HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

The seasons over so what's happening with the new stand thread???

Offline Jaypeet

• Academy Star
Good coach, good, team, good season.......but now its all over for another year.

The focus now must be on the new stand.  The last official thing I remember being said was that it was in the design/planning stage, but that was about two months ago.  Would be nice if we could have an update from someone?

The new stand will be vital if we want to progress further.  A new stand with good facilities will bring in more fans and money to the club.
God this is a long tunnel...........and its getting longer by the minute!

Offline mr hopefull

• First Team Backup
  • off we go-- come on haven-- come on haven
heard one of the directors saying only 1 week ago it should be complete for next july

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
when will work be starting on the stand?
haven till i die

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
it should be started now

havenchamps2005

work should start now only game on there now is copeland u18s. work will proberly begin after the haven town game at xmas but i would start now

Offline Haven Crazy

• First Team Backup
  • Is tho in yan? Is tho in yan? oohoo
What we all need to remember is that its not only our BOD that sorts out the development of our new stand its the council too!! I think we need to start getting on their backs. Lets get writing to the Haven News maybe saying something like "We have had a fantastic season again but nows the time we need to start work on our stand, the businesses and people of Whitehaven should be pulling together to enable that everything does go ahead and that we will be accepted into Super League next year" I know that it really is the BOD and the Clubs job to get things started buts I think its the likes of Elaine Woodburn and co that is slowing things down.

Super League would be fantastic for our town, imagine a match days at home when the town is full of visitors looking for places to eat and drink. Whitehaven don't have a professional football team as such so everyone should be getting behind the team and club now and make sure things happen!!!!!
Can't stand Jam, eh!

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
I  hate  being  pessimistic  but  its  a  case  of  I'll  beleive  it  when  I  see  it.  Its  become  such  a  long  running  saga  that  I'm  almost  at  the  point  of  thinking  it  will  never  happen. 

If  it  ever  does  get  off  the  ground  lets  hope  they  take  a  leaf  out  of  Widnes's  book  and  build  a  stand  something  similar  to  what  they  have.  Having  a  large  bar  area  under  the  stands  with  SKY  sports   and  food  available  is  a  great  idea.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
have the same stand as we were in on sunday but half the size which is about 1,000 seats but wont this reduce the capacity of the popular side if it was up to me id put the stand at the railway end

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Before anything could be built there needs to be sufficient money to do the job.   I haven't seen it announced anywhere that the funding package has been put together, so has it?
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline Bransty Lad

• Academy Star
I'm sure that its voting time next May. By then it will be very clear if the promise from the council that the stand will done by the End of June/beginning of July is going to be kept. If we make it clear now, that the current councils votes will be lost if  the job is not done, I'm sure they will do something about it. I definitely won't be voting my local councilor if it isn't going to be complete.

If we had got to the grand final all the councilors would be in the Whitehaven news wishing the team all the very best and how proud they are To be associated with the club, as was the case last season. Well proud councilors this the time to show your proud support and give the club the ground they require and deserve.

Offline Haven Crazy

• First Team Backup
  • Is tho in yan? Is tho in yan? oohoo
 ;D ;D ;D  Spot on now lets all get emailing the Whitehaven News and make our voices heard right across the town!
Can't stand Jam, eh!

Offline haven4eva

• Academy Signing
Gotta get things moving and show the RFL we mean business this time
We're the pride of Cumbria!!