish you the best of luck at Oldham, if a gap is going to develop in this league let it be between the three Cumbrian sides and the rest of the pack.
« Last Edit: 14 May 2012, 07:18:44 pm by Penno »

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #3 on: 14 May 2012, 07:32:00 pm

I for one wish you the best of luck at Oldham, if a gap is going to develop in this league let it be between the three Cumbrian sides and the rest of the pack.

Totally agree , a league with all 3 Cumbrian teams will mean we may get 3 decent crowds. Some of the crowds across both divisions this year have been shocking.

HW

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #4 on: 14 May 2012, 07:34:22 pm
Good post Penno.

Offline DJBRYAN

• Academy Star
Reply #5 on: 14 May 2012, 07:37:23 pm

Well said Penno marra. I wouldnt wish this league on any team next season a say. Unfortunatly only 4 can get oot as we know so lets hope all 3 of us ga up. You know what its like though, there are some bitter arse bleeds aboot a say.  :nod: :nod:

Offline Bigjimk77

• Academy Signing
Reply #6 on: 15 May 2012, 07:26:00 am
looking round the forums seems there s a bit of a love in going on between them and both have fans posting on the oldham board asking them to hammer haven,wonky thinks town barrow and donny will pull away while morty thinks town and barrow are the best 2 teams in the league,i could understand all this if they were 8/10 points a head,but donny are 6 points ahead but played a game more,barrow 4 points an town only ahed because of bonus points.We have town fans saying they have played their best rugby for years yet like us have still only beaten 1 team in the top 6 and like us most of their wins have come against teams in the bottom half of the table.
Our form to start  with was poor but we seem to have steadily improved and now we seem to be playing a fairly settled team week in week out we are seeing better defence and a more organised attack.
Not knocking town or barrow they are where they are but making some big calls, im pleased we have now been away to both welsh teams and gateshead  and got 9 points from it as all 3 teams at some point will take a scalp of a top 6 team at home or even away like the cru did at oldham
Good god Alan have you heard  yourself mammy them naughty boys have been saying bad things about us, and not just on this board man up and grow a pair

Offline recre

• First Team Backup
Reply #7 on: 15 May 2012, 10:58:51 am
Good god Alan have you heard  yourself mammy them naughty boys have been saying bad things about us, and not just on this board man up and grow a pair

Im with Alan on this one. Why do some people come on this board and paint a rosy picture then go on a different board and say something completly different. Its as if they think other people havent got the intelligence to go and read other message boards. It also appears to me that as they feel they have to tow the line as regards which boards they are currently on maybe you should direct the comment about growing a pair to them. Alan always sticks to what he thinks regardless of which board he's on. The fact that most people know his name & who he is also shows he's prepared to stand by whatever he posts.

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #8 on: 15 May 2012, 11:19:19 am
Never mind we'll soon have choccy back to balance things up.   ;D ;D

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #9 on: 15 May 2012, 12:18:13 pm
nice to i have caused a bit of a debate ;) not complaining that they are posting as life would be dull if they didn't,more trying to highlight they are making some big statements given the small difference between us in the league at the moment.Town fans saying they have played some of the best rugby for years yet they only lead us by 2 bonus points and given that we have yet to play to our full potential then i don't think  would would shouting the odds just yet
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline Penno

• Academy Signing
Reply #10 on: 15 May 2012, 12:46:31 pm

Im with Alan on this one. Why do some people come on this board and paint a rosy picture then go on a different board and say something completly different. Its as if they think other people havent got the intelligence to go and read other message boards. It also appears to me that as they feel they have to tow the line as regards which boards they are currently on maybe you should direct the comment about growing a pair to them. Alan always sticks to what he thinks regardless of which board he's on. The fact that most people know his name & who he is also shows he's prepared to stand by whatever he posts.
[/quote]

I made a similar post on the Workington forum about about wanting to see all three Cumbrian sides promoted to improve the gates over the long term for all three clubs.
Disapointingly it killed the thread  ???
See you all on the 27th, hopefully all three clubs will have 3 more points each by then.

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #11 on: 15 May 2012, 01:30:39 pm
Never mind we'll soon have choccy back to balance things up.   ;D ;D

How long for though?

HW

Offline The Jackal

• Academy Star
Reply #12 on: 15 May 2012, 06:08:06 pm
nice to i have caused a bit of a debate ;) not complaining that they are posting as life would be dull if they didn't,more trying to highlight they are making some big statements given the small difference between us in the league at the moment.Town fans saying they have played some of the best rugby for years yet they only lead us by 2 bonus points and given that we have yet to play to our full potential then i don't think  would would shouting the odds just yet

Town are playing their best rugby for a good number of years as they have been stuck in this god forsaken league for well over a decade with a very poor team for many of them!!
I suppose you can't blame them as  last season and this is the first time they've had anything to crow about.
The season still has a fair way to go yet and despite having a decent squad if we or they get a few injuries it could make a big difference in the table.
If they fail to beat Doncaster in Sunday they won't look like the dead certs they did 2 weeks ago, plus if we beat a few of those around us then we may be looking down on them come the next derby day.

Offline kingkenny

• Academy Star
Reply #13 on: 15 May 2012, 08:16:50 pm

Offline town4me

• First Team Regular
Reply #14 on: 15 May 2012, 08:35:34 pm
It is in the interests of cumbrian RL for all 3 cumbrian clubs to finish in the top four this season. However I dont think all 3 will with donny,rochdale and oldham also in the hunt. Thats just my opinion.