HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Cumbria - 9's Champions!

Offline CocoLoco

• Academy Star
Reply #45 on: 29 Jun 2012, 10:53:09 pm
Id love to know what the people posting on here have been smoking!

Neither Barrow, Haven or Town have the money, infrastructure, facilities, supporter base or drive to ever reach SL.

The only leverage we would have would be to form a merged team to continue to produce  and improve the amount of potentially elite level talent in the local area which is mostly wasted.

To ever even contemplate this we would need a massive leg up from the RFL - even witha merged team!
:shake: :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake:and ruin 3 clubs history then the questions
1, where would they play
2 who would coach this team
3 would haven fans watch at barrow or town would town fans watch at haven or barrow would barrow fans watch at town or haven  :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake:
maybe haven have had there chance and wont ever get to super league but leave us as haven town and barrow  :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

Those who are not interested in the future of the game locally like yourself may not watch the new team. Personally iw would watch a Cumbrian team in the top flight even if the Cumbria team played outside Whitehaven.

Online haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #46 on: 30 Jun 2012, 12:03:44 pm
well ask haven fans that travel away every week and ask town die hards and barrow and im sure most will give the same answer. i love living in cumbria but would not follow a cumbrian team in super league although i would in touring games as 1offs.
born and bred haven.

Offline CocoLoco

• Academy Star
Reply #47 on: 30 Jun 2012, 12:10:02 pm

So you speak for all those that attend away games Haven94? How long have you been attending games?

I would hate to see the area lose the opportunity to host elite level sport in the future due to a vocal minority.

Online haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #48 on: 30 Jun 2012, 12:22:34 pm

So you speak for all those that attend away games Haven94? How long have you been attending games?

I would hate to see the area lose the opportunity to host elite level sport in the future due to a vocal minority.
been travelling away for over 35 years marra from bramley huyton the old donny ground been everywhere in worse times than now so a long time  :o :o :o :o :o and will do another 35 years
born and bred haven.

Offline DonkeyParker

• Academy Star
Reply #49 on: 30 Jun 2012, 12:38:49 pm

Sadly there are too many vocal diehards that would rather support their own team than give backing to the iea of a combined Cumbrian Superleague venture.

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #50 on: 30 Jun 2012, 03:24:27 pm

Sadly there are too many vocal diehards that would rather support their own team than give backing to the iea of a combined Cumbrian Superleague venture.
dear Dp, what is wrong with that? You make it into a negative comment, because they would rather support their own town team instead of an amalgamated hybrid of a team. I just don't see why because you seem to prefer the idea those of us who oppose that stance are denigrated. If someone has the guts, the money, the ground, the deep rooted support and ongoing finance tell them to come forward with proposals and who knows people may change their opinion but I just can't see where the clammour is coming from and sad to say if it is foisted on the area from Red hall it will never last.

Offline Nero

• Academy Signing
Reply #51 on: 30 Jun 2012, 04:54:32 pm

dear Dp, what is wrong with that? You make it into a negative comment, because they would rather support their own town team instead of an amalgamated hybrid of a team. I just don't see why because you seem to prefer the idea those of us who oppose that stance are denigrated. If someone has the guts, the money, the ground, the deep rooted support and ongoing finance tell them to come forward with proposals and who knows people may change their opinion but I just can't see where the clammour is coming from and sad to say if it is foisted on the area from Red hall it will never last.
Also, if the clubs amalagmate, all the eggs are in one basket, if it fails we're all left with nothing.

Online haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #52 on: 30 Jun 2012, 07:47:32 pm

my point exactly nero well said

Also, if the clubs amalagmate, all the eggs are in one basket, if it fails we're all left with nothing.
born and bred haven.

Online haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #53 on: 30 Jun 2012, 08:12:25 pm

been travelling away for over 35 years marra from bramley huyton the old donny ground been everywhere in worse times than now so a long time  :o :o :o :o :o and will do another 35 years
what no reply coco come on i thought you new rugby league and would tell me something i didnt know i would think theres only a small few on here that maybe could bryan at tops though i have stats from my uncle that no one tops
born and bred haven.

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
Reply #54 on: 02 Jul 2012, 10:04:09 pm
So how did Cumbria do in the 9's final and what happened in the sprint race?

You tube video of the race for those that did not see it :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtWUe0qBn9w
๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’› Whitehaven RLFC ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’›