THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 31 Aug 2012, 12:15:50 pm
A very depressing article.

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #2 on: 31 Aug 2012, 12:17:14 pm
By the way does anyone know [FOR A FACT] if we are having a secont team next year and if not why not?

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #3 on: 31 Aug 2012, 12:20:56 pm
By the way does anyone know [FOR A FACT] if we are having a secont team next year and if not why not?

all the vibes seem to be no, but i could be wrong
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline gmc66

• First Team Regular
Reply #4 on: 31 Aug 2012, 12:25:35 pm
which coach in their right mind will take up a position where their team only trains as one, once a week.....simple really one brainwashed by calvin or lee doran !! :shake:

Offline Havener

• Global Moderator
  • Academy Star
Reply #5 on: 31 Aug 2012, 12:26:55 pm
Terrible article, can't see anyone wanting to coach us after reading that.

Offline fnlde

• Academy Signing
Reply #6 on: 31 Aug 2012, 12:32:16 pm
what a joke like. players training once a week and we are going up who the hell made that happen the BOD or the traveling player the club as gone mad. time to get out all the BOD and calvin and back stabbers and start again

Come on, I realise how frustrating things are, but this is a family forum.
« Last Edit: 31 Aug 2012, 01:45:12 pm by jammy dodger »

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #7 on: 31 Aug 2012, 12:37:37 pm
http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/haven/disneyland-nightmare-1.990937?referrerPath=sport/haven

makes it clear what we have to face next season
Now fellow Haven fans, tell mě that this is not the future we want for our club . If Don had been allowed to sort the ill discipline, and establish a thriving reserve grade then next year would have been a more promising prospect. 1 senior player and some week management by BOD has created this situation. Don was very downbeat ať Wembley and now i can fully understand why. 
I hope and pray now that Dave Woods is appointed as coach...
"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #8 on: 31 Aug 2012, 12:49:09 pm
Instead of being rective and saying "wecant afford it" they should be proactive and saying "well how much is it going to cost?" right then lets get together and go out and get that money [but into one pot so it does not get spent on something else and create a crisis down the line.] It wont happen if you sit back and wait unless there is another plan we don't know of.

Offline Enoch

• First Team Backup
Reply #9 on: 31 Aug 2012, 12:52:07 pm
It doesn't matter who is given the coaches job as the colours of the club have been nailed to the flagpost! The travelling players are in charge and 'NO' coach is going to get BOD support. Coach will come in and try to implement his way, players will spit out dummies, players go crying to BOD, coach gets sacked!!!

As for Dave Woods, I do think he is a good coach, but far too confrontational and he will surely go the way of Gailer!

I will be very surprised if it is not a 'YES' man!

:shake:

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #10 on: 31 Aug 2012, 12:57:24 pm
It doesn't matter who is given the coaches job as the colours of the club have been nailed to the flagpost! The travelling players are in charge and 'NO' coach is going to get BOD support. Coach will come in and try to implement his way, players will spit out dummies, players go crying to BOD, coach gets sacked!!!

As for Dave Woods, I do think he is a good coach, but far too confrontational and he will surely go the way of Gailer!

I will be very surprised if it is not a 'YES' man!

:shake:
[/quote
Fans should make their views known on sunday, thats for sure ]
"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #11 on: 31 Aug 2012, 01:02:40 pm
maybe now people will understand what Don has being trying to do, and what he was up against while doing it .He is better off out of it.
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline Tommygun

• First Team Backup
Reply #12 on: 31 Aug 2012, 01:32:45 pm
I'm surprised Don went to Disneyland, I'd have thought he'd had enough of dealing with Mickey Mouse operations already.........

Offline gushaven

• First Team Regular
    • Kells A.R.L.F.C.
Reply #13 on: 31 Aug 2012, 01:34:39 pm
Unreal,  :shake:  :shake:  :shake:
Success is like a fart.
It only bothers people when it is not their own!

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #14 on: 31 Aug 2012, 01:38:30 pm
Thats is the most depressing read for a long time.

So basically we want to run a club based in Lancs that trains once a week together with no youth developemt or reserves.   

Fact is the local amature teams train together more than a so called semi professional WRFC.

As Don says we will be slaughtered next year.  How on earth does the club expect to have a team with any structure , team spirit running the club on this basis.

I can assure you Featherstone, Halifax keighly and Batley et al  certainly dont run their clubs  on one team session a weak.  Remember reading an article about York where they were training together every morning before work and then three nights a week.  I am sure Featherstone do something similar.

This is the point fitness levels and speed of the Rugby is a lot higher next year we just wont live with it.  This is why we need to clear out those guys who's motivation has dimisnished its a game for young blokes with ambition who want to put the time in to RL ... not fellas who just want to protect their wages go through the motions and get ****ed at the end of it.   
« Last Edit: 31 Aug 2012, 01:40:51 pm by Boxer »