HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Challenge Cup 5th Round Draw In Full

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #30 on: 03 Apr 2007, 10:01:40 pm
Would'nt be a surprise if they did. Pia did last year but that was because there was 2 teams comming over to play and it saved money. Would'nt mind a Sat afternoon game for a change.

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #31 on: 03 Apr 2007, 10:08:14 pm
well surprise surprise

no lower league clubs drawn against each other!!!!!!

only bit i got wrong was i reckoned only one NL club would be drawn at home, but they managed to make it look honest by allowing 2 of us to get a home draw!!!

you couldn't make up the way the challenge cup draws go

and as for the rfl with their " challenge cup draw will be live on regional bbc programmes<tv or radio? nobody knew> sometime between 1830 and 1900"!!!
only the rfl could NOT know when THEIR cup draw was going to be made!!
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline gushaven

• First Team Regular
    • Kells A.R.L.F.C.
Reply #32 on: 03 Apr 2007, 10:11:31 pm
It was on live T.V. BBC Yorkshire Look North at 6.45pm.
Success is like a fart.
It only bothers people when it is not their own!

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #33 on: 03 Apr 2007, 10:38:41 pm
i know, but according to both teletext and rl express it was on regional programmes, but didnt state regional tv or radio and didnt specify a time, the best they could offer was between 1830 and 1900!!!!

the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense

Offline womble

• Academy Star
  • Shabba!
Reply #34 on: 03 Apr 2007, 11:05:38 pm
 Does no one else think that this would have been a fantastic away draw ? Could have been our first sortie into Europe !!! Imagine the bad head after all that wine !!!!
No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don`t care !

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #35 on: 03 Apr 2007, 11:08:05 pm
For  me  this  is  a  winable  game  but  only  if  we  get  a  full  Recre.

We  all  know  its  a  tight  nit  ground  with  high banking  stands  close  to  the  pitch.  With  just  2000  there  its  a  decent  atmoshere  but  what  we  need  is  5000+.  They  won't  fetch  many  fans  if  any  and  a  partisan  fanbase  could  very  well  see  us  through  to  the  next  round  and  another  good  payday.

To  get  a  full  Recre  here's  hoping  the  BOD  let  kids  get  in  for  free.  If  they  have  any  sense  they'll  go  around  all  the  schools  and  entice  the  kids  in,  who  may  in   turn  bring  a  parent  or  two  to  the  match.

Not  only  will  it  generate  more  atmoshere  but  just  maybe  win  over  a  few  new  fans.

Lets  hope  the  BOD  take  notice..............personally  I  cant  see  it  though............

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #36 on: 03 Apr 2007, 11:18:11 pm
will the game be on bbc or is that goingto be the al sl games as im sure this would make a cracker but it may drop the gate attendace like

Monte2carlo

Reply #37 on: 03 Apr 2007, 11:24:49 pm
Erm,

I think we will struggle against the Dragons didn't they turn over the bulls at Osdal ?

Although the way how wew are playing at the moment i'm willing to be proved wrong

Monte

FREE THE DERWENT ONE

popularsider

Reply #38 on: 04 Apr 2007, 01:17:05 am
catalans will be a test of are sl credentials aslong as we put up a great fight against them!

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #39 on: 04 Apr 2007, 01:24:48 am
we need to show the rl that haven have what it takes to get and be in sl and not these french lotits a must win game for haven and one i think we can and will win to be honest just looking foraward to the day which is a big one too us and whitehaven rlfc

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #40 on: 04 Apr 2007, 08:20:34 am
anybody fluient in french

These are some of the comments from the Catalans message board: Honest

ouaisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss whore what that they have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They have strong chances of carrying off the following turn meme so there cup has this stadium there are babies pa equip! 1 division underneath!
Go Dragons!!

Oufff they are lucky

On top of that 3 wholesale trades will be eliminated in the next turn

"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA

Offline womble

• Academy Star
  • Shabba!
Reply #41 on: 04 Apr 2007, 11:09:37 am
 Couldn`t agree more, them French boys know what they are talking about (if no one else does).
 Difficult to tell if what they mean is lost in translation OR if they are just thick !!!!!!!!

Offline womble

• Academy Star
  • Shabba!
Reply #42 on: 04 Apr 2007, 11:13:16 am
 AND, how sorry do you feel for those 3 wholesale trades ? I mean, being eliminated in one turn, they won`t stand a chance !!!

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #43 on: 05 Apr 2007, 07:16:18 am
just had a idea why not kit champ out in black n white striped top beret with string of onions round his neck . then in week leading up to match he could ride round town on a push bike :o

you missed out on the chance of a MAJOR insult towards champ there monte!! not like you, you must be slipping in your old age!!!

the only problem with your idea grandstand, is now we dont have a Mark Taylor's in town, where could we get a bike strong enough to hold LE CHAMP? ;D :D ;D

and lets be honest, if he were to ride a bike in the week leading up to the match, he would miss the game through exhaustion!!!! ;D ;D ;D
the reverand, big mac

specialbrew92

Reply #44 on: 05 Apr 2007, 10:56:19 am
Champ on a bike dressed as a french man, no thats wrong.

I mean is he not insulted enough with being born in Wukinton

Monte