HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

turnstiles

Offline crazyhaven

• Academy Signing
on: 01 Apr 2007, 05:11:29 pm
the people on the gates did not have any change this happens every week . this is apauling something needs done about this. also i followed a group of fans to the gates (growing men) they were let in through a kids turnstile. as i went to go through thinking it was an adults turnstile i was told it  was a kids turnstile and had to go and pay in another turnstile. this is not on why should we have to pay the full price and these fans are getting in the ground for a cheaper price. im not bothered that i did not get in for a cheaper price but im bothered that the fact is the club is losing money the club needs and the fans are getting in cheaper and getting let away with this.

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 01 Apr 2007, 07:13:07 pm
You aint got the funny hand shake mate lol :D :D :D

Offline Jaypeet

• Academy Star
Reply #2 on: 01 Apr 2007, 08:00:30 pm
Think one of the turnstiles must have been fautly today - 2100 crowd????????????
God this is a long tunnel...........and its getting longer by the minute!

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #3 on: 01 Apr 2007, 08:01:59 pm
i agree ther was more like 3000

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #4 on: 01 Apr 2007, 08:05:44 pm
there was defo 3,000 there today which is a great gate for a cup game keep it going marras

there offside ref

Reply #5 on: 01 Apr 2007, 08:29:57 pm
defo more than 2,100. kells end and popular side were packed. more like 3,100. there were still people cueing after the game kicked off

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #6 on: 01 Apr 2007, 09:45:13 pm
its good sighs hope we can keep it up for the season

Offline kells/haven

• Academy Star
Reply #7 on: 01 Apr 2007, 09:46:17 pm
the people on the gates did not have any change this happens every week . this is apauling something needs done about this. also i followed a group of fans to the gates (growing men) they were let in through a kids turnstile. as i went to go through thinking it was an adults turnstile i was told it  was a kids turnstile and had to go and pay in another turnstile. this is not on why should we have to pay the full price and these fans are getting in the ground for a cheaper price. im not bothered that i did not get in for a cheaper price but im bothered that the fact is the club is losing money the club needs and the fans are getting in cheaper and getting let away with this.
im really good friends with the lasses on the gate and your right they never do have enough change but its not the lasses fault they only get so much float and when they ask for change in the office there told to go and ask in the bar or at the burger van. One of them had no change what so ever today and had to go leave the gate to run round and ask people for change and she still got grief off a handfull of fans

Offline havenette

• Academy Star
Reply #8 on: 01 Apr 2007, 10:00:05 pm
well said i had no change but had to go round looking for some

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #9 on: 02 Apr 2007, 02:37:12 am
I try and have the right money for the gate each week helps all round.

Offline cano

• Academy Star
  • Haven in the Maldives
Reply #10 on: 02 Apr 2007, 10:56:18 am
At the back end of last season all HAVEN supporters were urged to travel down to Halifax to boost their attendance and swell the coffers of a club which was in financial difficulties, to the credit of this club we did that, why then have we taken it back with the other hand, i refer to the alleged attendance yesterday. There was more than 2100 standing with me on the popular side,come on Whitehaven lets be honest were getting it right on the field, lets do the same off it.

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #11 on: 02 Apr 2007, 12:44:41 pm
Nothing alleged about it mate.  The Halifax people where in the office and the turnstiles are computerised. The attendance was correct however many you think was there.

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #12 on: 02 Apr 2007, 12:48:58 pm
The turnstile lads and lasses are given a float that includes change.  If they run out we get some more we only have so much at hand.  The bar usually has some we can use if needed. As for the grown ups that used the kids turnstile i will have to see what the operator says.  If that is the case then it will be sorted.

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #13 on: 02 Apr 2007, 06:40:59 pm
Like i said in another post alot came threw the car gates they cant be counted .

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #14 on: 02 Apr 2007, 06:59:43 pm
Like i said in another post alot came threw the car gates they cant be counted .

People that are in the sponsors lounge and we know how many are in.