HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

news and star

Offline Martin

• First Team Backup
Reply #15 on: 31 Aug 2012, 01:45:35 pm
Thats is the most depressing read for a long time.

So basically we want to run a club based in Lancs that trains once a week together with no youth developemt or reserves.   

Fact is the local amature teams train together more than a so called semi professional WRFC.

As Don says we will be slaughtered next year.  How on earth does the club expect to have a team with any structure , team spirit running the club on this basis.

I can assure you Featherstone, Halifax keighly and Batley et al  certainly dont run their clubs  on one team session a weak.  Remember reading an article about York where they were training together every morning before work and then three nights a week.  I am sure Featherstone do something similar.

This is the point fitness levels and speed of the Rugby is a lot higher next year we just wont live with it.  This is why we need to clear out those guys who's motivation has dimisnished its a game for young blokes with ambition who want to put the time in to RL ... not fellas who just want to protect their wages go through the motions and get ****ed at the end of it.   

Top post .........

Online haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #16 on: 31 Aug 2012, 01:48:10 pm

So basically we want to run a club based in Lancs that trains once a week together with no youth developemt or reserves.   

Fact is the local amature teams train together more than a so called semi professional WRFC.

As Don says we will be slaughtered next year.  How on earth does the club expect to have a team with any structure , team spirit running the club on this basis.

I can assure you Featherstone, Halifax keighly and Batley et al  certainly dont run their clubs  on one team session a weak.  Remember reading an article about York where they were training together every morning before work and then three nights a week.  I am sure Featherstone do something similar.

This is the point fitness levels and speed of the Rugby is a lot higher next year we just wont live with it.  This is why we need to clear out those guys who's motivation has dimisnished its a game for young blokes with ambition who want to put the time in to RL ... not fellas who just want to protect their wages go through the motions and get ****ed at the end of it.   
very true hope the bod realise this if they give a s**t
born and bred haven.

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #17 on: 31 Aug 2012, 01:56:37 pm

As Don says we will be slaughtered next year.  How on earth does the cluob expect to have a team with any structure , team spirit running the club on this basis.

very true hope the bod realise this if they give a s**t
We will soon know when they appt new coach..
"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #18 on: 31 Aug 2012, 02:16:14 pm
i honestly think the BOD thought by doing this they would get the full support of the fans , how wrong they are. If correct mr calvin is briefing its a 7 day wonder and will be forgot about, with a lot less wining pay next year and a few 60 point hammerings im sure the same cracks and rifts  will soon appear again,players falling out  etc etc  and the fans will be reminding them why we are in that position and who's fault its is
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline CocoLoco

• Academy Star
Reply #19 on: 31 Aug 2012, 02:27:00 pm

What can WE as supporters do about it?

It's about time Calvin went. Doran (or Tuna to his mates) should go too.

Offline forty twenty

• First Team Backup
Reply #20 on: 31 Aug 2012, 03:15:36 pm
rather ironic sacked by mikey mouse in disneyland .

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #21 on: 31 Aug 2012, 03:45:05 pm
http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/haven/disneyland-nightmare-1.990937?referrerPath=sport/haven

makes it clear what we have to face next season
Now fellow Haven fans, tell mě that this is not the future we want for our club . If Don had been allowed to sort the ill discipline, and establish a thriving reserve grade then next year would have been a more promising prospect. 1 senior player and some week management by BOD has created this situation. Don was very downbeat ať Wembley and now i can fully understand why. 
I hope and pray now that Dave Woods is appointed as coach...
Me too he's wanted to coach us for years

Offline kiss the snake

• Fans Favourite
Reply #22 on: 31 Aug 2012, 03:48:58 pm
He didn't even get a interview last time he applied

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #23 on: 31 Aug 2012, 04:05:48 pm
I thought he did

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #24 on: 31 Aug 2012, 04:15:55 pm
He didn't even get a interview last time he applied
  Nope he certainly never as the big man told me and snakey after the gateshead away game and he definetely wanted it

Offline recrelad

• Academy Star
Reply #25 on: 31 Aug 2012, 05:10:08 pm
I have supported Haven for 30 odd years now but im afraid this is the straw that has broken the camels back. I will not be back down spending my money to give to players who carry on like this! The board should walk over this and alot of players should too. I was not Dons biggest fan but when you realise what has gone on behind the scenes it sickens me to the core!!! :shake: :shake: :shake:

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #26 on: 31 Aug 2012, 05:24:19 pm

What can WE as supporters do about it?

It's about time Calvin went. Doran (or Tuna to his mates) should go too.

There does seem to be something fishy about him
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #27 on: 31 Aug 2012, 05:30:31 pm
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline bomber is god

• Academy Star
Reply #28 on: 31 Aug 2012, 05:52:36 pm
All the best Don , you really were between a rock and a hard place this year,good luck for the future.

Offline splodge99

• Academy Star
Reply #29 on: 31 Aug 2012, 05:55:45 pm