HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Well done GB Olympics

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
on: 28 Jul 2012, 12:52:05 am
Am I proud .....YES ...what a great display of British ....ness.

Let the games begin. 

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
Reply #1 on: 28 Jul 2012, 12:53:29 am
In total agreement!

I really do wonder what goes on in Danny Boyle's head.  Fantastic showing.
๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’› Whitehaven RLFC ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’›

Offline J.D. Raaz

• First Team Backup
Reply #2 on: 28 Jul 2012, 06:14:35 am
A simply wonderful performance!

Richard and I just finished watching the opening ceremony and we couldn't stop smiling all the way through.

You have truly wowed the World.

Offline RonnietheRhino

• Academy Star
Reply #3 on: 28 Jul 2012, 07:01:54 am
Fantastic and something to be proud of. Real off the wall stuff but spectacular at the same time. Enjoyed every minute of it. Well done.  :tip: :tip:

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
Reply #4 on: 28 Jul 2012, 07:16:34 am

Richard and I just finished watching the opening ceremony and we couldn't stop smiling all the way through.

The opening ceremony was truly wonderful - Our Queen and the helicopter - fantastic! Rowan Atkinson (Mr. Bean) - pure comedy genius! The cauldron - mesmerising. Paul McCartney - ruined it! Time to give up now - you never could sing and last night confirmed it.   For me McCartney was the only downside. 
๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’› Whitehaven RLFC ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’›

Offline J.D. Raaz

• First Team Backup
Reply #5 on: 28 Jul 2012, 09:31:58 am
Mrs. HW:

The forging of the Olympic Ring was incredible and I loved the hill where the flags are placed. The Queen meeting James Bond had to be the best part of the evening for my home. How fabulous of her to agree to participate (and hasn't she had a busy year!!).

Whilst I may agree that "Hey Jude" would not have been my personal song of choice (does David Bowie perform live anymore?) I think that cbang was spot on in regards to the observation that it was just an out and out celebration of Britishness...the large and small, the serious and silly. It made us want to have pies and peas, a pint AND a cup of tea, and watch a rugby match in freezing weather.

I can't wait to watch the events and only wish that we had your BBC coverage here as NBC is far too concentrated on only the events that the Americans are favored in. I do miss the international flavor of the sports coverage in the U.K.

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #6 on: 28 Jul 2012, 10:46:49 am
after all the money spent/wasted on that diamond jubilee you would have thought she and phil could have shown a little bit of interest when the GB team entered the stadium and walked past.

all the other dignateries acknowledged their countrymen, whilst they looked like they didnt even want to be there!  :witch:
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline noahrob

• Fans Favourite
Reply #7 on: 28 Jul 2012, 10:54:15 am

The opening ceremony was truly wonderful - Our Queen and the helicopter - fantastic! Rowan Atkinson (Mr. Bean) - pure comedy genius! The cauldron - mesmerising. Paul McCartney - ruined it! Time to give up now - you never could sing and last night confirmed it.   For me McCartney was the only downside.

I am a very proud Englishman, but for me and my wife it was just boring, boring,yawn.

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #8 on: 28 Jul 2012, 11:13:19 am

I am a very proud Englishman, but for me and my wife it was just boring, boring,yawn.

wouldnt be everyone's cup of tea, i was annoyed at the music section, they had the prodigy and dizzy somebody or other who can't eve spell properly, yet omitted 3 of the biggest british bands of all time who will have influenced far more than those 2 could ever imagine!  where were Sabbath Zeppelin and Purple? a bloody disgrace that bit!

and the current love in for beckham is quite nauseating, he is not an olympian and doesnt even live here!!
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

ca28

Reply #9 on: 28 Jul 2012, 01:10:21 pm

wouldnt be everyone's cup of tea, i was annoyed at the music section, they had the prodigy and dizzy somebody or other who can't eve spell properly, yet omitted 3 of the biggest british bands of all time who will have influenced far more than those 2 could ever imagine!  where were Sabbath Zeppelin and Purple? a bloody disgrace that bit!

and the current love in for beckham is quite nauseating, he is not an olympian and doesnt even live here!!

Bah humbug.....They should have had Cliff Richards on !!! :D

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #10 on: 28 Jul 2012, 02:25:22 pm
I thought the transformation from the pastoral scene to the industrial revolution was amazing.

Offline Barramarra

• First Team Regular
Reply #11 on: 28 Jul 2012, 03:25:26 pm
The NHS bit will have annoyed Cameron & his cronies so job well done for that alone.
the only way is up.

Offline Recre Faithful

• First Team Regular
Reply #12 on: 28 Jul 2012, 04:14:16 pm
Jeremy c sorry Hunt wanted the NHS part taken out as he said its was against government changes. What an arse
Whitehaven RLFC The real pride of cumbria

Remember not everything that talks with an Aussie accent is good enough to wear the Green & Gold