HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

"An Evening with Gary Schofield"

Offline Havendiehard

• Academy Signing
on: 18 Mar 2013, 07:00:35 pm
Haven Horizon present "An Evening with Gary Schofield" on Friday 3rd May at
7.30pm in the National Westminster Wine Bar, Lowther Street, Whitehaven.

MC for the evening will be Vice President's Des Byrne and Special Guests are
"The Bitches of Eastwick" . Included in the price of £25 is a two course meal.

Tickets for this event are expected to sell out very quickly – please contact
any member of Haven Horizon for more information.

Offline Rossy

• Academy Signing
Reply #1 on: 24 Mar 2013, 07:59:22 pm
Well Done  to all those who have bought tickets but this is now
 SOLD OUT !
Thank you for your support

Offline J.D. Raaz

• First Team Backup
Reply #2 on: 24 Mar 2013, 09:36:03 pm
Sold out? In less than a week? Just impressive. Well done to Horizon and Haven's incredible fans.

What is even more impressive is watching Haven Horizon and the Vice-President's Club support each others events. A very good sign for continued success.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #3 on: 25 Mar 2013, 09:05:51 am
well done and good luck with this
born and bred haven.

Offline kiss the snake

• Fans Favourite
Reply #4 on: 25 Mar 2013, 10:56:01 am
Yep well done to all at Haven Horizon

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #5 on: 25 Mar 2013, 01:15:22 pm
1 question.............why wasn't this held at the ground. Surely a packed clubhouse would have brought in much needed revenue through bar sales ??

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #6 on: 25 Mar 2013, 04:47:15 pm
from what I hear it was a bit of help from Mr.Tomlinson at the westminster cafe who is a personal friend of Garry that got the ball rolling. How nice to see ex players doing a bit to help. But does "everything" have to be at the ground? I know it generates bar sales but sometimes thinking a little bit "outside the box" to use a modern term of phrase isn't a bad thing and if it creates a demand, if it generates a good profit and fosters cross communication between the club and the business community in the town that's a good thing. In fact the club could do worse than reach out to business' in the town in this manner. All good for the club and in the end all the cash ends up back at the club and also it's a little bit different much like the end of season "do" being held at the golf club [would have prefered the civic hall myself] but surely we can use the contact with the golf club to further ends. i say well done the H.H. and I hope you make plenty of cash.

Offline Havendiehard

• Academy Signing
Reply #7 on: 25 Mar 2013, 07:15:00 pm
Thanks once again to the fans for selling out this event.

I now have a reserve list of names should any tickets be returned - drop me a line if you want to join it!

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #8 on: 26 Mar 2013, 01:35:36 am
from what I hear it was a bit of help from Mr.Tomlinson at the westminster cafe who is a personal friend of Garry that got the ball rolling. How nice to see ex players doing a bit to help. But does "everything" have to be at the ground? I know it generates bar sales but sometimes thinking a little bit "outside the box" to use a modern term of phrase isn't a bad thing and if it creates a demand, if it generates a good profit and fosters cross communication between the club and the business community in the town that's a good thing. In fact the club could do worse than reach out to business' in the town in this manner. All good for the club and in the end all the cash ends up back at the club and also it's a little bit different much like the end of season "do" being held at the golf club [would have prefered the civic hall myself] but surely we can use the contact with the golf club to further ends. i say well done the H.H. and I hope you make plenty of cash.

I agree sometimes it's good to move away from the rec for events such as this. As mentioned its a sell out which is great news but surely the club could have attracted a bigger audience giving more fans the chance to meet 1 of rugby leagues great players. I've never been in the Westminster cafe but it doesn't look the biggest of places

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #9 on: 26 Mar 2013, 02:02:04 pm
Ive been in before and it's not massive but the club isn't organising it so they can't ne blamed for not taking it to a bigger venue it's just the do that Bomber has helped to organise so it may just be a case of what you have to run with to make a profit in this instance - would be nice to see other venues doing something similar, perhaps the Civic Hall could think of doing something help themselves and help the club they almost but out of existance - but hey that would mean someone at the Council would have to try and do something so guess we could forget that idea as quickly as I have taken to write it down.