yes shes always right  :witch:

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #16 on: 03 Sep 2012, 07:07:59 pm
Well that's ok then.

Offline kingkenny

• Academy Star
Reply #17 on: 03 Sep 2012, 07:15:22 pm

Whats going on round here at the moment?

Its going from bad to worse!

As much as i enjoy our rivalry with Town i sincerley hope this rumour is a load of rubbish otherwise West Cumbrian RL will be dragged through the mud.

The national press will be all over this story like a rash if it is indeed true.

It was dragged through the mud when haven went bust then started up again free of debt

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #18 on: 03 Sep 2012, 07:22:20 pm
I find it hard to believe its true simply because I think it would be beyond stupid even for a Whitehaven or Workington player to walk into. Betting shop and place a bet on a Town game.

Town players def can't do and I am not sure if Haven players are allowed or not but the risks are just to great to make it worth while.

If the story was they had gotten someone to do it for them , then I could understand but they just wouldn't do it themselves unless they needed a brain transplant.

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #19 on: 03 Sep 2012, 09:19:12 pm

Whats going on round here at the moment?

Its going from bad to worse!

As much as i enjoy our rivalry with Town i sincerley hope this rumour is a load of rubbish otherwise West Cumbrian RL will be dragged through the mud.

The national press will be all over this story like a rash if it is indeed true.

It was dragged through the mud when haven went bust then started up again free of debt

Yawn...this old chesnut again.

Tell me KK, did Towns creditors get 100% of their monies owed, when Town went into administration?
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #20 on: 03 Sep 2012, 10:05:12 pm
rumour had it that the counter lady in the bookies is a haven fan who is assisting the rfl with names.
this another one of your FACTS? still waiting for you to back your FACTS claim on another post, but i'm not holding my breath
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #21 on: 03 Sep 2012, 10:10:02 pm

Tell me KK, did Towns creditors get 100% of their monies owed, when Town went into administration?

I think I can answer that one JD.   No, not 100% but it took 7 years of paying back under a Creditors Voluntary Agreement to get clear from administration, not 7 days!!!!!!!    And, for a couple of years we did not receive any Sky money because we were in administration.
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #22 on: 03 Sep 2012, 10:16:44 pm

I think I can answer that one JD.   No, not 100% but it took 7 years of paying back under a Creditors Voluntary Agreement to get clear from administration, not 7 days!!!!!!!    And, for a couple of years we did not receive any Sky money because we were in administration.

Fully aware Keith of what went on, and the lengths Town took to repay the agreed amount with your creditors. I just find it pointless bringing all this up again and again, when after poor financial management your club also left people out of pocket.

The people in control of Haven at the time, decided to take a different route, the same which many hundreds if not thousadns have taken in the past 5 years alone. I commend the Town BoD for taking their approach, but for god's sake aint it time to let all this go??!!

Back on topic, i seriously hope that these allegations are unfounded, after what has been, in the main, a decent season for West Cumbrian RL
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

robstone

Reply #23 on: 03 Sep 2012, 10:22:11 pm
rumour had it that the counter lady in the bookies is a haven fan who is assisting the rfl with names.
this another one of your FACTS? still waiting for you to back your FACTS claim on another post, but i'm not holding my breath
i know the facts regarding dons downfall but choose not to post them on here as regards the betting scandal that was just a rumour going round the ground yesterday one which i never claimed to be fact.when you find the real truth behind dons sacking let me know and we,ll swap notes to prove im right.

Offline Tommygun

• First Team Backup
Reply #24 on: 03 Sep 2012, 10:24:53 pm
Heard a few players mentioned from town that had. Bet on the game big money aswell

So you'll happily name them then ?

There's some rubbish talked on here, mostly from folk who like to pretend they are "in the know" about stuff to big themselves up and feel important. Mostly they haven't a clue.

Offline Tommygun

• First Team Backup
Reply #25 on: 03 Sep 2012, 10:25:57 pm
i also heard 4 names that play  in blue and white having had hefty bets on them getting beat placing there bets in workington betting shops.the players involved should get lengthy bans as the rfl and the betting  industry are investigating.

CHOCCY ALERT.......CHOCCY ALERT........CHOCCY ALERT........

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #26 on: 03 Sep 2012, 10:28:42 pm
i know the facts regarding dons downfall but choose not to post them on here as regards the betting scandal that was just a rumour going round the ground yesterday one which i never claimed to be fact.when you find the real truth behind dons sacking let me know and we,ll swap notes to prove im right.
Pray tell young man!!! See how it compares to Dons version
"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA

Offline IceMan

• Academy Star
Reply #27 on: 04 Sep 2012, 08:18:53 am
 :what?!:

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #28 on: 04 Sep 2012, 09:48:18 pm

neil, there isnt a cat in hell's chance he will put his money where his mouth is, and will hide behind his pretence of being commendable by not airing dirty laundry in public.

if he really knew the reasons and believed all who are behind don would change their opinions then he would print them............ there is obviously a reason as to why we aren't being given his words of wisdom  :tip:

robstone, i like most people on here have heard differing versions of why and how it came about, so why dont you enlighten us as you seem to be the only person in the world who "knows the truth"?

as i have said previously i wont hold my breath
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #29 on: 04 Sep 2012, 10:05:54 pm

neil, there isnt a cat in hell's chance he will put his money where his mouth is, and will hide behind his pretence of being commendable by not airing dirty laundry in public.

if he really knew the reasons and believed all who are behind don would change their opinions then he would print them............ there is obviously a reason as to why we aren't being given his words of wisdom  :tip:

robstone, i like most people on here have heard differing versions of why and how it came about, so why dont you enlighten us as you seem to be the only person in the world who "knows the truth"?

as i have said previously i wont hold my breath
I suspect he is too busy preparing for his player scouting role  ::)
"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA