HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Don on gardening leave

Grinch · 150 · 4894

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #15 on: 28 Aug 2012, 08:59:47 pm
Clubs Twitter account have just tweeted......

Whitehaven RLFC ‏@Whitehaven_Rlfc
Haven head coach Don Gailer has left the club with immediate effect #rugbyleague
garden leave what a joke and no bottle to tell the bloke face to face :shake: :shake: :shake:
born and bred haven.

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #16 on: 28 Aug 2012, 09:04:11 pm
Well here we go again, Club now in turmoil. No Coach and only one player defo signed on for next year.

Calvin got what he wanted plain and simple

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

Offline DJBRYAN

• Academy Star
Reply #17 on: 28 Aug 2012, 09:04:59 pm
Wonder if dorans hopin he can announce on twitter soon he garna be coach. I wouldnt put it past yon shower a say. This season has been a reet farce and as for Sunda they cen stick it up their rectum theyre gittn nee mare of my hard earned.

larlad

Reply #18 on: 28 Aug 2012, 09:05:46 pm
daft as it sounds i feel sorry for the guy , he did what the club wanted him to do ie get out of this league , and as you say haven94 ,nobody had the guts to tell him face to face

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #19 on: 28 Aug 2012, 09:09:13 pm

Haven head coach Don Gailer has left the club with immediate effect #rugbyleague
garden leave what a joke and no bottle to tell the bloke face to face :shake: :shake: :shake:
Shameful behaviour by our BOD. Player power wins again ...who would want to be our coach ?????
"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA

Offline kiss the snake

• Fans Favourite
Reply #20 on: 28 Aug 2012, 09:09:46 pm
It was nice of Calvin to ring him up in Paris when he was having a few days with his mrs and daughter who was over from Oz ! Haven are a disgrace shouldnt treat people this way.

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #21 on: 28 Aug 2012, 09:10:34 pm
If Doran and Ashe are now in charge then it explains Doran's comments on Twitter as Gailer went to France from London.  Et tu Brute!!!!!!!!!
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #22 on: 28 Aug 2012, 09:13:39 pm
Seems like Doran is all class.

Offline Haven Lad

• First Team Backup
Reply #23 on: 28 Aug 2012, 09:14:35 pm
How stupid is this? Maybe some people at the club are forgetting that we still have the playoffs coming up and now have no coach, I'd have liked don to have been kept on and given a chance to build his own team. He done what was asked of him and got us promotion.
Whitehaven 2010....Heres to the future.

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #24 on: 28 Aug 2012, 09:14:52 pm

Bang on, Calvin and the club are a disgrace at the moment. What the point in having a new coach? what if the palyers done like the new guy?
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Offline GETEMONSIDE

• Academy Star
Reply #25 on: 28 Aug 2012, 09:17:05 pm
You just couldn't make it up could you. ????? Laughing stock, it's worse than a comedy.
I'm glad you said it because that is exactly what I thought.

You were struggling before the Rochdale game,  sack him was the cry.

Beat Rochdale and Doncaster,  back him was the cry, board offer him a new contract.

Beaten by London, Sack him was the cry, board put him on "gardening leave".

As you say, you couldn't make it up. Blame who you will but you are the laughing stock of cumbrian RL. Sorry n all that but thats the truth.

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #26 on: 28 Aug 2012, 09:17:52 pm
It makes you wonder what the couple of points were that Gailer wanted cleared up before he signed the contract, he had it long enough to get it signed!!!!!!!
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #27 on: 28 Aug 2012, 09:18:59 pm
BOD now bound to be in turmoil too, as 5 of them voted to offer him the contract.

Watch the BOD implode......it's likely to bigger than just the double cross of the coach.

Offline Martin

• First Team Backup
Reply #28 on: 28 Aug 2012, 09:19:37 pm
My only hope right now is that the club will come clean about the reasons for this decision and make a full statement asap.

Then I would like to see Don's response then maybe we can figure out what has really happened.

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #29 on: 28 Aug 2012, 09:20:35 pm
Keith we all know what the issues of the contract were.