HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Ground Developments

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
on: 05 Apr 2007, 08:35:44 am
Well it appears that Westlakes have at last shown their true hand in the long running ground development saga.
It appears that we ( Haven ) are not  a priority for the WRG or BNG as we were led to believe, and as Des says had it in writing that we were.

Maybe now we can go forward and at least do up the railway end, without any alernative agenda from so called intersted 3rd parties.
And as there will be no confidentiality clauses, we should be able to get regular updates from Des and the board.

Here's hoping

Neil
"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 05 Apr 2007, 09:34:18 am
The  whole  things  been  one  long  running  joke.  Had  we  beaten  Leigh  or  Cas  then  maybe  something  would  have  been  done  but  for  the  last  3  years  we've  all  been  hoping  only  to  be  kept  getting  let  down.  Even  the  lack  of  progress  is  turning  fans  away  from  the  club  which  is  the  last  thing  we  want.

Mind  you  it  might  not  be that  on  the  13th  when  Cats  roll  into  town.  I  bet  all  our  local  dignitaries  will  suddenly  crawl  out  the  woodwork  and  play  best  of  buddies. >:(

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #2 on: 05 Apr 2007, 12:32:07 pm
westlake soon found 800k for the bridge at maryport habour with nothing coming from allerdale, yet for us to get 300k we have to stump up half of it

and as for the council...well you can bet they will all be there as vips for the CATS game...id chase the lot of them...when local elections come around i urge everyone to vote them out, and vote in people who care anout whitehaven and not just themselves
THE MULLET IS BACK

popularsider

Reply #3 on: 05 Apr 2007, 12:42:52 pm
well said bkm

if they ask des for vip tickets turn them away and say no you only want the glory where are you when we play the likes of sheffield batley rochdale dewsbury

Offline kells/haven

• Academy Star
Reply #4 on: 05 Apr 2007, 12:58:10 pm
does anyone know if we will be able to do the buy a brick now for a stand at the railway end?

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #5 on: 05 Apr 2007, 01:16:34 pm
A bloody new that would happen like what a bunch of stuck up prats they are. I just hope thats wrong like. :(
Id like the popular side done first no one goes in the railway end any way, some sort of cover would be better on there  ;)

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #6 on: 05 Apr 2007, 02:35:51 pm

and as for the council...well you can bet they will all be there as vips for the CATS game...id chase the lot of them...when local elections come around i urge everyone to vote them out, and vote in people who care anout whitehaven and not just themselves

Well  said  Brett.  I've  been  ranting  about  the  same  thing  for  the  past  few  days.  Any  bets  if  they  have  a  Marquee  put  up  like  they  did  for  the  Wires  game  you  and  me  won't  be  allowed  in.  Didn't  they  have  some  sort  of  civic  reception  for  the  Pia  team.  Can  you  imagine  what  strings  they'll  pull  for  Catalan.

2  people  I  would  lay  money  on  being  right  at  the  front  are  Jamie  Read  and  Elaine  Woodburn.  No  doubt  they'll  make  that  extra  special  effort  to  attend  like  they've  never  been  away  from  the  place.  Next  council  election's  we  should  get  some  fans  to  stand  up  against  these  lot.  Maybe  then  they  might  sit  up  and  take  notice. >:(

Offline Jaypeet

• Academy Star
Reply #7 on: 05 Apr 2007, 03:46:43 pm
I think its time we all made our feelings felt to Jamie Reed!  I urge each and every fan of Whitehaven RL to write to Mr Reed and ask that he intervenes to not only save the redevelopment of the ground, but speed up the process.  You may also like to remind him that he will not be made welcome by the fans of the club at the Catalans match unless he does so!!!
God this is a long tunnel...........and its getting longer by the minute!

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #8 on: 05 Apr 2007, 05:15:19 pm
................and  don't  forget  when  Jamie  Reed  was  canvassing  for  peoples  votes,  leaflets  were  put  through  doors  showing  our  MP  wearing  a  Haven  top  with  his  brother-in-law  Fats  and  the  Recre  in  the  background.  By  portraying  himself  as  a  Haven  fan  clearly  he  was  looking  for  Haven  fans  to  give  him  that  bit  of  support  to  get  him  in  Parliament.

Well  now  your  there  Jamie  start  doing  us  a  favour  in  return  and  sort  this  mess  out ???

Monte2carlo

Reply #9 on: 05 Apr 2007, 05:29:58 pm
You know MP's they would sell their souls to the devil to get an extra vote. The world would be a better place without them  >:(
Ask yourselves when was the last time you seen our Jamie in a Haven top at the ground.

Monte >:(

Offline forty twenty

• First Team Backup
Reply #10 on: 06 Apr 2007, 09:02:59 pm
You know MP's they would sell their souls to the devil to get an extra vote. The world would be a better place without them  >:(
Ask yourselves when was the last time you seen our Jamie in a Haven top at the ground.

Monte >:(
i think you should stand monte with camp as your agent ::)

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #11 on: 06 Apr 2007, 11:53:53 pm
It  only  cost's  ?1200  to  stand  as  an  MP  and  if  you  get  a  percentage  of  votes  you  get  your  money  back  I  think.  So  whats  that.............less  than a  pound  for  every  fan  and  who  knows  we  might  be  sending  Monte  to  London  for  the  next  5  years. :D

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #12 on: 07 Apr 2007, 03:00:46 pm
It  only  cost's  ?1200  to  stand  as  an  MP  and  if  you  get  a  percentage  of  votes  you  get  your  money  back  I  think.  So  whats  that.............less  than a  pound  for  every  fan  and  who  knows  we  might  be  sending  Monte  to  London  for  the  next  5  years. :D
5 years free of Monte now thats got to be worth a quid  ;) ;)

Monte2carlo

Reply #13 on: 07 Apr 2007, 04:29:54 pm
Le camp champ,

Monte's campaign manager LOL

Monte

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #14 on: 08 Apr 2007, 11:26:30 am
What was said in the papers about the stand??? and is there any truth to it ?
Please can someone from BOD let us know whats happening. cheers