HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Border tv

Maca · 15 · 1518

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
on: 02 Apr 2007, 06:32:08 pm
Well i watched border tv tonight after going on about gretna for 5mins and clips from there match then went on to carlisle and workington speedway then showing a clip from the town match to all 1 second of it was a good win for whitehaven and that was it!!! South or carlisle they dont give a s##t and thats the truth. What a complete waste of time they are.

Offline forty twenty

• First Team Backup
Reply #1 on: 02 Apr 2007, 06:42:48 pm
news and star the same  friday night they had 6 page spread on town v leeds . when do we get 6 page spread . they n border tv both waste of space ;D

Offline Rob_Haven

• First Team Regular
Reply #2 on: 02 Apr 2007, 11:37:15 pm
its corrupt they show town getting tonked and dont even show us winning! whats it all about DES? u got anything to say to them?
ANCIENT AND LOYAL

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #3 on: 02 Apr 2007, 11:41:55 pm
don't expect des to say anything

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

Offline Havener

• Global Moderator
  • Academy Star
Reply #4 on: 03 Apr 2007, 12:19:27 am
at least the news and star put the highlights of the games on the internet

but i agree the border news coverage is a joke

Offline Graves-Haven

• Academy Signing
Reply #5 on: 03 Apr 2007, 12:52:32 am
border television...we want to make to make ITV news ..haha....fingers crossed next year  ??? ;D

Offline Haven Crazy

• First Team Backup
  • Is tho in yan? Is tho in yan? oohoo
Reply #6 on: 03 Apr 2007, 07:22:39 am
Been over this one loads of times! Nowt will ever change! Everybodys always complaining but never does anything! If Haven Fans wanna do something then everyone should write a letter to border news complaining (I know someone did this last year) surely if they receive 200 letters from angry Haven fans they would o something about it. If border news showed a little more of the matchs and the fans etc I'm sure this would tempt a few extra people down to the ground!  >:( >:( >:(
Can't stand Jam, eh!

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #7 on: 03 Apr 2007, 12:01:10 pm
someone put the addy up and lets bomb them with letters its about time these joke of a news team got Haven rugby on the map there fast to put who,s going to court news on about Haven people.

Online eternal optimist

• First Team Backup
Reply #8 on: 03 Apr 2007, 12:10:29 pm
don't expect des to say anything

I wrote to Border TV last season and met with head of News and Sport and had a very positive meeting (as mentioned in a programme last season). The subject of the meeting was about coverage of rugby league in general not just Whitehaven. As a result their coverage has improved tremendously and we get far more air time than we used to. Town fans will argue we get far more coverage than them and over the past year I would not disagree with that. Border have a difficult job to cover a large area and a number of sports teams in a short space of time. OK so Town got some this week but the season has got a long way to go and we will get our share.

Des

Offline crazyhaven

• Academy Signing
Reply #9 on: 03 Apr 2007, 03:06:52 pm
Has anyone got the address for Border TV?

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
Reply #10 on: 03 Apr 2007, 03:57:02 pm

ITV Border Television
The Television Centre
Carlisle
CA1 3NT

Telephone: 01228 525 101
Facsimile: 01228 541 384

๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’› Whitehaven RLFC ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’›

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #11 on: 03 Apr 2007, 05:08:20 pm
large area maybe but gretna seems to get 5 mins plus as sport in lower cumbria get 30 seconds so id say nothing has changed.

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #12 on: 03 Apr 2007, 05:09:20 pm
thanks mrs havenW

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #13 on: 03 Apr 2007, 10:17:58 pm
i wonder if some of you really will contact border?

i am sick of coming on here RE the border tv argument and telling you to write, as i have done for the past god knows how many seasons, to them

its no good wasting your time twining on here, i can guarantee nobody from border tv reads this website!

as MrsHW has kindly posted the addy for border you now have no excuses!!!!

like it or not, but at this moment in time Gretna are closing in on gaining promotion to the top flight of football in scotland, quite an achievement considering they were playing workington reds and penrith less than 5 years ago, and being as Gretna is in the BORDER tv region they will get considreable airplay, just as we have leading up to our GF appearances, and i bet nobody in Gretna cares about us do they?

as des says they have a hard job to do pleasing everyone, and sometimes its just not possible to show everything from the weekend.

perhaps they should bring back border sports action? remember the 1/2 hour show they used to run?
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #14 on: 03 Apr 2007, 10:41:39 pm
they been with gretna as long as ive known ok there doing well now but come on the coverage theyv gave them over the years is a bit ott. it should be called north of the border. And yes i have wrote a letter a wonder how many other have too.