HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Cumbria Nines

Offline JAYFORHAVEN

• Academy Star
Reply #30 on: 30 May 2012, 09:45:14 am
I was born in Cumberland & westmorland but i have always been a cumbrian and this is where the name of cumbria came from but if you where born in cumberland & westmorland that is what it says on your birth certificate.They can change a boundary but they can not change where you where born.

Offline Penno

• Academy Signing
Reply #31 on: 30 May 2012, 10:11:50 am
I was born in Cumberland & westmorland but i have always been a cumbrian and this is where the name of cumbria came from but if you where born in cumberland & westmorland that is what it says on your birth certificate.They can change a boundary but they can not change where you where born.

Correct and I always state Barrow in Furness Lancashire when I am asked my place of birth, but Barrow in Furness Cumbria when asked where I live now.

The orginal post which I replied to stating that anyone born south of Millom shouldn't be in a Cumbria team is pure nonsense, as I doubt that any of the current 9s team will have been born in Cumberland as this county hasn't existed since 1974.

Offline Micky D

• Academy Signing
Reply #32 on: 31 May 2012, 10:59:45 pm

As for Barrow being part of Cumbria - can someone explain what the Town has contributed to the rest of Cumberland's rich history and the cultural similarities between Barrow and the rest of Cumbria.

What a stupid and narrow minded statement.....no wonder Haven fans are called deluded....you should be ashamed of yourself
I've never laughed as much since Neil Turley's drop goal at Haltom stadium
Come on Haven lets go on Tv and prove we're the worst team in Cumbria