HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

where you all at

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #30 on: 04 May 2013, 10:04:59 pm
I've never been encouraged to any sport because of a cheap food van. There's some tripe talked on here

yes your 40 posts for starters we need ideas from fans bod man on the street to get this club back where we belong
born and bred haven.

Offline flipflop

• Academy Star
Reply #31 on: 04 May 2013, 11:30:32 pm
Sorry about my 40 posts. What I meant to say was if the food van reduces its chips to £2 I'll bring 15 of my family and spread the good chip news in Facebook. We could maybe take out an advert in the Whitehaven News. 'The fans come back when the chips are down' What do you think?

Offline CocoLoco

• Academy Star
Reply #32 on: 04 May 2013, 11:53:25 pm
You obviously haven't got kids Flipflop eh.

Offline J.D. Raaz

• First Team Backup
Reply #33 on: 05 May 2013, 09:59:52 am
branstymarra:

I had explored a catering trailer for the Club and had gone so far as to speak to an individual at this business:

http://www.wilkinsoncatering.co.uk/

They offer used trailers also that would simply have to be rebranded in stainless and the Club colors that would work wonderfully.

flipflop: Part of the issue isn't just the price (though that is a concern) its also just the fact that you are offering fans a variety...something to look forward to on match days, whilst raising funds.

You don't have to compete directly with the food van that is already there...but you certainly can mix it up some. When people go to the Crab Fair or the Harbor Festival one of the things they enjoy is the variety of food. It adds atmosphere. The Club can do the same.

Contact companies to give handouts for the young ones at the gate. Balloons, balls, backpacks, etc.. Its a great promotion for the Club and an economical way to do corporate/business branding. Richard and a fellow URS executive handed out backpacks a few years ago at the Halkirk (sp?) Games in front of the URS Marquee and by 1:00 in the afternoon all you saw across the grounds was the URS logo walking. It was brilliant and the kids and parents loved it.

Make the Recre a destination not just for Dad but for the entire family. Off the pitch activities can help maximize on the pitch capability....its a win/win.

There is also this site which offers used trailers already outfitted. (Can you tell I was rather enthused about this idea? :) )

http://www.ncass.org.uk/ncass_catering_equipment_for_sale.aspx

or this one with some very reasonable prices:

http://www.cateringclassifieds.com/index.php?cat=9

« Last Edit: 05 May 2013, 10:52:46 am by J.D. Raaz »

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #34 on: 05 May 2013, 12:26:05 pm
One could add that for fifty years we had a very profitable and adequate "canteen" that did stirling service that seemed to vanish, i can't remeber what the circumstances were - however talking about CHIPS, pie and oxo was the main stay at most grounds for years and in the 80's one of Wigan's innovations was vans in the grounds selling chips, which was a bit of a catering revolution at the time. Mrs.Raaz is correct in what she says, little things like the very British smell of vinegar on fried potatoes may sound trivial but add another fifty trivial ideas and you have a whole lot of fun, the bouncy castle we always had, hartleys ice cream van, a sound system you can understand, music that you might vaguely recognise, the odd performance by the town band and in some cases military bands etc etc. Why is it when anyone has an idea [however silly we might think it is] we always want to knock the idea firstly then think about it later, we just don't think progressively CHIPS on their own is in many ways symbolic of the clubs problems, in which way we approach things, I don't think [was it Cocoloco who posted] actually thought that chips cheap as, was going to solve our problems he was meaning we have to put a "show on" nowadays if you want them punters back there is so much else for them to do nowadays. Catering is one of the most profitable sectors in the Nation's economy. Give them an pie in a bag that'l dee them. This is the brick wall we are up against, let's take £50 off the van man instead of putting effort in and making say £300 profit on average multiply by 15 and there you have it nearly £5k per season FROM CHIPS.

Offline CocoLoco

• Academy Star
Reply #35 on: 05 May 2013, 02:26:37 pm

Its not just 'the chips'. The club has lacked any vision for years (if ever).

Ive mentioned this before but the clubs image would massively benefit from a rebrand from top to bottom. Im not saying lose the name Whitehaven but adopt a title such as Warriors once again to give the club a modern face. It could even be done on a fans vote to build publicity in the media.

I would also have Pora and JJP going round local schools during the day to discuss life in PNG. Each School could also take a turn at visiting the Recre on matchday with a section of the stand reserved for them with free tickets for the Kids. Most Football clubs do it and its pretty cost neutral considering the Kids wouldnt normally be paying visitors.

The pre match - half time entertainment is also a joke. Have a competition at halftime kicking goals from the halfway line with a rolling prize - anything to encourage people to attend.

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #36 on: 05 May 2013, 02:43:38 pm
Dont know if any of you have been borough park but, in the bar the reds have their own food outlet and it is always packed. This alone makes the club a small fortune. It is manned buy people who give up their time for free. Yes its great a burger van pays say £200-£250 to have a pitch in the ground, but i bet you any food outlet will make way more than this!
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #37 on: 06 May 2013, 07:28:25 am
If a burger van is paying £250 then it must take £1,000 [it would need £500 to break even] or it would not be worthwhile, if the club took £1,000 it would have £500 profit, you do the maths. Cocoloco yes to your post just dozens of "little" ideas float about this forum all the time, how do we get these ideas into action???????????????????????

Offline lastmanstanding

• First Team Backup
Reply #38 on: 06 May 2013, 10:27:46 am
Talk about advertising, the display board next to the Castle pub still shows Doncaster as our next home game  :witch: can't even promote the Barrow game free of charge.
Yes all us die hard fans know but it's the fans we have lost need to be reminded of the next game and the BOD need a big reality check "don't treat supporters with contempt" ONE DAY WE MIGHT NOT TURN UP.  8)

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #39 on: 06 May 2013, 10:48:12 am
Talk about advertising, the display board next to the Castle pub still shows Doncaster as our next home game  :witch: can't even promote the Barrow game free of charge.
Yes all us die hard fans know but it's the fans we have lost need to be reminded of the next game and the BOD need a big reality check "don't treat supporters with contempt" ONE DAY WE MIGHT NOT TURN UP.  8)

No rush the game is 3 weeks away, that's the mindset.

HW

Offline denisatesk

• Academy Star
Reply #40 on: 06 May 2013, 04:34:26 pm
3 maybe 4 year's ago someone used to put a poster onto this site which could be printed off  by anyone with aprinter,these could then be put up arouund the area at people's place of work.(i used to put one up at the hospital )
i don't know who was putting them on the site, but perhap's someone out there could ressurect this service.
the more we can publicise our home game's the better.

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #41 on: 16 May 2013, 01:30:59 pm
also they are putting a free bus on from millom, great idea need people to promote it there's a link on facebook and twitter, lets get it shared around should pull in fans from both sides

Whitehaven v Barrow a free bus will is being put on for Millom Supporters please contact the club for more info 01946 328088

https://www.facebook.com/WhitehavenRLFC2010?hc_location=stream

https://twitter.com/OfficialHavenRl/status/334998626709426176

Well done BOD i said this is a game where something new should be tried and targeting millom is brillant fans and players from both sides
THE MULLET IS BACK