HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

where you all at

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #15 on: 29 Apr 2013, 02:44:15 pm
Barrow took half a bus load to Workington
They did but were playing poor, they have improved since and so you expect more to follow them away and again if marketed correctly in the right areas that should also bring in more
doing nothing is not an option unless we wont poor crowds for the rest of the season
Well the BOD  done nothing for the town game. What's gonna make them change their attitude now?
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #16 on: 29 Apr 2013, 02:47:34 pm
Barrow took half a bus load to Workington
They did but were playing poor, they have improved since and so you expect more to follow them away and again if marketed correctly in the right areas that should also bring in more
doing nothing is not an option unless we wont poor crowds for the rest of the season
Well the BOD  done nothing for the town game. What's gonna make them change their attitude now?
town game is the wrong game to do it you will get a decent crowd just because it is derby,and its no good doing it with hunslet or cougars etc as they only bring a handfull.With barrow its a chance to bring in extra fans from both teams, the stay away local fans and the barrow fans who are undecided on travelling up the coast.Like i said ideal area is to target is Millom, lads from there on both teams
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline noahrob

• Fans Favourite
Reply #17 on: 29 Apr 2013, 04:58:11 pm
I'll give you my reasons for not going this season so far after following the club home & away for 40+ years

1) The facilities are awful. I prefer standing on the popular side & am not going to pay to get wet & stand & shiver for 80 mins.

2) The lack of local players. In years past I knew most of the team. They were lads I went to school with or worked with & I even played a couple of A team games myself. In recent years they were sons of lads I went to school with/worked with. Obviously strengthened with a few good signings from elsewhere. This season the side is packed with third rate travellers/foreign players & as a result I have lost interest
Johnno I don't think you have really lost interest, otherwise you wouldn't be following the team on this web site, give them a try by going to the Barrow game, I will be travelling from Canada for the home game against town. ;D ;D ;D ;D

• Haven Legend
Reply #18 on: 01 May 2013, 08:27:30 pm
i take it by the lack of any sort of news we are not planning to do anything special offer wise for the barrow game? if so then its foolish
Its a chance to attract more fans from both teams,don't get that chance with most other away teams
A chance to build it up battle of the millomites which would get a few extra in

or are going to settle for 700
THE MULLET IS BACK

• Haven Legend
Reply #19 on: 01 May 2013, 10:05:49 pm
just to add to this we now have no home game for a month very poor for cash flow, so another reason to do some kind of offer for the barrow game and advance ticket sales to get cash in now to help cash flow
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #20 on: 01 May 2013, 10:26:08 pm
BKM....Arrange the following words into a well known saying mate ...........wall your a your battering against head brick

• Haven Legend
Reply #21 on: 02 May 2013, 09:25:05 pm
1400 plus there tonight ,not saying charge a fiver but BOD doing SOMETHING for the barrow game
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #22 on: 02 May 2013, 09:40:18 pm
defeat tonight means IF we lose at london there will be no point doing any kind of promotion for the barrow game because people will not turn up.

it is of paramount importance now that we have to beat london and try some kind of promotion for the barrow game, the BOD can no longer just expect people to turn up
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #23 on: 04 May 2013, 01:44:30 pm
win down london ?  we getting some DR players in then

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #24 on: 04 May 2013, 01:47:04 pm
when's our new bar getting built ive just heard abooot

Offline branstymarra

• Academy Star
Reply #25 on: 04 May 2013, 03:48:31 pm
The new bar will be built following 3 feasability studies, 6 site surveys, approval from the miners and will open in 20??????
*******news flash***just been reported that the leader of copeland council thinks its a good idea.....so thats a no go then

Offline CocoLoco

• Academy Star
Reply #26 on: 04 May 2013, 05:12:49 pm

Let Kids in for free with a paying adult.

Get the players round the schools promoting the game and giving out vouchers.

The kids will then be 'inspired' to force their parents to take them to the match.

The 'food' van is also an absolute rip off - that wont exactly encourage those with families to attend. I'm sure it's 2.50 for a tray of aldi chips.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #27 on: 04 May 2013, 05:22:51 pm
Get the barrow promoted get some offers on for fans dad and lad mam and daughter drinks promotions something to get the fans in
Come on bod
born and bred haven.

Offline flipflop

• Academy Star
Reply #28 on: 04 May 2013, 06:04:11 pm
I've never been encouraged to any sport because of a cheap food van. There's some tripe talked on here

Offline branstymarra

• Academy Star
Reply #29 on: 04 May 2013, 09:55:14 pm
Many years ago when Chris Drake, Ivo Alan Crowe my  self and others whose names I cant remember (senile problems) were part of the supporters group we suggested that the club should buy a catering van and staff it with volunteers. the argument against that idea from the club  BOD was that the vendors were paying a fee for the pitch. we pointed out that revenue from the sales would have far outweighed the pitch fees. but even in those days the brick wall /head against prevailed.