HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

news and star

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #45 on: 02 Sep 2012, 06:35:31 pm
I agree we should have an A team 100% it would be ideal if the whole squad trained together, but we are in Champ 1 and have to cut our cloth accordingly, there is no doubt the BOD cocked up with coach, but better to admit than flog a dead horse like what happened with DR and GS.

I aint talking about now, im talking about next season, when we will be back in the championship. No reason why we cannot afford to run with a reserve team then is there
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #46 on: 02 Sep 2012, 06:39:06 pm
I don't know, nobody does, i would love to see one but it would water down first team money can we afford to do that? as relegation is not an option.

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #47 on: 02 Sep 2012, 06:47:43 pm
I don't know, nobody does, i would love to see one but it would water down first team money can we afford to do that? as relegation is not an option.

For me that is too short-termism. How are we going to grow as a club without nurturing local players. They also cost less than a squad half filled with travellers.

Im not against travellers, but they have to be here because they want to play rugby. not just pick up inflated wages.
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #48 on: 02 Sep 2012, 07:38:59 pm

For me that is too short-termism. How are we going to grow as a club without nurturing local players. They also cost less than a squad half filled with travellers.

Im not against travellers, but they have to be here because they want to play rugby. not just pick up inflated wages.

I agree is theory, but we cannot go down next season and we can't hardly budget for 1200 gates. 
An A team is a must for 2 years time, but survival next season is the priority.

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #49 on: 03 Sep 2012, 05:55:56 pm
And an a team must be part of that survival tactics.