HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

And the new coach is...........?

Offline recrelad

• Academy Star
Reply #45 on: 15 Sep 2012, 06:02:54 pm
Seedsy and Gary new coaches remember where you heard it!!!! ;) ;)

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #46 on: 15 Sep 2012, 06:15:58 pm
Right choice in my view.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #47 on: 15 Sep 2012, 06:20:40 pm
thats the easy option but were talking whitehaven bod  :o :o :o :o
born and bred haven.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #48 on: 15 Sep 2012, 06:21:21 pm
Very happy haven legends two of the very very best there IMO

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #49 on: 15 Sep 2012, 06:23:09 pm
Good choice well respected lets hope they get the players they want if true

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #50 on: 15 Sep 2012, 06:29:47 pm
Haven94 ...I am not sure it's fair to call Broadbent and Seeds the easy option.

Never have two players displayed the qualitys the club desperately needs more than these two.

The idea of two coaches is sensible in my view particularly in a club where there is to much player power.

They may lack some experience but they have enough knowledge between them to do a very good job.

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #51 on: 15 Sep 2012, 06:30:20 pm

Two legends, but unfortunately it will mean no change of culture, we needed a new coach, with a full change in the back room staff also, too move the club on.

Usual cheap and easy option.

HW

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #52 on: 15 Sep 2012, 06:32:36 pm
Seed and Broady had probably the best attitude of any player to wear the Whitehaven shirt in the last 30 years why do you think they would not require the same from the players they coach.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #53 on: 15 Sep 2012, 06:37:11 pm
They will demand respect and make them give 100 % every game otherwise they'll be told to get lost they both no what it takes in terms of professionalism and effort so bring it on if true I for one am very happy with that choice

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #54 on: 15 Sep 2012, 06:38:18 pm
Haven94 ...I am not sure it's fair to call Broadbent and Seeds the easy option.

Never have two players displayed the qualitys the club desperately needs more than these two.

The idea of two coaches is sensible in my view particularly in a club where there is to much player power.

They may lack some experience but they have enough knowledge between them to do a very good job.
why not boxer seedsy walked away at tough times for us great lad yes but left and could of stayed and helped don out. i understand why he left and gary b does he want to come im not sure. get yourself to the donkey drome sunday boxer we will be there behind the sticks give the radio a miss marra.
born and bred haven.

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #55 on: 15 Sep 2012, 06:40:08 pm
They will demand respect and make them give 100 % every game otherwise they'll be told to get lost they both no what it takes in terms of professionalism and effort so bring it on if true I for one am very happy with that choice

Don wanted 100% effort, but didn't get the backing from the BODs, unless the training situation is sorted with the travelling brigade, nothing will change.

Maybe GB, will take training at Forton services 😄

HW

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #56 on: 15 Sep 2012, 06:40:52 pm
Think this is a great appointment, both live on the doorstep and are nobodys yes men. Broady could be a key factor in players from barrow playing there rugby up here. To question their grip on the culture is bull, seedsy is one ov the only coaches in present years yer can here barking instructions on the popular side.

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #57 on: 15 Sep 2012, 06:43:19 pm
Aaron lester was another great team leader/player with great attitude

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #58 on: 15 Sep 2012, 06:50:20 pm
Agree re Lester it would  have been great to keep involved but he is not really interested anymore.  Don't think he even goes to the occasional game.

Haven 94 I agree entirely re Don he was not supportted by Bod or players and I certainly advocated Seeds assisting him.  It would have been a huge help to the bloke. However not sure you can hold that against Seeds.

Seeds left for two reasons one he wanted a break from continual rugby and secondly he told board there needed to be a change of culture and he was to soon retired.

That second problem still exists but between them I think the two fellas will tackle the problem.

It also give local lads like Brocky and Watson a chance to join Haven and build a new team.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #59 on: 15 Sep 2012, 06:53:52 pm
lets leave it simple i want a coach who wants to coach a team at whitehaven i want a team who wants to play and train at whitehaven ok we need some travellers and quality in this league i dont doudt this. let the new coach run this team and make his mark on it and not player power or bod interfering good luck to the new coach i will be with you all the way as will most haven fans.
born and bred haven.