HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

(alleged ) Ilegal betting...cheers Keith

Boxer · 42 · 2866

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
on: 03 Sep 2012, 02:14:05 pm
Investigation into betteing in the Town v gatehead game possible .  Think the topic on the Town forum misses the point.  Its not the result or the handicap under investigation but whom the bets were placed by.  Suspect video footage from the bookies will clear things up.  Hope it has no foundation.     
« Last Edit: 03 Sep 2012, 07:23:11 pm by Boxer »

Offline forty twenty

• First Team Backup
Reply #1 on: 03 Sep 2012, 02:46:09 pm
i would not bet on it . :-[

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #2 on: 03 Sep 2012, 03:11:49 pm
If any of the local players have had a bet on the match, no matter which club they play for, then they deserve what will come their way.    I don't believe for one minute that that is the case and it is a case of the bookies, for once, didn't do their homework re. Town only having 15 players including some that we haven't seen for months to make up the numbers.
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

robstone

Reply #3 on: 03 Sep 2012, 03:27:42 pm
i also heard 4 names that play  in blue and white having had hefty bets on them getting beat placing there bets in workington betting shops.the players involved should get lengthy bans as the rfl and the betting  industry are investigating.
« Last Edit: 03 Sep 2012, 05:41:49 pm by robstone »

Offline random2

• Academy Star
Reply #4 on: 03 Sep 2012, 03:42:30 pm
Can't believe even rugby players are stupid enough to go into a Workington bookies to place such a bet - not when you can do it all online now or go to another town where you won't be known.

robstone

Reply #5 on: 03 Sep 2012, 03:54:10 pm
rumour had it that the counter lady in the bookies is a haven fan who is assisting the rfl with names.

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #6 on: 03 Sep 2012, 04:02:26 pm
Match should be investigated anyway.............and action should be taken against town, a team is 17 players who are fit to play, otherwise what's to stop any rugby team  fielding a bare bones outfit with no subs.

Also, if so much money was being bet, be it rugby players or not, some one in the know MUST have put it about as a safe bet, or as they are  saying in Workington.......''buying money of the bookies at a knock down price''.

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #7 on: 03 Sep 2012, 04:10:00 pm
Think the rules are you cant bet on your own team.  But not sure there is anything that says a Haven player couldnt bet on a Town match. 

If a Town player has placed a bet apart from being illegal he deserves flogging for being so stupid as to do it himself after all thats gone on here and in Aus in this regard.

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #8 on: 03 Sep 2012, 04:54:10 pm
Heard a few players mentioned from town that had. Bet on the game big money aswell

Offline CocoLoco

• Academy Star
Reply #9 on: 03 Sep 2012, 04:59:42 pm

Whats going on round here at the moment?

Its going from bad to worse!

As much as i enjoy our rivalry with Town i sincerley hope this rumour is a load of rubbish otherwise West Cumbrian RL will be dragged through the mud.

The national press will be all over this story like a rash if it is indeed true.

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #10 on: 03 Sep 2012, 05:14:19 pm
You will all be rushing to give these names to the investigation no doubt???    No, I thought not.    I heard that all the bets were placed by Haven players after being told the Town team whilst Town players were travelling on the bus!!!    I might be wrong though.   :o :o :o

Shouldn't the heading for this thread be "alleged" illegal betting unless Boxer knows something as a fact!!!!
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

ca28

Reply #11 on: 03 Sep 2012, 05:21:06 pm
Surely this post needs locked or removed. There is a case for liable action against a certain poster if it is left to continue.

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #12 on: 03 Sep 2012, 05:52:38 pm
Why its in the RL express not names have been mentioned its a fact it's being investigates nobody has said names.

larlad

Reply #13 on: 03 Sep 2012, 05:57:26 pm
also if the woman in the shop knew the players ,and still took the bets for them to lose she also is in trouble

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #14 on: 03 Sep 2012, 06:02:16 pm
also if the woman in the shop knew the players ,and still took the bets for them to lose she also is in trouble
Yer wife will sort you out on that one larlad she knows the law inside out doesn't she.