HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

news and star

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #30 on: 31 Aug 2012, 07:30:15 pm
It was obvious all season, certain players were 'doing it their way, and to their own ends'.

Only have to listen to Dons comments after nearly every match, he tried to turn the actions of the 'senior players' into a positive comment when they decided to turn it on and called them off when they were lacklustre, (I chose my words carefully).

Behind the scenes he's obviously tried to sort out the issues, both with the senior players and the BOD. ...with no support.

Poor bloke must have been at his wits end, doing his best with little to no support.

We will never know just how good or indifferent he was, because he was undermined by certain players and poorly supported by the BOD, who by their own admission, never even realised what was going on.

Please god something good comes out of this and Calvin does the honourable thing and walks.................some hope.

Offline denisatesk

• Academy Star
Reply #31 on: 31 Aug 2012, 10:21:29 pm
glad to see don have his say about what has gone on,he has been s**t on from a great hieght by the very people from whom he should have expected full support.
not only have have they let don (and his wife gayle )down,they have let US down the fan's who pay our hard earned money to support haven .
we have a hardcore of fan's probably around 650 who support regulary win or lose,my wife and myself included.
i wonder how many of those fan's feel like me that we are being treated with contempt by certain members of our bod and certain team members
maybe it's time to have a rethink about what to do on a sunday afternoon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ps, thanks for trying don and hope you and your family have a safe journey home  :tip: :tip: :tip:

Online haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #32 on: 31 Aug 2012, 10:36:58 pm
Well said dennis where the paying fans maybe our bod will tell us what there future plans are. But we are back in same position as last season and in a much tougher league. The future looks bleak. Hope the bod can come up with some bright news pretty soon for these fans
born and bred haven.

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #33 on: 01 Sep 2012, 07:58:44 am
and the season before.

Offline Jaypeet

• Academy Star
Reply #34 on: 01 Sep 2012, 10:58:56 am
Potential sponsors must be thinking, no thanks, money better spent elsewhere!!!
God this is a long tunnel...........and its getting longer by the minute!

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #35 on: 01 Sep 2012, 11:20:13 am
A decent coach needs who has good contacts to be found asap and let him pick which players we need not calvin , This player culture as they said needs stopped with the coach and FULL backing of the BOD ( players dont like it np dont let the door hit you on the way out ) the bod should have stopped this shiite attitude long ago. Players need told before they sign they are not bigger than the Club and if they think they are dont bother to sign.

The BOD made themselves look stupid in my eyes with the statement saying : they sacked Don because of player coach conflict, when the 2 things Don was talken on for was promotion and stamp out player culture in which he got one done and wasnt helped with the other!
The BOD need to get a Coach with a good track record and then give him  full backing of getting decent players and let him run the show, showing the team that the BOD and Coach
are a unit working together.
If any of the BOD dont want it this way maybe they need to stand down and let someone better take there place to help move this club forward.
Lets not go threw another groundhog year of the same 3-4 year shiite and lose more fans/ coach.
I think this weeks game will be well down on Fans coming threw the gate and the only way to get them and others back will be the BODs right choices and actions.
Its also ok to do new things like last years season tickets but if they get  the Fans to deliver and pump money into the club the BOD need a big year and for them deliver a great coach with good players to show the fans that Haven are on the up.
Many fans this year will be watching the BODs actions not just there press statements and words!! so its now upto the BOD to show there worth .The Fans need actions not words to get them back threw them gates

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #36 on: 01 Sep 2012, 12:23:42 pm
they want a coach to pick the players he signs but would not let the last one, and whats bets doran is signed for next season before the new coach is in place so he will have that to contend with
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #37 on: 02 Sep 2012, 02:01:36 pm
so where is the money going to come from for an A team, are you lot going to pay it?, we need travellers and can't afford for them to come up twice a week, are you going to pay for that? We are skint and have to deal with what little money we have.  Past BODs have screwed the club financially and seen the fans dwindle with terrible coaching appoitments.

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #38 on: 02 Sep 2012, 06:04:21 pm
so where is the money going to come from for an A team, are you lot going to pay it?, we need travellers and can't afford for them to come up twice a week, are you going to pay for that? We are skint and have to deal with what little money we have.  Past BODs have screwed the club financially and seen the fans dwindle with terrible coaching appoitments.

Past BoD's have screwed nothing up, as we are a new club, who should be carrying no debt. Im sure i read not so long ago how healthy we are as a club, financially.
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #39 on: 02 Sep 2012, 06:10:59 pm
the fact we are a new club, shows how much our past BOD's screwed the club up.  Unless you want to be pedantic.

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #40 on: 02 Sep 2012, 06:15:06 pm
The point is, you are making out that we cannot afford this and that, and talking (or typing) as though we are close to financial ruin.

But apparently we have faired well over the past couple of years, coming in under our budget

If the BoD want more money then it is up to them to bring it in.

It aint rocket science how to do this, but with all the commotion coming out of the club at the minute, how they are planning on bringing in more sponsor, gate and merchandise money is beyond me.
« Last Edit: 02 Sep 2012, 06:36:42 pm by jammy dodger »
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #41 on: 02 Sep 2012, 06:20:01 pm
well if you know the bank balance and how much it is for an A team, and travellers travelling 3 times a week please share it.  The gates this season have been reasonable considering whats been served up on the pitch.  The BOD made a mistake appointing Galior but at least had the sense to get rid of him sooner rather than later, unlike the Rotherham and Stokes debacles.  The play offs will show if these players are up to it and what optimism we can have for next season, because like it or not half the squad will be travellers whether its these ones remains to be seen.

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #42 on: 02 Sep 2012, 06:27:01 pm
If Gailer is so useless as a coach as you make out, then i dont hold much hope for us getting a decent coach, given the comments made by the BoD when Don was picked.#

Im sure i read something along the lines of "As soon as he applied, we new who we wanted".

I remember we used to have an A team when we were lucky to get 600 through the gate, how much has the cost gone up since then??

We should have a reserve team as a pathway for local talent coming through. It is one hell of a step up from local amateur to the championship

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #43 on: 02 Sep 2012, 06:33:46 pm
I agree we should have an A team 100% it would be ideal if the whole squad trained together, but we are in Champ 1 and have to cut our cloth accordingly, there is no doubt the BOD cocked up with coach, but better to admit than flog a dead horse like what happened with DR and GS.

Offline J.D. Raaz

• First Team Backup
Reply #44 on: 02 Sep 2012, 06:34:15 pm
Behavior of past BOD's is irrelevant as to finances. The new Club started with a clean slate and the BOD should have no constraints regarding finances.