HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Stadium article on the official site

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
on: 06 Oct 2006, 05:01:32 pm
A good article is now on the official site regarding the stadium development. Seems like we are finally starting to get somewhere - www.whitehavenrl.co.uk

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #1 on: 06 Oct 2006, 05:39:57 pm
so there is no chance of a new stand for next season then....if the contract isn't going to be award until feb 2007 even if work starts in march then it will be september before its done...what is the RFL's deadline for superleague critera no doubt it will be june again so we could miss out yet again

i see this dragging on and dragging on

hope im wrong
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #2 on: 06 Oct 2006, 06:16:24 pm
so there is no chance of a new stand for next season then....if the contract isn't going to be award until feb 2007 even if work starts in march then it will be september before its done...what is the RFL's deadline for superleague critera no doubt it will be june again so we could miss out yet again

i see this dragging on and dragging on

hope im wrong

I  agree.  Its  got  to  the  stage  were  talk  of  a  new  stand  has  become  a  bit  of  a  joke.  I must  admit  I  was  taken  in  at  1st  and  really  thought  something  might  get  done  but  after  3  years  here  we  are  with  not  a  brick  laid.

It  appears  looking  from  the  outside  that  there  are  just  too  many  people  involved  in  all  this.  All  we  needed  is  the  cash  and  someone  to  plan  it  then  we  can  get  in  Bob  The  Builder  to  stick  it  up..........simple. 8)

Offline haven4eva

• Academy Signing
Reply #3 on: 08 Oct 2006, 10:38:52 am
so does this affect us for promotion next season.,
We're the pride of Cumbria!!

Offline rdc

• Academy Star
Reply #4 on: 08 Oct 2006, 01:14:51 pm
I think if the RFL see that work is actually happening and the stand is actually being built next June, then they will let us up provided we can prove the work will be completed by the start of SL 2008.

Offline haven4eva

• Academy Signing
Reply #5 on: 08 Oct 2006, 01:20:35 pm
TRUE RDC BUT THE RFL THINK IN FUNNY WAYS
We're the pride of Cumbria!!

Offline kells/haven

• Academy Star
Reply #6 on: 08 Oct 2006, 08:40:34 pm
I think if the RFL see that work is actually happening and the stand is actually being built next June, then they will let us up provided we can prove the work will be completed by the start of SL 2008.
i doubt they would belive us if we said we would haven done for the start of 2008.

Offline Bkenz92

• First Team Regular
  • Haven Til I Die
Reply #7 on: 08 Oct 2006, 08:45:51 pm
I really do hope it will happen this year im getting sick of ' next year definatly'...  >:(

Offline rdc

• Academy Star
Reply #8 on: 08 Oct 2006, 09:50:49 pm
i doubt they would belive us if we said we would haven done for the start of 2008.
I actually think they would.  They've bent the rules for us in the past so I don't think they'll block us this time if they can see the actual work taking place.

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #9 on: 09 Oct 2006, 08:43:19 pm
what happend to a stand being built by june 07?
haven till i die

Offline Haven Crazy

• First Team Backup
  • Is tho in yan? Is tho in yan? oohoo
Reply #10 on: 10 Oct 2006, 04:50:33 pm
Lets hope things go to plan and work doesn't get held up, would really be better if work could get started asap, just think there is Nov, Dec, Jan and Feb gone to waste, think about how much work could be donme in 4 months. Does anyone now if any plans have been submitted yet? I think anyone has the right to go down to the council and view them once they have been submitted.
Can't stand Jam, eh!

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #11 on: 10 Oct 2006, 08:18:16 pm
got told by a mate that work was ment to start last week but got held up and he is signd to the club so he must know something he might have just heard wrong though anybody else heard anything like that?
haven till i die

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #12 on: 11 Oct 2006, 01:53:58 pm
does ane1 know what the stand will be like ie right along the pop side or just a bigger version of the grandstand

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #13 on: 11 Oct 2006, 03:21:29 pm
i heard it is going to be built behind the popular side so there is seating and standin on pop side
haven till i die

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #14 on: 11 Oct 2006, 04:21:58 pm
sounds very smart then what will the capacity be if this is o it must be over 10,000