HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Stay aways

Offline AllezHaven

• First Team Backup
on: 07 Sep 2012, 02:49:29 pm
I know of several marras who have issues with the club some petty some more deep seated and personal. I've supported the club since 1952 when I was 10 yrs old. I started my support on my own with no tradition in the family as my parents were cockneys.
There have been many times over the years when I could have severed my links  both due to very bad performances on the field and personal bad treatment by club officials but my heart has always ruled my head and I've kept the faith.
I feel that some so called dyed in the rule supporters have had personal agendas that have got in the way real support.
It's time that next season all these blockS to going to at least a few or all of home to be put aside as next season could do or die. The thought of relegation haunts me as I think it will the death of the club and cause the rise of the old enemy and the ghost of mergement.
So come on you stay aways YOUR CLUB NEEDS YOU
Allez haven

Been supporting Haven since Gus Risman stood on my new mac. My ma gave me hell!

robstone

Reply #1 on: 07 Sep 2012, 03:06:29 pm
is there relegation next season in championship ?

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #2 on: 07 Sep 2012, 03:23:03 pm
is there relegation next season in championship ?

YES
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline AllezHaven

• First Team Backup
Reply #3 on: 07 Sep 2012, 03:24:13 pm
If there isn't there should be . We can't bleat on about lack of promotion and relegation from Super league without our own . Hypocrosy rules EH!
Allez haven

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #4 on: 07 Sep 2012, 03:24:59 pm
We used to have a great following better than barrow and that's saying summet where has everyone gone

Offline AllezHaven

• First Team Backup
Reply #5 on: 07 Sep 2012, 03:35:42 pm
That's just what I have been saying. I'll give you one example of a stayaway A mate of mine stopped because of Stokes then Dick Razz and then ahs got out of the habit. Got him there for the cup game as the two ameteur games but he still doesn't go. Can't hold his hand from Huddersfield!!! 

To and to my above post what the hell have rochdale et al got to play for in the future?
Allez haven

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #6 on: 07 Sep 2012, 03:52:38 pm

To and to my above post what the hell have rochdale et al got to play for in the future?

Promotion
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline random2

• Academy Star
Reply #7 on: 07 Sep 2012, 04:29:54 pm
How come people stay away because of "Stokes", "Raaz", "the stadium fiasco" yet nobody says " I don't go any more because to be honest, the rugby is a bit crap, playing crap teams and I've got better things to do on a Sunday afternoon" ??

I'll start you off. I don't go for those reasons, plus in my case football has always been a higher priority (I have a ST at a prem. lge club). I've watched Whitehaven since early 80's when I was about 10 years old and I've been to more matches than your average bloke in the area and seen a few highlights (Cas game actually "winning" the league was the highlight as most of the other highlights were "brave defeats" along with winning at first division Wakefield in a cup game in mid 80's.)

I also do not agree with the structure of Super League but I take an interest because Whitehaven is my home town team. If it was not I can honestly say it wouldn't break my heart never to watch another game of rugby. So there you go, the thoughts of a stay away fan.
« Last Edit: 07 Sep 2012, 04:32:29 pm by random2 »

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #8 on: 09 Sep 2012, 11:35:21 am
People will always follow a winning team. Look at our gates a few years back when we won the league. We must have averaged about 2500. Against Cas we had 6000 although alot were away fans that day.

Another problem is many fans have become dissolutioned about our game. No chance of promotion to sl. RL appears to have become corrupt. Fast tracking teams into SL at the expense of teams with decades of RL tradition. That's why many have turned their backs on the game sadly  :uhoh:

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #9 on: 09 Sep 2012, 11:41:21 am
It's time we got that winning team back starting now to get the crowds up for next year with a great play off campaign

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #10 on: 09 Sep 2012, 12:45:08 pm
Winning games will bring "glory fans" back

Producing exciting, committed Rugby will bring the fans back also

To back that last statement up, we won nearly all games under Rotherham, yet the crowds declined. That is because we had a team, half-full of travelling players, playing a more boring gameplan of RL.

The stats/truth is out there for all to see

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #11 on: 09 Sep 2012, 07:50:45 pm
601 today. All I can say is a pathetic effort by all. Current bod haven't got a clue how to advertise a game. A play off game should bring in the fans but it didn't. Defo need to bring people with fresh ideas

Offline HAVEN 17

• Academy Signing
  • You know what they say about a Man with big hands
Reply #12 on: 10 Sep 2012, 12:48:43 am
We used to have a great following better than barrow and that's saying summet where has everyone gone

Same place our went, AWOL :'(
Officially the worst Pro side in Cumbria are Whitehaven :(

How things change.

Offline blah blah

• Academy Signing
Reply #13 on: 10 Sep 2012, 12:54:17 am
601 today. All I can say is a pathetic effort by all. Current bod haven't got a clue how to advertise a game. A play off game should bring in the fans but it didn't. Defo need to bring people with fresh ideas
people would rather sit and slag folk off on a computer than pay 12 quid to watch the team :witch:

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #14 on: 10 Sep 2012, 09:00:17 am
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good