HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

town and barrow fans

Offline DJBRYAN

• Academy Star
Reply #15 on: 15 May 2012, 08:50:42 pm
It is in the interests of cumbrian RL for all 3 cumbrian clubs to finish in the top four this season. However I dont think all 3 will with donny,rochdale and oldham also in the hunt. Thats just my opinion.
So who dya think will miss oot then. As if we didnt know

Offline town4me

• First Team Regular
Reply #16 on: 15 May 2012, 09:38:19 pm
DJBRYAN, I think the top 4 will be donny,town,barrow and oldham in any order. Its not a dig at haven Its just my opinion.

Offline DJBRYAN

• Academy Star
Reply #17 on: 15 May 2012, 09:43:05 pm
Well am shocked a say I didnt think yee would leave us oot. I like many others hope yee are as correct as yee have been wid them silly match predictions lately but only time will tell eh.

Offline town4me

• First Team Regular
Reply #18 on: 15 May 2012, 09:56:10 pm
Dont think my match predictons have been silly. Infact not far off. Got a similar thread on our site and one town fan got haven in the top four instead of oldham. I dont think you have the pack for the top 4 but again thats just IMO

Offline Penno

• Academy Signing
Reply #19 on: 16 May 2012, 08:19:33 am
Barrow, Doncaster, Whitehaven and Workington (alphabetical order before anyone questions the order of my list) will go up in my opinion.

If you check the Oldham forum it seems that a few of them believe if they lose on Sunday it will be season over for them and they currently have a stack of injuries.

If you guys win on Sunday it will put you on 18 points and either 3rd or 4th in the league depending on the Workington result. This will leave a gap between the top 4 and the rest.

What we all need to hope for is being part of a break away top 4 and then we can worry about who is best.

Neither Oldhams gates or ground are up to Championship rugby, yes the ground can be changed but with around 300 Barrow fans attending the 4th round CC and the gate only being just above 700 their fan base hardly supports C1 rugby never mind Championship.

Sorry Oldham if you are reading this, nothing personal but we need travelling fans and local derby's next year in the Championship.

Come on Haven win it on Sunday, you can then relax the Sunday after  ;D
« Last Edit: 17 May 2012, 01:24:58 pm by Penno »

Offline Soss (formerly known as gonch)

• Academy Star
Reply #20 on: 16 May 2012, 10:18:22 am
Oldhams ground is easily the worst in the league, there are many better amateur set ups.
The pitch is a disgrace as are the changing rooms.

Offline wonky

• First Team Backup
Reply #21 on: 16 May 2012, 12:16:02 pm
Top 4 will be the cumbrians and donny. Rochdale and Oldham are dropping too many points against the lesser sides and there inconsistency is going to cost them.

Offline town4me

• First Team Regular
Reply #22 on: 16 May 2012, 02:42:14 pm
I was impressed with oldham at DP and thought they would be the team to beat. However sounds like they have stacks of injuries which explains their form. I wouldnt write them off though especially if they can get players fit.

Offline Bkenz92

• First Team Regular
  • Haven Til I Die
Reply #23 on: 16 May 2012, 03:27:57 pm
I was impressed with oldham at DP and thought they would be the team to beat. However sounds like they have stacks of injuries which explains their form. I wouldnt write them off though especially if they can get players fit.

Oldham have been a good side, but like last year they've got a lot of injuries and maybe the Saints game was a game too far for them, I can imagine it taking a lot of energy out of a team

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #24 on: 16 May 2012, 03:39:24 pm
DJBRYAN, I think the top 4 will be donny,town,barrow and oldham in any order. Its not a dig at haven Its just my opinion.

Would you like a charity bet on that, oldham will not finish above haven that is a fact.

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #25 on: 16 May 2012, 04:04:30 pm

Would you like a charity bet on that, oldham will not finish above haven that is a fact.

its not a fact, its an opinion, one which i hope is proven correct.
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #26 on: 18 May 2012, 04:50:01 pm

its not a fact, its an opinion, one which i hope is proven correct.

Money where mouth is springs to mind

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #27 on: 09 Jun 2012, 01:01:36 pm
Sad town fans paper boy and wonky again on the barrow forum now our game has been made a tv game asking them to hammer us on tv you have to laugh
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline haven13

• Academy Signing
Reply #28 on: 09 Jun 2012, 01:53:35 pm
Pathetic

Offline Penno

• Academy Signing
Reply #29 on: 09 Jun 2012, 03:31:10 pm
Barrow will only be getting a 4 day rest after the Doncaster game due to this switch, it will probably have some impact on the scoreline and attendance. From my point of view I just hope it doesn't cost us the 3 points  >:( >:( >:(