HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Next season

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
on: 02 Oct 2006, 06:07:58 pm
Who do we want to win the Grand Final.  If Hull kr win then Widnes will surley loss a shed load of players thus next season they may struggle big time.  If Hull get beat then they will still remain full time and be a force again.  Cas will be full time as will Donny but hear that Leigh will go back to part time. So we will have Cas Donny def full time and others probably wont be that can only be good for us.

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #1 on: 02 Oct 2006, 06:20:33 pm
my thoughts exactley this is what i put on the widnes forum

"now i have no love for HKR at all and nothing would please me more than to see them get beat...BUT im looking at next year  and who our strong opponents will be, and cause of this i think if you do not win on sunday, then you will not be as strong in NL1 next year...heres why
you will loose toc, barrie and maybe cas to retirement..while these will be replaced i think you will struggle big time to replace them with players who have the same quality and experince, tandy will be rumoured to be linked to SL clubs(like the last 2 years) and end up at either HKR or back in aus waiting for a big contract ...thats just the way he is its all about money to him
one or 2 players( beswick, allen) will be snapped up by SL clubs....and 1 or 2 will move or be released to other NL1 clubs...so thats why i think if you loose on sunday you will find next year more difficult

as for the rest of the teams in the league

cas will be full time and strong
leigh have shot their bolt already rumours their going part time and the backroom is in chaos
haven( we will be there or there abouts we have re-signed  most of our  24 man first team squad and are looking at 2 or 3 quality additions)
donny will be the ones to watch going full time and signing good players

THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #2 on: 02 Oct 2006, 06:39:58 pm
just hope the players keep themselvs fit right through the offseason as last year when we reutrned to action we were nackerd after 45 mins of play if they keep fit we can set the league on fire right from the first game

Offline mr hopefull

• First Team Backup
  • off we go-- come on haven-- come on haven
Reply #3 on: 02 Oct 2006, 06:50:39 pm
just hope the players keep themselvs fit right through the offseason as last year when we reutrned to action we were nackerd after 45 mins of play if they keep fit we can set the league on fire right from the first game
[/q

lets hope the bull is back at least 3/4 weeks prior to kick off,,and leafa !!!