HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Duffy to Leigh ???

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
on: 06 Apr 2007, 07:02:14 pm
Put  the  radio  on  after  the  game  and  Cox  was  interviewing  Abraham's.

Abrahams  made  a  comment  about  Duffy  playing  for  Leigh.  John  Cox  said  he  wasn't  going  anywhere  but  I've  heard  from  source  Duffy's  wife  isn't  happy  with  him  playing  up  here  especially  after  just  giving  birth.

Lets  hope  there's  no  truth  in  it.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #1 on: 06 Apr 2007, 07:12:30 pm
no chance

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
Reply #2 on: 06 Apr 2007, 07:20:32 pm
Was listening to Radio Cumbria too on the way home from the match and heard Darren Abraham sound rather smug about knowing something about Duffy and a return to Leigh?

Was it just a ploy by Abraham to smooth over their demise at the hands our lads today?

John Cox was quick to dispel what Abraham had just said.  A tad worrying me thinks?
๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’› Whitehaven RLFC ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’›

popularsider

Reply #3 on: 06 Apr 2007, 07:53:53 pm
must admit i heard the same thing and heard it wasnt just duffy that would be going back heard rob jackson was off back there aswell

but even so duffy signed a 2 year deal last year wich ties him into 2008 so surely leigh would have to pay us for him???

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #4 on: 06 Apr 2007, 08:08:40 pm
I  was  surprised  Rob  jackson  didn't  feature  today  unless  DR  is  saving  him  for  the  Leigh  game.

Offline gushaven

• First Team Regular
    • Kells A.R.L.F.C.
Reply #5 on: 06 Apr 2007, 08:10:28 pm
Well he done nowt for me today :P
Success is like a fart.
It only bothers people when it is not their own!

popularsider

Reply #6 on: 06 Apr 2007, 08:17:27 pm
rob jackson is stil injured with his back but should be ok for monday along with marc jackson

if duffy did go young bainbridge could step in !

but it would be a shame if JD did go

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #7 on: 06 Apr 2007, 09:04:16 pm
dont think he will hes very happy up here

Offline kells/haven

• Academy Star
Reply #8 on: 06 Apr 2007, 09:24:12 pm
Well he done nowt for me today :P
agree with you there marra i would of rather it of been bamber in the no7 today. dunno how duffy managed to get the MOM

popularsider

Reply #9 on: 06 Apr 2007, 09:30:34 pm
duffy put out some nice passes his defence was excellent  and he has a good side step on him agreed he shouldnt have been man of the match fletch or maden should have got that
but john hasnt played for 2 weeks we wil see how he plays monday that should tell us if he wants to go back there

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #10 on: 06 Apr 2007, 10:43:02 pm
Duffy  is  a  better  player  than  Bamber  for  me.  That  doesn't  mean  to  say  though  bamber  won't  be  better.  He's  a  young  lad and  needs  time.  Maybe  in  a  few  years  he  might  be  better  than  Duffy...... who  knows.

As  for  MOTM  you  could  have  picked  6  or7.  Most  had  a  good  game.  Rudd  played  well  as  did  Eilbeck  and  Maden.  Fletch  again  was  superb.  Same  goes  for  matty  and  Sice.

Good  to  see  Lester  rolling  back  the  years  as  well.  What  a  performer  ;)
« Last Edit: 06 Apr 2007, 10:46:00 pm by whitehavenRLforever »

Offline Dogs

• Academy Signing
Reply #11 on: 06 Apr 2007, 10:54:25 pm
You're right about Lester.

Those calling for him to be dropped should watch the video of today's game. We lost all shape and direction when he went off and only regained it 20 minutes into the second half when he came back on.

The 'Duffy to Leigh' nonsense was explained quite a while after the original interview.

Abram was doing a 'wind-up' apparently.

« Last Edit: 07 Apr 2007, 08:41:44 am by Dogs »

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #12 on: 06 Apr 2007, 11:49:35 pm
Agree  with  you  there  Dogs.  Lester  played his  best  game  his  season.  He  may  not  have  the  pace but  he  has  it  upstairs.  I  just  hope  if  he  stays  injury  clear  he  might  just  give  it  another  season.  His  shear  presence  on  the  field  gives  the  lads  a  lift.

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #13 on: 07 Apr 2007, 11:53:28 am
see it when he bust hes head open and just ran back into defence haha :D thats a true rugby league player there my mate who was with us (doesnt really watch rugby) was saying after lester had been on the floor "does he not have to go off the pitch now" i just said its not football and kept watching the game ;D
haven till i die

popularsider

Reply #14 on: 07 Apr 2007, 12:12:48 pm
please stay JOHN DUFFY  ;D