HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Leaving

Offline DannyB

• Academy Signing
Reply #120 on: 30 May 2012, 10:01:30 pm
J.D Raaz

i fully understand where you are coming from and fully understand the roles and responsibilities of every player, i fully understand the views of the fans aswell and i respect that the fans do work hard to earn money and it takes a lot to hand your money over to watch these guys play week in week out. but on the other hand look at it from a players point of view they also work a fulltime job but also work after hours going to training instead of spending time with their families i.e kids and girlfriend and wives. so i think a little personal joke between two friends or more, that happen to be on same team has been blown out of context, can they not have a joke on a social networking site with out someone i.e a fan taking more out of it then whats in it to start with? or is it because they are a professional rugby league players,  they arent allowed to have a joke between each other with having to think about what people may think and how they might judge the situation? is that fair?

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #121 on: 30 May 2012, 10:05:39 pm
Bull, they don't do it for nothing and it was obviously not a private joke as they knew many haven fans were going to see it.  Surely they could wind people up in another way.

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #122 on: 30 May 2012, 10:06:30 pm
if theyv said to each other lets watch these loons on the fans site and done it 10 outa 10
itl meby teach a few dont always beleave what u read :D

Offline DannyB

• Academy Signing
Reply #123 on: 30 May 2012, 10:14:47 pm
at the end of the day nobody should have to watch what they write to their friends weather it be a joke or not, why should they not have a joke? a little banter between each other? or would you rather see on the there social networking pages that they hated each other and couldnt stand to be in the same room as each other. i know which id rather see! lighten up

Offline kingkenny

• Academy Star
Reply #124 on: 30 May 2012, 10:17:57 pm
As if the Haven fans hadn't enough to endure this season, even the players are extracting the urine now!

Offline IceMan

• Academy Star
Reply #125 on: 30 May 2012, 10:18:34 pm
and to think them jambos were saying our players would never be sl class how many of towns have been tapped up this season then?
Are you looking for another ban ? why do you need to turn this into Town V Haven AGAIN ?????

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #126 on: 30 May 2012, 10:21:44 pm
at the end of the day nobody should have to watch what they write to their friends weather it be a joke or not, why should they not have a joke? a little banter between each other? or would you rather see on the there social networking pages that they hated each other and couldnt stand to be in the same room as each other. i know which id rather see! lighten up

Well we will see what Don and the BOD make of it.  Agree totally they can take the p***, but could do it in cleverer and more funny ways.

Offline DannyB

• Academy Signing
Reply #127 on: 30 May 2012, 10:24:21 pm
what do you think Don and th BOD will actually then? ban them off facebook and twitter? stop them playing because they've had a little joke between each other? what would you like to see them do then as a fair punishment?

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #128 on: 30 May 2012, 10:29:37 pm
what do you think Don and th BOD will actually then? ban them off facebook and twitter? stop them playing because they've had a little joke between each other? what would you like to see them do then as a fair punishment?

From what a player has said, somebody at the club is not happy at all, i would assume that is Don, especially after friday's training and the defeat against barrow.  Only one person had indicated of the "transfers" and that was Sammy.  I love the Banter between the travellers and the Townies and would not advocate for one minute they should be banned.  The team spirit they show is great to see as you said previously and should not be taken away but i think on this Sammy over stepped the mark between banter and a very foolish prank. 

Offline J.D. Raaz

• First Team Backup
Reply #129 on: 30 May 2012, 10:37:23 pm
Bull...you ask a fair question and I'm going to try to answer it fairly though you may disagree with my conclusion.

At the beginning of my tenure at the Club I heard players referred to in general terms that were not flattering and to be perfectly honest, in words that I found offensive. I never brought into the "players as cattle" meme and my experience was that if you treated these young gentlemen with respect and honesty they returned it threefold. There are players that even now, with my being across the pond, if I called and asked them to do something special for a fan would say "Yes" before I had an opportunity to finish the request. As a whole they are a truly wonderful group of young men who will give you the shirt off their backs if they know it is appreciated.

I understand that there are times they wish to blow steam off, that they are young men with the emphasis on "young". I still have faint memories of being young myself and remember the simple joy of being a little reckless at times.

That being said at the moment these young men make the decision to wear that Chocolate, Blue and Gold shirt onto the pitch they become something different than just another young person to a community of fans and supporters. Their words start taking on importance to individuals who come through that gate and certainly any words, spoken, typed or tweeted, about the Club itself are going to be given much greater weight and importance. It just is what it is.

Hopefully any individual that may have messaged something that may have been worrisome and/or distressing to fans will pause and think about the situation and perhaps realize just how much faith fans have in their postings and take a simple action to remedy the situation.

All of the above of course is only if the postings were not accurate...and let's hope that any future misleading post about team movements involves United. :)

Offline DannyB

• Academy Signing
Reply #130 on: 30 May 2012, 10:38:54 pm
well thats for Don and the BOD to decide, be how i see it, its pretty dam funny banter, and quite funny how alot of you guys worry about one player, shows how much you think about him and his worth to the team

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #131 on: 30 May 2012, 10:41:41 pm
so your not even a haven fan Bull? so your opinion is worthless.

Offline DannyB

• Academy Signing
Reply #132 on: 30 May 2012, 10:51:03 pm
J.D Raaz i fully agree with you on everything you say i really do, yes it my have caused worry to some fans but dont you think if such a situation was to arise and a player was to leave dont you think the club would let the public fans know. i personally dont take much notice of what is wrote on social networking sites or forums till proven it is fact by a club officall or player himself. so really a fans worry is there own problem and shouldnt jump to conclusions and in my opinion the player is not at fault for having abit of team ' banter ' (which keeps a good team going and strong may i add). if anything id encourage more team banter which makes good team morale. but like ive said its just my opinion

Offline DannyB

• Academy Signing
Reply #133 on: 30 May 2012, 10:52:31 pm
how do you work out im not a haven fan? please explain

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #134 on: 31 May 2012, 01:23:44 am
J.D Raaz i fully agree with you on everything you say i really do, yes it my have caused worry to some fans but dont you think if such a situation was to arise and a player was to leave dont you think the club would let the public fans know. i personally dont take much notice of what is wrote on social networking sites or forums till proven it is fact by a club officall or player himself. so really a fans worry is there own problem and shouldnt jump to conclusions and in my opinion the player is not at fault for having abit of team ' banter ' (which keeps a good team going and strong may i add). if anything id encourage more team banter which makes good team morale. but like ive said its just my opinion
Bull, the club over recent years have had an appaling record in letting the fans know what is happening in the club, whether it was by using the media or the internet.

HW