HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Redundancies at Bradford

Offline Enoch

• First Team Backup
Reply #15 on: 03 Jul 2012, 10:28:04 am
To be honest, other things stink WRT Bradford and the RFL.
Remember the RFL purchased Osdal stadium not so long ago. Why?

My guess....because they knew the club was already in deep financial difficulties, possibly administration coming, thus taking it on and so keeping the stadium, (probably the only real asset the club has), out the the hands of the receiver.

Call me a cynic if you so wish.

Very good point, you may well be right!

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #16 on: 03 Jul 2012, 02:21:22 pm

larlad

Reply #17 on: 03 Jul 2012, 02:26:42 pm
the way i see it is the rfl , should only punish the board, ie ban them from being involved in any rugby league, cos end of day its the players coaching staff, and most of all the fans that are going to suffer the most , and they have doing nothing wrong

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #18 on: 03 Jul 2012, 02:30:24 pm
this may sound daft but what will happen if the players dig deep and end up winning the grand final ,  :o , if they did get dropped to champ 1 ,would they still play in the world club final

Won't win SL as points deduction is coming (should be?) to take them well out of play off contention.

a huge punishment isnt it? a team that lets be honest arent going to make the playoffs anyway, so take 10 points off them.....that'll teach them!! only in RL!!
Dear Puppetmaster, yes one big joke, just like the second half of most SL seasons when the lower half of the teams are playing the season out not playing for anything in particular. The grusome twosome touched on it in last night's commentary when Hemmings made the totally fatuous remark "....there are those in RL who think there is nothing to play for in the SL if you are not going to make the play offs, well all I can say is look at these two teams and that puts paid to that they desperately want to avoid the wooden spoon..." what an insult to sky customers and RL fans, is that it now a multi million pound competition is only about avoiding who comes last? Shows how in tune Sky broadcasters are in tune with the RFL, I bet he has been waiting weeks to get that quote aired.
Also P.Master there was something on the news about Rangers being put in the second tier at Scotland but it seemed to say it was more a case of the second tier accepting Rangers rarther than Rangers of the Scottish premier league having a choice but I came in at the near end of the article so not sure if I am quoting it correctly, did you hear it on the news by any chance?

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #19 on: 03 Jul 2012, 04:23:29 pm
the way i see it is the rfl , should only punish the board, ie ban them from being involved in any rugby league, cos end of day its the players coaching staff, and most of all the fans that are going to suffer the most , and they have doing nothing wrong

what about all the other clubs who went the same way?what about the likes of keighley, whitehaven widnes bramley etc? it wasnt any of the players,coaches or fans faults then either, but we all had to take our punishments and start over again!

bradford if/when liquidated should have to apply to rejoin the RFL in championship 1 next season, they should also be barred from applying for the next 2 rounds of franchises
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #20 on: 03 Jul 2012, 04:50:15 pm
it isn't the first time Bradford have done it, in the early sixties they actually just folded during the season.

larlad

Reply #21 on: 03 Jul 2012, 05:34:13 pm
was nt just meaning bradford it should happen to all clubs , yeh bradford did go bust in the 60s town lent them some players , for free then when town went bang bradford went to rfl and said town should be kicked out for good