HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

where you all at

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
on: 28 Apr 2013, 11:45:18 pm
where are all the haven fans at it felt a bit lonely today with the haven fans that were left in the jj.mckeown bar today but what a good crack and noise we made well done again to true genuine  haven  fans you have my respect and thanks to all fans and haven staff for back up  you know who you are haven fans are special grezt crack and noise today
born and bred haven.

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #1 on: 29 Apr 2013, 08:27:37 am
crowds in general across the championship are down, against the likes of Donny etc who dont bring a lot we should still be getting around the 800 mark.Don't know what the answer is .Hopefully next home game barrow will bring a few and more hopefully the weather will improve.
The club shoould try to get more in from the local amatuer clubs, theres always a few down from egremont  with mont tops on etc, but you dont see many from kells hensigham etc
i would try discount tickets for the next game v barrow , should be a cracker and get them in once and they may just get back into the habit of going
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline kiss the snake

• Fans Favourite
Reply #2 on: 29 Apr 2013, 09:34:16 am
I wonder if they tried to do what swinton have done and reduce to a £5 that would certainly entice a load from barrow ? If we are getting 700 for that game we would then need 2100, that might be asking too much and if it didn't come off we certainly don't want to be losing more money. What do others think ? A good crowd would put the feelgood factor down there.

Offline kiss the snake

• Fans Favourite
Reply #3 on: 29 Apr 2013, 09:36:02 am
And if the idea was a goer it would have to be put out there now ! League express, leaguer and local papers.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #4 on: 29 Apr 2013, 09:44:15 am
hopefully another win thursday night and with barrow coming next put a few more on the gate.
born and bred haven.

Offline kiss the snake

• Fans Favourite
Reply #5 on: 29 Apr 2013, 09:48:21 am
Ye hopefully marra

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #6 on: 29 Apr 2013, 12:01:02 pm
Gimmicks and offers are all well and good and have their place but NOTHING will bring the crowds back other than a consistently winning team that's committed and playing rugby that is good to watch and can compete away from home.

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #7 on: 29 Apr 2013, 12:08:42 pm
just read on "love rugby" that leigh players haven,t been paid for a month their crowds are down by 400 this season hope we dont follow suit

• Haven Legend
Reply #8 on: 29 Apr 2013, 12:29:38 pm
barrow could be just the game for some decent offer as it would not only encourage stay away haven fans,but encourage a few more to travel from barrow.Not saying £5 entry but maybe £10 to get in or another kids go free offer
« Last Edit: 29 Apr 2013, 01:46:20 pm by brett kinghams mullet »
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline Johnno

• Academy Star
Reply #9 on: 29 Apr 2013, 01:26:58 pm
I'll give you my reasons for not going this season so far after following the club home & away for 40+ years

1) The facilities are awful. I prefer standing on the popular side & am not going to pay to get wet & stand & shiver for 80 mins.

2) The lack of local players. In years past I knew most of the team. They were lads I went to school with or worked with & I even played a couple of A team games myself. In recent years they were sons of lads I went to school with/worked with. Obviously strengthened with a few good signings from elsewhere. This season the side is packed with third rate travellers/foreign players & as a result I have lost interest

Offline kiss the snake

• Fans Favourite
Reply #10 on: 29 Apr 2013, 01:46:24 pm
Would you be tempted to return for a £5 ?

Offline Johnno

• Academy Star
Reply #11 on: 29 Apr 2013, 02:05:01 pm
Maybe

• Haven Legend
Reply #12 on: 29 Apr 2013, 02:28:37 pm
charging £5 to boost crowds is totally unrealistic, you would have to get around 1500/2000 through the gates just to stand still money wise, .But the right promotion targeted at the right game is worth doing

With no promotion v barrow what do we expect say 800 maybe 900 max with maybe 150 of those from barrow if everyone paid Averaged out with children/OAP about £12 per head =£10800
If they do a really big push £10 per head kids free then a crowd of 1080 would bring in the same amount £10800,but more important it would get more spending money in the bar and more new faces down who may just come again if its a good game.
1080 is more than achievable with the right marketing for a game V barrow, target areas like millom where there is a big local connection for both teams,target all amateur clubs with the vouchers that allow kids in free Adults for £10.To be honest as a Diehard i would still be willing to pay £15 if it meant the club could promote this game to those who don't attend and i'm sure other diehards would too.If it meant getting more through the gates and a chance of them returning to a full price game (maybe town game) then it has too be worth it
They could sell tickets in advance and says for every die hard paying £15 they will issue to local clubs 2 x vouchers for £10 entry,get sponsorship for the vouchers company logos on etc and use that too offset any potential loss from the price reduction
It would have to be marketed correctly and pushed in the press here and down at barrow
If ever there was a game to try something New its the barrow game ,we cant just sit on our hands and do nothing otherwise the only game we would get over 1000 for the rest of the season would be the town game

with nearly a month to push it and hype it up in the press it has too be worth a shot
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #13 on: 29 Apr 2013, 02:33:14 pm
Barrow took half a bus load to Workington
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

• Haven Legend
Reply #14 on: 29 Apr 2013, 02:39:39 pm
Barrow took half a bus load to Workington
They did but were playing poor, they have improved since and so you expect more to follow them away and again if marketed correctly in the right areas that should also bring in more
doing nothing is not an option unless we wont poor crowds for the rest of the season
THE MULLET IS BACK