HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Leaving

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #30 on: 30 May 2012, 03:38:10 pm
This is potentially quite serious for us .  Doran was the only one who seemed to draw any sppirit out of the team on the field.  he also figurateively speaking was the driver for the Lancs players and the trainer / motivator behind them.

Not sure a couple of dual reg youngsters from Warrington will do much for us but not much option really.

Cant knock Doran taking the opportunity at all good luck to him.   

On the plus side we are int he driving seat above Oldham by 3 and they have to come here which will be our game of the season.  So long as Oldham dont start beating the likes of barrow and Workington we should be a good chance of 4th still.

Offline Bkenz92

• First Team Regular
  • Haven Til I Die
Reply #31 on: 30 May 2012, 03:40:58 pm
Who will coach the Lancs players now? or will they have to travel to Cumbria?

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #32 on: 30 May 2012, 03:51:33 pm

They take turns in driving, and have been coming up here for donkeys.

Offline J.D. Raaz

• First Team Backup
Reply #33 on: 30 May 2012, 03:53:43 pm
Has the Club issued a statement yet? If not when they do would someone kindly post it here?

Mr. Doran deserves everything good that happens to him. During his tenure at the Club he has given his all and will certainly be missed.

I'll leave it to the more expert individuals on this forum as to the question "What now?".

Offline Bkenz92

• First Team Regular
  • Haven Til I Die
Reply #34 on: 30 May 2012, 03:54:31 pm

They take turns in driving, and have been coming up here for donkeys.

I know they take turns driving, I didn't say they hadn't?

But I thought they had training sessions at Lancs too ..if not then cool!  :) I know they come up on a Thursday, as I've seen them a few times.

Ideally, I'd love to get Seedsy as assistant coach but I don't think that will happen  :'(

Offline Bkenz92

• First Team Regular
  • Haven Til I Die
Reply #35 on: 30 May 2012, 03:56:21 pm
Has the Club issued a statement yet? If not when they do would someone kindly post it here?

Mr. Doran deserves everything good that happens to him. During his tenure at the Club he has given his all and will certainly be missed.

I'll leave it to the more expert individuals on this forum as to the question "What now?".

I think I'll offer my services as assistant coach JD  ;) I'd love to get Seedsy involved or Leroy/Fats/Lester somehow

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #36 on: 30 May 2012, 03:56:30 pm

lee will be a big miss to us and good luck to him in what he does in the future. haven as a club need to move quick to fill this gap. i just hope we keep dave houghton who has been the pick of our forwards this season
born and bred haven.

Offline Bkenz92

• First Team Regular
  • Haven Til I Die
Reply #37 on: 30 May 2012, 03:58:48 pm

lee will be a big miss to us and good luck to him in what he does in the future. haven as a club need to move quick to fill this gap. i just hope we keep dave houghton who has been the pick of our forwards this season

Honestly Shaun once they arrive for training I reckon we should glue them to the recre so they can't leave  :D

Doran was awesome and we'll all miss him  :'(

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #38 on: 30 May 2012, 04:32:22 pm
do we get a fee or is it a freebie, surely we would get a bit for our player coach. #gutted

Offline boldyno1

• Academy Star
Reply #39 on: 30 May 2012, 04:52:36 pm
Sicey just wrote on Twitter saying all the best. Big loss for Haven at important time of season. All the best Lee.

Offline boldyno1

• Academy Star
Reply #40 on: 30 May 2012, 05:03:58 pm
Sammy G just wrote on Twitter Houghton could be going Salford.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #41 on: 30 May 2012, 05:07:46 pm
Well that says a lot then and thats y 2 players from Warrington may be coming gotta say if they let dave go too we can say goodbye to 4th place very disappointing indeed
« Last Edit: 30 May 2012, 05:17:30 pm by WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA »

Offline twopenny book

• Academy Star
Reply #42 on: 30 May 2012, 05:15:35 pm
nobodys leaving its just them thick jambos trying to get a bite.
  :D :D  :D
You can change this a 1000 times it still borrrrrrrrrrring

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #43 on: 30 May 2012, 05:19:39 pm
Good luck to them both. I'd be asking Salford for paeleasina and cas for Jonathan walker  ;D

Offline haven24/7

• Academy Star
Reply #44 on: 30 May 2012, 05:27:19 pm
Just shows how our players are better than the jambos.  The jam landers call us **** but to loose two excellent players from our team shows how good they are to still have a future in super league.   No ones knocked on your door yet asking for anyone!!   The only one through there would be Thackeray if anyone.