HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

World Cup Bid Update

Offline town4me

• First Team Regular
Reply #15 on: 19 Jun 2012, 05:58:27 pm
Lets not go off thread it doesnt matter who's ground is better now its more important that this bid is successful and west cumbria is part of the RLWC.

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #16 on: 19 Jun 2012, 06:09:34 pm
Agree with you 100% on that one town4me.

Offline DJBRYAN

• Academy Star
Reply #17 on: 19 Jun 2012, 06:16:42 pm
They got our Asda they might as well have our World Cup games a say. Good luck Town hope they get em an all, I'll be garn through thats for sure.

If Town get the nod we should all support these games no matter what, as I'm sure the RFL will be watching. These could be the last games of this kind ever for this area if the crowds are embarrassingly low a say.

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #18 on: 19 Jun 2012, 06:34:21 pm
well i for one will be e-mailing those at the rfl to ask why they couldnt be played at the rec and kept in cumbria its was copeland that won the bid not wrlfc so why wernt haven offered them and their ground done up for nowt???
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline DJBRYAN

• Academy Star
Reply #19 on: 19 Jun 2012, 06:39:48 pm
well i for one will be e-mailing those at the rfl to ask why they couldnt be played at the rec and kept in cumbria its was copeland that won the bid not wrlfc so why wernt haven offered them and their ground done up for nowt???
Copeland had their chance and made an arse of it as we all know. Why would the RFL even consider the Recre after yon balls up a say ? 

Good luck wid ya email though.

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #20 on: 19 Jun 2012, 06:47:51 pm

The Copeland Bid Team have been too busy hanging their heads in shame at the monumental cock up they made. Town and ABC then had the forefront to approach the RFL and try and get the games.
Good luck to them, we couldn't organise a **** Up In A Brewey.

HW

larlad

Reply #21 on: 19 Jun 2012, 07:07:15 pm
yes copeland did win the bid, why cos they said we going to have brand new stadium, so id say the rfl be rather pi**ed off with copeland at the moment , thats why haven wont be getting second chance, going to put my head on block now , id say if it is played at dp , they be more fans there on sunday, than the world cup game, or am i talking crap

Offline DJBRYAN

• Academy Star
Reply #22 on: 19 Jun 2012, 07:16:29 pm
yes copeland did win the bid, why cos they said we going to have brand new stadium, so id say the rfl be rather pi**ed off with copeland at the moment , thats why haven wont be getting second chance, going to put my head on block now , id say if it is played at dp , they be more fans there on sunday, than the world cup game, or am i talking crap
I think its a dead cert to be a sh1te crowd whether they were played at this imaginary stadium in Copeland or DP.

Offline town4me

• First Team Regular
Reply #23 on: 19 Jun 2012, 07:25:49 pm
I think if the game is well promoted the crowd would be a decent one. I dont think it would sell out by any means but over 3k is achieveable. Sunday should see about 1300-1600.

Offline road rocket

• Academy Signing
Reply #24 on: 19 Jun 2012, 09:01:48 pm
[/quote
Sounds like some sour grapes to me,they must be bitter ones them choccy. :D :D :D

Offline GETEMONSIDE

• Academy Star
Reply #25 on: 19 Jun 2012, 11:22:08 pm
why wasnt it offered to haven to play at the rec????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
still hasnt been offered to town yet though has it.

We cocked it up first time 100%, would you give us a second chance!

HW
we never cocked owt up!!

unbelievable.

Please choccy e-mail the RFL, I'm sure you will be able to convince them to get the games played at the aptly named rec.

Your fellow supportets are pointing out what a mess copeland made of their bid, can you honestly not see that?

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #26 on: 20 Jun 2012, 08:36:01 am
yes getemonside what a mess copeland made of it,things could of been saved had the rfl used their heads and said the new stadium will not be built but we can still use the rec.why wasnt this option even considered?as for the crowd well it,ll be a wash out if it does get the go ahead.you just cant see what im saying with your blue and white blinkers on.i also think this is using the world cup as a smoke screen for free ground improvements,not what you want to hear but very true. 
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline town4me

• First Team Regular
Reply #27 on: 20 Jun 2012, 09:05:13 am
yes getemonside what a mess copeland made of it,things could of been saved had the rfl used their heads and said the new stadium will not be built but we can still use the rec.why wasnt this option even considered?as for the crowd well it,ll be a wash out if it does get the go ahead.you just cant see what im saying with your blue and white blinkers on.i also think this is using the world cup as a smoke screen for free ground improvements,not what you want to hear but very true.
what a bad sport you are choccy. :tip:

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #28 on: 20 Jun 2012, 09:13:42 am
what a bad sport you are choccy. :tip:
not at all town4me, they could of saved copelands blushes had they chose the rec to replace what wasnt going to happen.

Offline Aja7rugby

• Academy Signing
Reply #29 on: 20 Jun 2012, 09:28:13 am
Have you even considered the fact that there is certain criteria that needs to be met for the stadium.

The capacity of the Rec grandstand for one, excludes the ground at the very first hurdle. A whole new stand would be needed.
Whereas DP meets the grandstand capacity criteria - but will need some further ground improvements and a general spruce up to fulfil all of the criteria. Something that is a realistic option and is achievable given the budget and time constraints........