HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

World Cup Bid Update

Offline Micky D

• Academy Signing
Reply #30 on: 20 Jun 2012, 09:51:14 am
yes getemonside what a mess copeland made of it,things could of been saved had the rfl used their heads and said the new stadium will not be built but we can still use the rec.why wasnt this option even considered?as for the crowd well it,ll be a wash out if it does get the go ahead.you just cant see what im saying with your blue and white blinkers on.i also think this is using the world cup as a smoke screen for free ground improvements,not what you want to hear but very true.
what a bad sport you are choccy. :tip:
not at all town4me, they could of saved copelands blushes had they chose the rec to replace what wasnt going to happen.
Get a grip fella haven were part of a bid which spent a lot of money and brought a lot of embarassment to the rfl and west cumbria and there's only you can't see ot.
What a great fella Dave Bowden is saving the day, he should be knighted
I've never laughed as much since Neil Turley's drop goal at Haltom stadium
Come on Haven lets go on Tv and prove we're the worst team in Cumbria

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #31 on: 20 Jun 2012, 10:23:16 am
Have you even considered the fact that there is certain criteria that needs to be met for the stadium.

The capacity of the Rec grandstand for one, excludes the ground at the very first hurdle. A whole new stand would be needed.
Whereas DP meets the grandstand capacity criteria - but will need some further ground improvements and a general spruce up to fulfil all of the criteria. Something that is a realistic option and is achievable given the budget and time constraints........
i think you,ll find even with 450k towns ground would not meet criteria either!!

http://rlifmedia.dyndns.org/docs/Host%20Stadium%20Standards%20for%20Rugby%20League%20World%20Cup.pdf
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline Barramarra

• First Team Regular
Reply #32 on: 20 Jun 2012, 11:32:09 am
Oh dear Choccy you don't half let yourself down at times.
Does it matter that much where it's played ? Either ground is easily accessible to either set of fans.
the only way is up.

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #33 on: 20 Jun 2012, 11:35:30 am
Oh dear Choccy you don't half let yourself down at times.
Does it matter that much where it's played ? Either ground is easily accessible to either set of fans.
oh dear barramarra i aint bothered where its played im disappointed in the rfl and the way they,ve went about it,not that its any of your buisness!!
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline kingkenny

• Academy Star
Reply #34 on: 20 Jun 2012, 11:48:23 am
Well you obviously are bothered or you wouldn't be banging on about how unfair it is. The only unfair thing about the whole process is how dopeland squeezed town out trying to be clever and going it alone  ;)

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #35 on: 20 Jun 2012, 11:59:29 am
Well you obviously are bothered or you wouldn't be banging on about how unfair it is. The only unfair thing about the whole process is how dopeland squeezed town out trying to be clever and going it alone  ;)
like your obviousley bothered about haven as your never on your own site. and theres only one kingkenny stop killing the title  :D :D :D :D
born and bred haven.

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #36 on: 20 Jun 2012, 12:53:12 pm
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #37 on: 20 Jun 2012, 01:36:20 pm

Offline kingkenny

• Academy Star
Reply #38 on: 20 Jun 2012, 01:58:37 pm
Dopeland only won the bid on the strength of the new stadium so it stands to reason they won't allow them to host it.

King kenny isn't so much of a king these days  :o

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #39 on: 20 Jun 2012, 02:19:13 pm
Dopeland only won the bid on the strength of the new stadium so it stands to reason they won't allow them to host it.

King kenny isn't so much of a king these days  :o
go along and play on total rl kenny always king on merseyside for sure  :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:
born and bred haven.

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #40 on: 20 Jun 2012, 02:59:26 pm
Nice to see in  News and Star that NMP have taken over the management of the Pow Beck Scheme from CBC.

HW

Offline flipflop

• Academy Star
Reply #41 on: 20 Jun 2012, 03:16:59 pm
cant see pow beck thing on the website. is there a link

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #42 on: 20 Jun 2012, 03:46:23 pm
cant see pow beck thing on the website. is there a link

It's in the paper itself, it's on the end of the nines article.

HW

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #43 on: 20 Jun 2012, 03:51:31 pm

Offline kingkenny

• Academy Star
Reply #44 on: 20 Jun 2012, 04:23:18 pm
On merseyside maybe but not on Tyneside and not on the banks of the Clyde either.