HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Doran has to go to signify a clean break .

Boxer · 50 · 1935

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
on: 01 Sep 2012, 08:08:06 pm
Having gone through all we have over the last few days the only way we can square the circle is if Lee Doran move on at the seasons end.  He has zero credibility among the fans now and when the difficult times start next year as they undoubtedly will he will be the devisive individual. 

It would be better for him and the club if he left at the end of this season.  The fans would have confidence that the new coach had a chance of running the team, the Bod would be able to demonstrate they have some spherical items and the fans would at least have a glimmer of a new start.

I don't see this as an alternative to Calvin ...but there is zippo of chance of the old sea dog jumping over board ..it will take a munity to to get rid of him.
« Last Edit: 01 Sep 2012, 08:17:02 pm by Boxer »

Offline the good doctor

• Academy Star
Reply #1 on: 01 Sep 2012, 08:16:26 pm
doran wibe here and will be on top money

Online haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #2 on: 01 Sep 2012, 08:21:15 pm
Doran done a decent job in this easy league for us but I think the money hes on and the trouble hes caused we can surely bring in better quality for same money ie big earner and release the coaching staff
born and bred haven.

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #3 on: 01 Sep 2012, 08:53:53 pm
Plenty of back rowers in the championship better than Doran?  He wouldn't get anywhere near the money he gets from us at Leigh , Swinton of else where.

His multiple roles in the club are devicive.  It shocked me that the travellers refused to sign if the coach didn't change...it sickened me the Bod fell for it.

He has zero credibility with most fans and the only way the club can move forward is without him.

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #4 on: 01 Sep 2012, 09:30:16 pm
On this seasons form, we should hardly be falling over ourselves to resign Doran

Of the current travellers, i would like to see re-sign

Houghton: Stand out forward by a long stretch and still only young
Hemmingway: Playing at no7.
Haggerty: Not the best we have, but definitely committed and determined. Gives his 100% every game
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline CocoLoco

• Academy Star
Reply #5 on: 01 Sep 2012, 09:33:56 pm
Haggerty is the worst forward we've had at the club for years. He couldn't break his way through a wet sheet of Newspaper.

We need a clean slate next season minus Doran.

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #6 on: 01 Sep 2012, 09:36:47 pm
Haggerty is the worst forward we've had at the club for years. He couldn't break his way through a wet sheet of Newspaper.

We need a clean slate next season minus Doran.

Like I said he aint the best, but he is determined.He is certainly better than the Lavulavu and Tunstall we had
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline vaselino

• Academy Star
Reply #7 on: 01 Sep 2012, 09:50:51 pm
Gotta go wid boxer on this. Get shot of the coach so why not get shot of the guy who we think has played a big part in this shambles. Yep hes done ok for us when it suited but there are equally as good players out there.
Problem is a suppose is getting a coach first who can find em.

Offline recre

• First Team Backup
Reply #8 on: 01 Sep 2012, 10:05:04 pm
Gotta go wid boxer on this. Get shot of the coach so why not get shot of the guy who we think has played a big part in this shambles. Yep hes done ok for us when it suited but there are equally as good players out there.
Problem is a suppose is getting a coach first who can find em.

The statement about getting 'shot of the guy who we think has played a big part' says it all really.

Offline Ryan

• First Team Backup
Reply #9 on: 01 Sep 2012, 10:15:15 pm
Boxer i didn't realise your the voice of the fans!!! We still have one league game left and the playoffs to go. Right now we should be getting behind everyone who plays for us from tomorrow until the end of the playoffs. All we can do is let the BOD sort out the future of our new coach and players for next season. As much as i don't like what is going on it's unlikely anything that is said on here will bother the BOD.

Offline recre

• First Team Backup
Reply #10 on: 01 Sep 2012, 10:25:01 pm
As much as i don't like what is going on it's unlikely anything that is said on here will bother the BOD.
If they even look on here or hear anything what's posted on here I'm with you on that (you know I don't normally agree with anything you say  ;)). Ducks back a water off (rearrange into a well known phrase or saying).

By the way we've got to back our first Haven try scorer tomorrow at 25/1 haven't we, surely everything would be fine and dandy on here then  :o :o

Offline Ryan

• First Team Backup
Reply #11 on: 01 Sep 2012, 10:28:31 pm
Haha i'm in shock not sure what to say ???.

Yeah got to put it on, if it comes in everything will be rosy.

Offline recre

• First Team Backup
Reply #12 on: 01 Sep 2012, 10:34:39 pm

If he's got as much influence as some on here think he'll be demanding that the game plan tomorrow will be for him to score all the tries, kick the goals do the half time draw & pick the man of the match so we're on a no lose gamble. I've already spent my winnings  :)  :)

Offline Ryan

• First Team Backup
Reply #13 on: 01 Sep 2012, 10:38:42 pm

If he's got as much influence as some on here think he'll be demanding that the game plan tomorrow will be for him to score all the tries, kick the goals do the half time draw & pick the man of the match so we're on a no lose gamble. I've already spent my winnings  :)  :)

Now you've put it like that got to be worth putting a fiver on him, give him a two year contract and become official chairman/owner of the club. Probably due to be knighted as well.
« Last Edit: 01 Sep 2012, 10:48:43 pm by Ryan Rudd »

Offline recre

• First Team Backup
Reply #14 on: 01 Sep 2012, 10:46:35 pm