HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Doran has to go to signify a clean break .

Boxer · 50 · 1936

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #15 on: 01 Sep 2012, 10:50:51 pm
If the team goes out tomorrow and puts 60+ points on crusaders in champagne style with Doran getting motm everything will soon be forgotten about !!!!

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #16 on: 01 Sep 2012, 10:51:49 pm
Hope so Marra

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #17 on: 02 Sep 2012, 12:09:42 am
If the team goes out tomorrow and puts 60+ points on crusaders in champagne style with Doran getting motm everything will soon be forgotten about !!!!
No it wont, not this time !!!
"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #18 on: 02 Sep 2012, 01:46:12 am
Get rid of one of better forwards we have great shout he carried us last year and this year if you go off stats he won't be far behind Houghton for tackles and carries the guy is a classy player he has scored 2 full lengthens at workington not many back rowers have his turn of speed

• Haven Legend
Reply #19 on: 02 Sep 2012, 10:04:00 am
Fully agree lee is our best forward by a mile and now don has gone lets see if the effort comes back from them all starting today and I'd it does great lets get a new coach sorted fast then if players get funny with anouther coach get rid simples

Offline DJBRYAN

• Academy Star
Reply #20 on: 02 Sep 2012, 10:15:26 am
Git rid noo a say. Could end up in the same state next season if yon superstars undermine the coach again.

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #21 on: 02 Sep 2012, 10:36:16 am
what happens if he doesn't like the new coach,will he regulate his effort again .He was very good last season,this season he has been ok but been a penalty machince.This was something Spencer miller used to get slated for ,at least with Spencer you got 100% effort every game yet our BOD decided he was no longer needed,rather have Spencer than doran .
We now have a situation where players,there agents etc are deciding who should be coach ,when where and how often we will have training and a BOD too scared to stand up to them,i fail to see how anyone can think this is what is best for WRLFC
    One thing that seems to have gone unnoticed is in last nights paper they also said new players we were looking sign for next season were saying they would not come if Don was coach,which other club would act on the basis of players who haven't even played for them yet,also isn't it  breaking RFL rules to talk to players from other clubs before Sept 1st. Our BOD realy covered themselves in glory over this one
« Last Edit: 02 Sep 2012, 10:52:06 am by brett kinghams mullet »
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #22 on: 02 Sep 2012, 01:11:29 pm
thort the new coach would be a big part in picking the team also marra

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #23 on: 02 Sep 2012, 07:29:47 pm
what happens if he doesn't like the new coach,will he regulate his effort again .He was very good last season,this season he has been ok but been a penalty machince.This was something Spencer miller used to get slated for ,at least with Spencer you got 100% effort every game yet our BOD decided he was no longer needed,rather have Spencer than doran .
We now have a situation where players,there agents etc are deciding who should be coach ,when where and how often we will have training and a BOD too scared to stand up to them,i fail to see how anyone can think this is what is best for WRLFC
    One thing that seems to have gone unnoticed is in last nights paper they also said new players we were looking sign for next season were saying they would not come if Don was coach,which other club would act on the basis of players who haven't even played for them yet,also isn't it  breaking RFL rules to talk to players from other clubs before Sept 1st. Our BOD realy covered themselves in glory over this one

You and your 2 brothers need to get your heads out of dons backside seriously you slated people on here in the past for not supporting the club about time you got over it nothing anyone can do its happened now live with it christ sake

Online spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #24 on: 02 Sep 2012, 07:33:12 pm
Whether dons dismissal was fair or not its time to move on and build for next season and lee doran as gotta be one of the 1st players we sign back on whatever people think of him he,s still class at this level

• Haven Legend
Reply #25 on: 02 Sep 2012, 07:38:30 pm
hes still class at champ level marra

Offline Martin

• First Team Backup
Reply #26 on: 02 Sep 2012, 08:13:14 pm
So lets suppose that someone from Australia or New Zealand applies for the job, someone with calibre of a Stan Martin or even dare I say Ged Stokes (when he was interested).

Given Lee's recent Tweet do the BOD assume he won't approve and dismiss any application from an antipodean, so that they don't upset him ?

For me he arrived with a huge reputation, he was going to our leader on the field but so far he hasn't lived up to the billing, last year he was better than this but hardly set the world alight. He seems to pick his games and only gives 100 % when the moon and stars are in right allignment or something. Ok he doesn't get on with the coach but it was up to him to do what Rooney aparantly did the other week, show some leadership.

If you think about it is he really someone that could take on the mantle of an Aaron Lester or David Seeds (I know we were spoilt when we had them) and deserves that level of respect from fans, players and the BOD ...... I am not so sure !

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #27 on: 02 Sep 2012, 10:22:53 pm
Doran is not in the same Galaxy as Lester or Seeds , Fats Broadbent for that matter.

Can ypu imagine them getting up to these antics

• Haven Legend
Reply #28 on: 02 Sep 2012, 10:24:25 pm
No I can't boxer but I don't think u realise of have seen how good the guy is he is the heart of our team

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #29 on: 02 Sep 2012, 10:43:07 pm

You and your 2 brothers need to get your heads out of dons backside seriously you slated people on here in the past for not supporting the club about time you got over it nothing anyone can do its happened now live with it christ sake
I still support the club was there today, you can support a club without agreeing with everything that goes on.You stick to listing every player under the sun that could do a job for us and defending anything and everything.I have moved on not about Don anymore, its the new coach I feel sorry for now he has to try to sort out this unholy mess
THE MULLET IS BACK