HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Matty Bull

Offline Tommygun

• First Team Backup
Reply #120 on: 26 Sep 2012, 01:25:32 pm
could get messy this seems haven think they have him signed and town think they have him signed,thing is if he had signed for us then changed his mind and signed for town .

He couldn't have possibly signed for us, not officially anyway. Players can not sign a contract with a new club until 30th November when all current contracts expire (RFL Operational Rule C1.1.11) unless they have been released by their old club. He might have agreed something unofficially but definitely won't have signed for us as such.

Offline Gerry

• Academy Signing
Reply #121 on: 26 Sep 2012, 01:26:42 pm
After approaching Whitehaven himself the man signed a 2 year deal with them,Workington then offered him a 3 year deal which he has also signed.Whitehaven claim he is signed to them ,while workington are claiming an illegal approach.I don't think he has covered himself in glory with this one.
is this a FACT?

Offline Tommygun

• First Team Backup
Reply #122 on: 26 Sep 2012, 01:29:40 pm
After approaching Whitehaven himself the man signed a 2 year deal with them,Workington then offered him a 3 year deal which he has also signed.Whitehaven claim he is signed to them ,while workington are claiming an illegal approach.I don't think he has covered himself in glory with this one.

He is contracted to Workington until 30th November (as are our players to us - its a prescribed RFL rule) and, unless they released him from that contract, then he could not sign a contract with us until 1st December. So if you are right, and personally I think you're talking rubbish, then we could be in trouble for approaching a player still under contract.

FWIW, I was told that he had agreed terms with us (but not signed a contract, as above) but we cocked up by not getting it registered with the RFL that we had a pre-contract agreement with him. If we had registered it with the RFL we would have a case but as we forgot to do so then we don't have a leg to stand on. Another cock up by our BOD I'm afraid.
« Last Edit: 26 Sep 2012, 01:39:32 pm by Tommygun »

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #123 on: 26 Sep 2012, 02:26:27 pm
1st Seeptember is the date that you can sign for other clubs like wiper , haggerty to barrow and bracek going from barrow to fax 

Offline DonkeyParker

• Academy Star
Reply #124 on: 26 Sep 2012, 02:44:14 pm
1st Seeptember is the date that you can sign for other clubs like wiper , haggerty to barrow and bracek going from barrow to fax.

That might be the case, but his Town contract doesn't expire until 30th November and they were quite within their rights to offer him another contract.

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #125 on: 26 Sep 2012, 02:47:26 pm
Town offerred three years as opposed to Haven two.  Not sure we dont have an enforceable  contract mind ...but whats the point?

Would never have bothered personally.  He was the only one to deserted the club when we went under despite been paid well in the good times along with Mcvoy, Calvert, Spencer, Rudd et al who stuck by the club .  He chased the cash then ...only disappointing thing is we didnt learn our lesson... lepeord doesnt change their spots.   

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #126 on: 26 Sep 2012, 02:54:30 pm
Allegedly approach to Haven before the 1st of Sept but signed after 1st of Sept.    Change of heart came with Towns three year deal ££££

Offline DonkeyParker

• Academy Star
Reply #127 on: 26 Sep 2012, 02:59:09 pm
Town offerred three years as opposed to Haven two.  Not sure we dont have an enforceable  contract mind ...but whats the point?

Would never have bothered personally.  He was the only one to deserted the club when we went under despite been paid well in the good times along with Mcvoy, Calvert, Spencer, Rudd et al who stuck by the club .  He chased the cash then ...only disappointing thing is we didnt learn our lesson... lepeord doesnt change their spots.

Boxer, you seem to have forgotten Haven failed to honour his contract 2 years ago, that's why he left, he didn't desert the club.

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #128 on: 26 Sep 2012, 02:59:35 pm
Allegedly approach to Haven before the 1st of Sept but signed after 1st of Sept.    Change of heart came with Towns three year deal ££££
  A lot can happen in 3 years though as we know poor form = poor crowds = cash problems who knows what position town will be in in 3 years no speedway aswell

Offline Tommygun

• First Team Backup
Reply #129 on: 26 Sep 2012, 03:29:41 pm
1st Seeptember is the date that you can sign for other clubs like wiper , haggerty to barrow and bracek going from barrow to fax

No, 1st September is the date that players can talk to other clubs from but can not actually sign a contract until 1st December unless given permission by their current club. They can sign a pre-contract agreement, a kind of statement of intent, but not an actual full contract. I think you'll find that we still have to pay Wiper & Haggerty until 30th November as they are contracted to us until then.

And, as I said, we have completely cocked things up in this matter. Matty agreed a pre-contract with us but we did not register it with the RFL as we were meant to do and, so I am told, we also made the basic schoolboy error of not putting any date on the document which invalidates it anyway !

Offline haven warrior

• First Team Regular
Reply #130 on: 26 Sep 2012, 04:03:58 pm

Boxer, you seem to have forgotten Haven failed to honour his contract 2 years ago, that's why he left, he didn't desert the club.

So why approach them then. ????
Winners MAKE it happen, losers LET it happen!

robstone

Reply #131 on: 26 Sep 2012, 04:06:30 pm
i dont know why we dont just post on towns forum as they are just running back there and putting their own made up version of this topic on there.tommygun has summed it up perfectly, end of really.

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #132 on: 26 Sep 2012, 04:16:56 pm
lock the thread and move on hes signed for town, good luck to the lad