HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

our wingers

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
on: 02 Apr 2007, 02:30:00 pm
howcome we have used them very little in the last few weeks they have had time and time torun wid the ball on breaks but we dont use em has any1 else noticed this they have done very little work and could do better needs sorted

Offline forty twenty

• First Team Backup
Reply #1 on: 02 Apr 2007, 03:22:36 pm
that what i like on these sites everyone a coach or tallent scout ???

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #2 on: 02 Apr 2007, 03:25:05 pm
i have noticed we could have scored a few more tries of we use our wingers

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #3 on: 02 Apr 2007, 03:34:57 pm
i think they should be used more e.g clear breaks but not to run at a 17 stone prop

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #4 on: 02 Apr 2007, 05:27:57 pm
our wingers wont get many break though as teams know that if they break away they wont be caught so they close them down very quickly
haven till i die

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #5 on: 02 Apr 2007, 05:30:44 pm
why do we never kick through for them i no we used to but we havent i quite a long time if we kicked for calvert and madden we would score a hell of a lot of points

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #6 on: 02 Apr 2007, 05:33:25 pm
think maybe we calvert scored alot of tries like that in he's first season or two because he wasnt really well know to the other teams but now the full back and wingers are probably told to look for us kicking it over i agree though we should at least try it
haven till i die

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #7 on: 02 Apr 2007, 05:53:58 pm
I  think  we  need  quicker  play  the  balls  and  quicker  handling  to  create  the  overlaps.  We  also  need  players  to  way  up  the  options  and  look  to  pass  instead  of  trying  to  break  a  tackle.  In  the  2nd  half  McCavoy  took  in  a  ball  when  he  had  Calvert  on  his  outside  and  no  one  within  10  yards  of  him

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #8 on: 03 Apr 2007, 08:32:34 pm
I  think  we  need  quicker  play  the  balls  and  quicker  handling  to  create  the  overlaps.  We  also  need  players  to  way  up  the  options  and  look  to  pass  instead  of  trying  to  break  a  tackle.  In  the  2nd  half  McCavoy  took  in  a  ball  when  he  had  Calvert  on  his  outside  and  no  one  within  10  yards  of  him

Which is why DR thinks that McAvoy is more of a 2nd rower than a centre??

popularsider

Reply #9 on: 03 Apr 2007, 08:40:36 pm
but what did mcavoy do 5 minutes later at centre leeF brushed aside 3 tacklers and scored hence why he is one of the best centres at the club

as for the wingers if you notice no team drops there FB back why doesnt carl rudd kick from the scrum for calvert?

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #10 on: 03 Apr 2007, 09:43:42 pm
but what did mcavoy do 5 minutes later at centre leeF brushed aside 3 tacklers and scored hence why he is one of the best centres at the club

as for the wingers if you notice no team drops there FB back why doesnt carl rudd kick from the scrum for calvert?

Thats  a  sign  of  a  teams  confidence  when  you  can  kick  from  a  scrum  to  give  your  winger  a  chance.

Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
Reply #11 on: 03 Apr 2007, 09:57:29 pm
macca never had calvert outside him on that occasion it was spencer. calvert was in midfield
NO PAIN NO GAIN

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #12 on: 04 Apr 2007, 09:20:39 am
calvert gets told to take the ball in to the middle for the forwards i was sitting next to DR one match and kept saying to peter smith tell craig to run into the middle

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

Offline hensingham boy

• First Team Backup
  • win or lose on the booze
Reply #13 on: 04 Apr 2007, 05:04:33 pm
macca never had calvert outside him on that occasion it was spencer. calvert was in midfield

[/quote

correct