HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

vossy on david mead smashing bryson goodwin

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
on: 11 Nov 2013, 10:13:47 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXqHkKEjpP4

" that will knock the jacket tattie out of you and the cheese and the coleslaw" him and nobby have been excellent together
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #1 on: 11 Nov 2013, 12:28:33 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXqHkKEjpP4

" that will knock the jacket tattie out of you and the cheese and the coleslaw" him and nobby have been excellent together

get them on sky been good crack
born and bred haven.

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #2 on: 11 Nov 2013, 04:13:46 pm
Are they the two guys who commentated at Warrington?

Offline egremont

• Academy Star
Reply #3 on: 11 Nov 2013, 08:31:58 pm
what do you mean there's someone out there who's better than eddie and stevo,
who actually knows who is who and can actually be humerous - not having it.
Also what an embarrassment Sky are in relation to the RL world cup - hours and hours of the RU autumn internationals ans minimal coverage of the world cup.
No wonder they can't get sponsorship

Offline JHs Lad

• Academy Star
Reply #4 on: 11 Nov 2013, 08:58:14 pm
If anyone needed reminded of Sky's indifference to Rugby League the RLWC has certainly shown everyone what a shallow media it is.  I only hope that something positive comes from the success of the competition made a pleasure to watch without the customary heavy Sky influence, meddling and - - - -  - - - - that comes with the so called super league. 

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #5 on: 12 Nov 2013, 12:46:47 am
Also what an embarrassment Sky are in relation to the RL world cup - hours and hours of the RU autumn internationals ans minimal coverage of the world cup.

As far as I am aware, Sky made a very good offer to show all RL World Cup matches, this was turned down because the powers that be actually believed the BBC would show all matches when they put their offer in, and when BBC weren't interested in all matches they went back to Sky, cap in hand, but Sky had by now relocated the money elsewhere, so it has ended up on some 2 bit Irish channel!
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #6 on: 12 Nov 2013, 09:32:55 am
I think most of you know how I feel about this crazy policy of 'spreading the RL gospel' however can anyone put a reasonable argument up that taking the game to Limerick probably at great cost [bearing in mind a huge gate could have been had here] in front of a derisory gate will DO ANYTHING IN THE LONG RUN [or short term] for the good of Rugby League? The game in South Wales was eqally as bad and a better opening gate could have also been acheived if held in England. I think sky either need to up their game or I think they may just walk, what will the SL clubs do then?

Offline JHs Lad

• Academy Star
Reply #7 on: 12 Nov 2013, 10:16:29 am

As far as I am aware, Sky made a very good offer to show all RL World Cup matches, this was turned down because the powers that be actually believed the BBC would show all matches when they put their offer in, and when BBC weren't interested in all matches they went back to Sky, cap in hand, but Sky had by now relocated the money elsewhere, so it has ended up on some 2 bit Irish channel!

I was not aware of the media coverage issues leading up to the RLWC and stand corrected.

I have to add however that I was pleased we were spared the over the top razzamatazz that has to be there in all sport Sky tv cover.  Some would say the 'softer approach' to coverage of this competition has given gravitas and increased respect for the greatest game.  I recognise that occasionally there have been unfortunate breaks in coverage but for me the presentation is perfectly pitched.
I admit to being sceptical in all Sky are about having never been able to forgive them for the part they have played in the what I see as their disregard of heartland history within Rugby League in their quest to spread the gospel of Sky to the masses.

Offline farawayfan

• Academy Star
Reply #8 on: 12 Nov 2013, 10:34:21 am
I think the coverage has been spot on, I subscribed to premier sports at the start of the nrl season so I could see better standard games week in week out. It's very rare that a game is massively one sided. The only disappointment for me is that it is not in HD. But I can live without it......!!!!
HAVEN......PRIDE OF CUMBRIA