HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Haven v Fax

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
on: 01 Apr 2007, 05:37:14 pm
Fantastic  win.  Fax  are  a  pretty  good  side  with  some  big  forwards  but  we  matched  them  today.

Not  much  in  it  1st  half  but  we  deserved  going  in  at  half  time  ahead.  1st  10  mins  of  the  2nd  I was  getting  very  worried.  They  had  3/4  great scoring  chances  and  if  Maden  hadn't  tracked  back  to  make  that  try saving  tackle  god  knows  what  might  have  happenned.

After  that  it  was  all  Haven.  Rudd,  McCavoy  and  Sice  tries  put  the  game  beyond  doubt.  Rudd  kicked  some  difficult  kicks  and  deserved  his  MOTM.  Fletcher  again  was  awesome  as  was  Smith.  It  was  even  better  when  you  consider  Duffy,  Jacko  and  Rob  Jackson  were  missing  and  Sicey  was  playing  his  2nd  game  in  2  days.

UP  THE  HAVEN

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #1 on: 01 Apr 2007, 05:45:02 pm
bamber was playing his second game aswel he was good today not  duffys class but cant knock the lad

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #2 on: 01 Apr 2007, 05:45:35 pm
bamba is better than duffy

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #3 on: 01 Apr 2007, 05:49:41 pm
bamba is better than duffy

Bamber  is  defo  1  for  the  future  but  is  not  quite  in  Duffy's  class. 

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #4 on: 01 Apr 2007, 06:34:08 pm
bamber was playing his 4 th game in 10 days and was my MOM...his pass to fletch was brilliant...tackled well and run at the line before passing

great performance
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #5 on: 01 Apr 2007, 06:37:12 pm
all were awsome

Offline fluffy

• First Team Backup
  • Haven in the pink :P ^^
Reply #6 on: 01 Apr 2007, 06:39:03 pm
bainbridge is good but not as good as duffy
We've got this place rocking now girls !!! ;)

Offline Jaypeet

• Academy Star
Reply #7 on: 01 Apr 2007, 07:23:15 pm
I think the key to our win today was discipline, when Fax tried on a number of occasions to give it to us, our guys just knuckled down and played the game, excellent all round.  Mind you Fax have the makings of a good team IF they play the game and not try to play the ref. instead!
God this is a long tunnel...........and its getting longer by the minute!

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #8 on: 01 Apr 2007, 08:17:29 pm
I think the key to our win today was discipline, when Fax tried on a number of occasions to give it to us, our guys just knuckled down and played the game, excellent all round.  Mind you Fax have the makings of a good team IF they play the game and not try to play the ref. instead!

Their  N.17  got  through  alot  of  work.  Him  and  Fletch  would  make  a  great  2nd  row  pairing

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #9 on: 01 Apr 2007, 08:20:06 pm
was that not frank watene he played for cas wid fletch now gotta say flapper had a poor game today never ran hard disopointed like 

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
Reply #10 on: 01 Apr 2007, 09:23:43 pm
Lots of positives today which is marvellous.  From 1-17 today the whole team were excellent.   Defence, as always was awesome.  Couple of players really stood out today for me - Derry really stepped up to the plate today and his defence was second to none, up there, in and at them.  Young Bainbridge again had a stormer considering the lad has played what, 3 full games in 10 days, he will be a really good prospect not too far in the future.

Like McAvoy in the centres, but a couple of times today he could have passed the ball the Calvert but didn't - I think a better link between them needs to be established, although not a criticism, just an observation.  Thought both wingers were quietish today although well played both of them.

Fletcher, well what needs said?  In all honesty, nothing, give me The Fletch over Leafa and Wilkes anyday.  What a find!

Gary B, the day he loses a ball is the day we are really in trouble.  Mr Dependable.  Carl Rudd stepped it up a notch today and was popping up everywhere - great kicking game today by him.

We seem to have developed a little trend of not kicking for territorial advantage following penalties?  The couple of times Bamber did kick today for touch he made excellent yardage.

Reading what the Halifax fans were saying on their board during the run up to this match they seemed very confident of turning us over at Fortress Recre today, seemed a whole load of hot air!  Fax - brought it to us for the first 50 mins then seemed to go backwards, and intent on making mischief than making valuable yards and points, all credit to our lads for toughing out their game spoiling tactics and not reacting.

Mr Laughton was making a point of off-sides today and Fax suffered because of this, despite repeated penalties, time after time they were pinned for off-side.  Their discipline leaves a lot to be desired and they seem to be trying to take over Doncaster's reputation as head hunters.

So, on to Rochdale on Friday, who incidentally struggled against Celtic Crusaders. 

The future is bright - the future is Haven!

Onwards.......
๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’› Whitehaven RLFC ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’›

Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
Reply #11 on: 02 Apr 2007, 11:17:28 am
when we created an overlap at the railway end from under our posts it was not calvert that was outside macca it was spencer miller. im not saying he shouldnt have passed it but ithink he knew who was outside him and had it been calvert then he would have given him early ball.
NO PAIN NO GAIN